Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Campbell's fate in Washington?

stbabyy

Wherever JC goes he will probably be a transition starter until the young guy is ready. As far as I'm concern he may as well do that here. There is nobody else available that is better and this team lacks the leadership to handle being turned over to a rookie QB. I think there were so many deficits on the offensive side from the o-line to subpar receivers and lack of running game that it's really hard to fairly evaluate his play this season IMHO.

JC is the 16th rated QB in the league in passing yards. Of the 15 qb's ahead of him, only Flacco is lacking a bigtime receiver or runningback, but what Flacco does have is an oustanding O-line. JC is still ahead of McNabb, Palmer and Sanchez.

See for yourself

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Let this thread be the last hurrah of the Candle lovers. Candle is an un-clutch, slow loser and will be gone very very soon. Thank God.

Im with you dude. Wow. Campbell wasnt good even when the Oline was half decent. Tired of the excuses. Hes had 5 years, We have been complete losers when hes QB. Only time we got into the playoffs was when he was hurt. But they have an excuse for that too. Sad.

Wherever JC goes he will probably be a transition starter until the young guy is ready. As far as I'm concern he may as well do that here. There is nobody else available that is better and this team lacks the leadership to handle being turned over to a rookie QB. I think there were so many deficits on the offensive side from the o-line to subpar receivers and lack of running game that it's really hard to fairly evaluate his play this season IMHO.

JC is the 16th rated QB in the league in passing yards. Of the 15 qb's ahead of him, only Flacco is lacking a bigtime receiver or runningback, but what Flacco does have is an oustanding O-line. JC is still ahead of McNabb, Palmer and Sanchez.

See for yourself

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Looking at stats? Is that all you JC fans care about? Or is it all that you have to show for JC? Who cares about stats dude? You seem to not realize all those QBs, even sanchez is contending their teams into the playoffs. And your also trying to say that JC is better than Mcnabb and Palmer? lol. why? because the STATS look better? I've seen these guys win games in the final drive. clutch. Has JC ever led us to ONE win in the final minutes when he gets the chance? NO! Matter of fact the guy hasnt even gotten us past midfield in the final drive. lol thats sad.

I have always been some what of a Campbell supporter. At least, I've always believed he could be successful. But after those last two games and after all the collected drama he's experienced over the years I honestly believe it's in the best interest for both him and the team to part ways.

I know he could be a potential good veteran back up and I've even advocated this before but man after those last couple games its clear that he's done here.

All I want is fresh start. Hopefully with Allen and a good coach running the show we all can have some hope that things might be different for the first time in 10 years.

Looking at stats? Is that all you JC fans care about? Or is it all that you have to show for JC? Who cares about stats dude? You seem to not realize all those QBs, even sanchez is contending their teams into the playoffs. And your also trying to say that JC is better than Mcnabb and Palmer? lol. why? because the STATS look better? I've seen these guys win games in the final drive. clutch. Has JC ever led us to ONE win in the final minutes when he gets the chance? NO! Matter of fact the guy hasnt even gotten us past midfield in the final drive. lol thats sad.

I was merely making the point that no successful QB or team is lacking in all three major components of the offense. Stats aren't the point the point is no one will be successful here if the receivers, running backs and o-line are not improved.

Secondly, Jason led this team to a 4th quarter lead several times this season. The defense failed him each time by giving up winning points.

Also Jason did throw a game winning TD against AZ last season.

See for yourself

Campbell has played in more games than almost everyone ranked behind him in yards and TDs.

i couldn't stand JC this year but the more i think of it....it makes more sense to resign him to a short deal and shore up the OL. this is a weak QB class and we really need a LT and RT. poor JC was having to take 15 step drops each throw the past couple weeks. crazy.

i couldn't stand JC this year but the more i think of it....it makes more sense to resign him to a short deal and shore up the OL. this is a weak QB class and we really need a LT and RT. poor JC was having to take 15 step drops each throw the past couple weeks. crazy.

This is my point. It's not so much that I think Jason is the one, just feel there is no one better. I would like to see us improve the OL and our RB situation this year, and take a chance on getting Locker or someone else next year.

but i don't think you'll be ablet o sign JC for anything less than a 5 year - future starter kind of contract (ie: 60mil). so he's probably gone due to that alone.

If Jason Campbell signs a 5 year, $60 million deal with anyone at all, I will happily give you my sig for 5 years.

So, yes, I'm proposing an epic 5 year sig bet. If Campbell signs a 5 year, $60 million deal or greater, I will make my sig whatever you want for the duration of Campbell's new contract.

