Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins 2010 QB Competition who's in?

darrelgreenie

how is it logical?

DGs mancrush for JC is getting to the point wheres he devoid of making any sense at all.

Its logical if you are talking this year vs next year.

Mike S. offensive scheme and coaching techniques are going to be a huge improvement over Jim Zorns.

So next year if JC is still here he would improve over this year, just by being in Shanahans scheme.

Now I will say this, if they can get Cutler here, he will be a much better qb then jason would be, AND he will be a much better qb then he is with the Bears.

And yes, I have read enough of DG's posts to realize where he stands in regards to Jason. ;)

Mike S. offensive scheme and coaching techniques are going to be a huge improvement over Jim Zorns.

So next year if JC is still here he would improve over this year, just by being in Shanahans scheme.

Now I will say this, if they can get Cutler here, he will be a much better qb then jason would be, AND he will be a much better qb then he is with the Bears.

And yes, I have read enough of DG's posts to realize where he stands in regards to Jason. ;)

Improvement over inadequate play to less inadequate play means nothing.

A QB who scored 14 on his first Wonderlic is not going to fit in well with Shanahan's playbook as he did not fare well under Saunders' scheme. Nor was he able to run Zorn's scheme that required him to call the protections.

Having to dumb down a playbook is not what a strategist is going to want to be limited by unless he is forced to be. JC is done here. You can stick the fork in him Sunday.

I still say Jason has not improved over last year and will not improve next year.

Does this have to be another thread hi-jacked by your ant-Campbell diatribes?

BLC thinks Campbell sucks.

Noted.

Can we move on now?

What (young i.e. other then Garcia) WCO QB would you like to see in camp next season?

You are the one claiming that JC would perform better than Cutler under Shanahan here next year.

Noted.

Can we move on now?

What (young i.e. other then Garcia) WCO QB would you like to see in camp next season?

Can you wait until we have a coach?

Noted.

Can we move on now?

if you didnt want this to be about campbell, why is it the 4th word in your original post?

colt is the only QB id wanna see here run a WCO. hes on the roster, hes cheap, he had success in college. thats about all we can go on right now.

but spare me the "anti campbell" crap. your first sentence is "Its 2010 and Jason Campbell has been re-signed for whatever reason". anyone could easily tell you to pipe down about campbell even being here (which he probably wont be anyways, making this thread moot).

It really all depends on who the HC is.. I personally don't think a stop-gap QB will be used, they aren't many good one's out there at the moment. Maaaybe Sage, but he hasn't been able to get it done in Minny, so why would he able to get anything done here? Garcia is intelligent and runs a WCO extremely well, but he's getting old, and all signs are pointing to Mike Shanny as our HC, and I am weary about Garcia in a vertical version of the WCO.. Pennington is pretty smart too, but he's injury prone and like Garcia I don't know how well he would fair in a vertical passing attack. I would honestly take Todd Collins over most of these guys, if we're looking for only a stop-gap QB.

-I personally think our starting QB next season will be, JC (if he stays), if not I expect the QB will be decided in a competition between Colt and hopefully Jimmy Clausne, but probably Sam Bradford.

exactly. he doesnt want this to be "that type of thread" yet he goes into how logical it would be that campbell would perform better under shannahan. unreal.

Most of the threads that start "my plans for next offseason..." , "The available Qb's..." etc.

are all started by the JC fan club trying to make tha same excuses. Battered fan syndrome is apparently difficult to get over.

Maaaybe Sage, but he hasn't been able to get it done in Minny, so why would he able to get anything done here?

Sage has been in Minny for one year. Favre signed after he did so he never got a shot. That's hardly not getting it done.

And he knows Shanahan's offense.

Who knows?

The only thing I would bet against is JC being back. Shanahan ain't a fan.

Sage has been in Minny for one year. Favre signed after he did so he never got a shot. That's hardly not getting it done.

And he knows Shanahan's offense.

Who knows?

The only thing I would bet against is JC being back. Shanahan ain't a fan.

...and thank God for small favors

its like DG wants the redskins to assemble a roster of super losers at QB, then turn around and blame everyone else when they suck.

josh johnson looked awful this season in the 2 games.

I think DG saw Josh Johnson look better than Campbell vs. Tampa and since Jason is his sine qua non of professional quarterbacking, he assumed Josh Johnson would be a good fit here.

Then there's this in response to dgie:

You said all of the Bucs QBs were bad last year, because they are a bad team with no direction. If you think Garcia was bad then I have no idea why you defend Jason Campbell or Josh Johnson.

Hmmm, I have an idea...

I already posted my opinion on what I would like to happen with the QB situation next yr earlier in the thread...

My question is to the people who are so sure that Shanahan/Allen don't like JC, and that JC is all but gone...What happens if Shanahan/Allen decides to bring him back? Does that also make them idiots, bandwagoners, JC lovers or incapable of seeing that JC sucks? It really doesn't matter to me...I'm a JC fan and will still be a fan of his where ever he goes(unless he's playing against the Skins) but if they decide he shouldn't be a part of this team I'll accept that and if they do think he should be here I'll accept that also...