To make it more enticing, if he is able to sign a shorter deal that equals out to $12 million per year, I will give you my sig for the length of the contract.

If he signs for less but still starts somewhere I get your sig for a year.

If he signs for less and is a back-up on opening day I get your sig for 2 years.

If he's out of the league I will take your sig for 5 years.

Any takers?

See for yourself

Stats don't mean much when you're sitting at home watching the playoffs, while McNabb and Palmer are competing for the SB.

If Jason Campbell signs a 5 year, $60 million deal with anyone at all, I will happily give you my sig for 5 years.

So, yes, I'm proposing an epic 5 year sig bet. If Campbell signs a 5 year, $60 million deal or greater, I will make my sig whatever you want for the duration of Campbell's new contract.

To make it more enticing, if he is able to sign a shorter deal that equals out to $12 million per year, I will give you my sig for the length of the contract.

If he signs for less but still starts somewhere I get your sig for a year.

If he signs for less and is a back-up on opening day I get your sig for 2 years.

If he's out of the league I will take your sig for 5 years.

Any takers?

That's a pretty ridiculous sig you have, but I'm not brave enough to take that bet.

I love Campbell, but this team wants to win a super bowl. Campbell isn't a super bowl quarterback. We want a QB capable of winning us a super bowl. He just can't do that...

This statement is absolutely true but i'm still torn between drafting a stud QB in the first round and hoping to get some decent o-line in the later rounds or keeping campbell around for another year to compete with Colt and drafting the stud o-line early because no matter how you draft we're not going to the super bowl next year........

I think if we offer the 1st 3rd Tender as we do with Rogers and let their agents work out deals . Either way they would be cheap talent in a FA market that will be bireft of decent priced talent and the guys out there will be either VERY EXPENSIVE or washed up .

One thing that does intrigue me is could Zorn end up in Cleavland with Holgrem and they are a team in need of a QB could make an offer for Campbell...

I think the worst thing that happens is we end up with Campbell playing for another season in the B&G ... I just get the feeling he is going to be one of very many trades throughout the league ...maybe some three way deal for other RFA's

I'm not a fan of Campbell and I'd be quite upset if he's still the starter two years from now, barring a miracle (like leading the team to the Super Bowl). With that being said, I'd be able to live with having him as the QB for another year while the O-line gets upgraded.

And re: stats, my buddy has Campbell on his fantasy team and raves about what great numbers Campbell gets for his team, and doesn't understand why the fans don't like him. Too bad real-life football isn't fantasy football, or else we might all like Campbell a lot more.

really Zorn is throwing stones from his very very very fragile glass house huh

But overall it is time for the redskins and jc to part ways

funny huh? people crap on zorn but endorse his opinion ...

people crap on snyder, but they always point back to how he/vinny tried to get rid of campbell so campbell has to suck, because the owner (that they totally distrust) tried to get rid of him ...

if zorn and snyder suck, shouldn't their opinions and actions suck as well?

I hope Campbell goes to Minnesota, sits behind Favre and then comes in with som any pieces in place. He deserves better, I just know than in a few years this board will be all about how Clause/Bradofrd suck and we should get Barkley

And just why, pray, does "he" deserve better?

Aren't WE the one that deserve FAR better from the most important position on the team after nigh on two decades of almost constant, mediocre output since the last Lombardi, bar the odd flash; culminating in the Jason Campbell led worst offensive unit in Redskins history?

Sorry, but our fraud of a first round QB deserves absolutely jack **** from this organization above the 5 years too many he's already been given by them.

Hail.

This statement is absolutely true but i'm still torn between drafting a stud QB in the first round and hoping to get some decent o-line in the later rounds or keeping campbell around for another year to compete with Colt and drafting the stud o-line early because no matter how you draft we're not going to the super bowl next year........

I say keep Campbell as the one year warmer for whatever QB we get to replace him. Campbell again I love you man, but it's time for a change. Campbell could be a backup and even start a few games for me, but in a big game (super bowl, playoff game, etc) you are on the pine instantly. We need a super bowl capable winning QB. If we aren't gonna go after that, why do we even suit up the cleats?

I say keep Campbell as the one year warmer for whatever QB we get to replace him. Campbell again I love you man, but it's time for a change. Campbell could be a backup and even start a few games for me, but in a big game (super bowl, playoff game, etc) you are on the pine instantly. We need a super bowl capable winning QB. If we aren't gonna go after that, why do we even suit up the cleats?

As i've been stating on other boards, as we near 2010 FA its likely the year will be uncapped which will make JC a restricted FA. He could very well end up back in DC on a one year tender if no one decides hes worth.... say a 4th round draft pick.

Archived