You are the one claiming that JC would perform better than Cutler under Shanahan here next year.

LoL, Hey if you're gonna hi-jack the thread at least quote me:

Cutler is having a worse year then JC.

If Cutler would be better with Shanny then wouldn't it be logical that Campbell would as well?

Do you skip the quote feature to purposely mis-quote people?

What TK is trying to say is that that most likely will happen because he is dropping hints.;)

This time he is not dropping hints but speculating as he is not even sure JC will be back and IF he is then his response. ;)

I rather go:

1. Colt

2. JC

3. Rookie (whoever that might be)

Personally JC has not done anything this year to be given the automatic starter position. He had the luxury the last two season. Enough is enough.

This time he is not dropping hints but speculating as he is not even sure JC will be back and IF he is then his response. ;)

I rather go:

1. Colt

2. JC

3. Rookie (whoever that might be)

Personally JC has not done anything this year to be given the automatic starter position. He had the luxury the last two season. Enough is enough.

Ya It will be cool for Colt to get real reps in practice. Like Colt said its hard to get in any rhythm or to show what you got with so little reps. None of us know how bad or good he is with out him getting reps. Believe me, we have not yet seen Colt get into any rhythm yet. When he does they will not take him out!!! And that's exactly what Lavarleap said about him. I think after the smoke clears Colts teammates are going to support him a lot.

I think after the smoke clears Colts teammates are going to support him a lot.

Especially since the dude is paid the NFL minimum wage.

If you're a vet, are you going to support the hotshot n00b who was just handed tens of millions in guaranteed money or someone like Brennan who has to first prove himself? Duh!

• 3 weeks later...
Its 2010 and Jason Campbell has been re-signed for whatever reason (stop-gap, QB of the present).

Todd Collins has been released.

The Redskins need to bring a back-up QB to replace Collins who's capable of pushing Campbell for the starting spot and competing with Colt for the back-up spot.

Here are some names, i'm sure there are more:

Troy Smith

Matt Flynn

Dan Orlovsky

Brody Croyle

John David Booty

Kellen Clements

Charlie Frye

JP Losman

Seneca Wallace

Josh Johnson

Which current NFL QB would you like to see brought in and why?

I forgot an obvious option until i read Matt Terl's blog and saw a picture of John David Booty was with Texans our new QB coach LeFleur.

mattlafleurtexans.jpg

I forgot that Booty was with the Texans and not the Vikings, thus he would already have a year in Kyle's the system and 2 years in a WCO and is young enough to have some upside but inexperienced enough for the Texans to let him walk.

He would be a great QB to bring to camp.

I forgot an obvious option until i read Matt Terl's blog and saw a picture of John David Booty was with Texans our new QB coach LeFleur.

mattlafleurtexans.jpg

I forgot that Booty was with the Texans and not the Vikings, thus he would already have a year in Kyle's the system and 2 years in a WCO and is young enough to have some upside but inexperienced enough for the Texans to let him walk.

He would be a great QB to bring to camp.

Just curious DG, how would you feel if Shanny brought in Booty as our starting QB next year?

• 1 month later...
Its 2010 and (we're assuming) Jason Campbell has been re-signed for whatever reason (stop-gap, QB of the present).

The Redskins need to bring a back-up QB to replace Collins who's capable of pushing Campbell for the starting spot and competing with Colt for the back-up spot.

Troy Smith

Matt Flynn

Dan Orlovsky

Brody Croyle

John David Booty

Kellen Clements

Charlie Frye

JP Losman

Seneca Wallace

Josh Johnson

Any new thoughts now that Collins has actually been released?

Its 2010 and (we're assuming) Jason Campbell has been re-signed for whatever reason (stop-gap, QB of the present).

Troy Smith

Matt Flynn

Dan Orlovsky

Brody Croyle

John David Booty

Kellen Clements

Charlie Frye

JP Losman

Seneca Wallace

Josh Johnson

I would like to see Josh Johnson brought in.

I've followed the kid during his draft process 2 years ago and i think he got a raw deal in Tampa Bay's regime change.

I also think he's a likely candidate (if available) because of his ties to Bruce Allen:

Prior to the draft, Johnson wowed scouts at the East-West Shrine Game and was named offensive MVP of that contest. Johnson timed a 4.4 40-yard dash in pre-draft workouts, and illustrated the athletic ability that made him a successful scrambling quarterback in college. The Buccaneers had coaching connections to Johnson, and get an honest assessment.

Johnson played in a West Coast offense in college under coaches John Harbaugh and Jonnie Morten. Those coaches are familiar to Tampa Bay general manager Bruce Allen and head coach Jon Gruden. Morten was on Gruden’s staff in Oakland, and Harbaugh was on the Raiders’ coaching staff coaching under Allen in 2003.

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/4337

More on Josh Johnson:

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=JOH000001

combine:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/josh-johnson?id=264

draftguys scouting report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sITaJVOX0BQ&feature=related

Yuck! That list is not too much to get excited about. I'm with TK. I would choose none.

Open QB comp this TC with JC, CB5 and whoever we draft.

Archived