Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins 2010 QB Competition who's in?

darrelgreenie

And on from that, I can't answer that hypothetical, as I'm both swayed on the scenario I answered if Jason's still here, and don't see your question materializing; and I don't see any of those names being a much better option than letting Brennan push Jason in an open fight, and having Collins there as a vet. presence.

Hail.

Cool beans.

I just don't see why a new regime would keep Todd Collins.

Nothing against Todd but a new regime will be looking towards the future.

I figured that since people have been clamoring for an open competition i thought people would have some names in mind for whom they would like to see brought in to compete.

I figured the QBs on the list all pose at least an equal if not greater for challenge Colt Brennan for the No.2 spot and push Jason for the starting spot.

Josh Johnson better not come anywhere near this team. The guy was horrible for Tampa Bay this year. Johnson was supposed to be an improvement over Byron Leftwich, but after 4 games he was considerably worse, so he was replaced by a rookie.

50% completion

5.5 ypa

4TD

8 INT

50.9 rating

This guy couldn't even beat the Redskins!!!

No, I read it. I just told you what I see happening because I don't agree with what you posted. :)

Well, when you disregard the OP it encourages everyone else to disregard the OP then this thread ceases to be about, which current NFL QB would you like to see brought in to compete with Colt for the 2 spot and push JC for the starting spot?

And becomes another which QB should we draft thread.:)

Josh Johnson better not come anywhere near this team. The guy was horrible for Tampa Bay this year. Johnson was supposed to be an improvement over Byron Leftwich, but after 4 games he was considerably worse, so he was replaced by a rookie.

50% completion

5.5 ypa

4TD

8 INT

50.9 rating

This guy couldn't even beat the Redskins!!!

There is no reason why you would follow the Bucs as closely as i did so i'll enlighten your uninformed knee jerk reaction.

All of the Buc QBs were bad last year, that's what happens on a bad team. They Bucs have less direction then we have.

Johnson was the a stop gap QB for Freeman who was drafted as the Buc "Franchise QB"; who knows why Morris switched from Leftwhich to Johnson? Most likely an olive branch to appease the fans.

Josh Johnson was never given a chance to suceed again, without paying attention to the Bucs you wouldn't know this:

http://www.bucpower.com/johnson1609.html

What's odd about this arrangement, though, is that Morris has said Freeman would be operating as the backup quarterback during practices, allowing him to learn the ropes of installing game plans and all that game preparation entails. But, then, on game day, Morris plans to ask Johnson to take over in a pinch without the same level of preparation?

That, on the surface, doesn't compute. For what it's worth, Johnson is probably absorbing more during meetings and practices -- even as an observer -- because he knows he's just a heartbeat away. So, in that sense, perhaps he is growing as a player.

"I’m looking at it from a different point of view this year because I know that at any moment I could go in," he said. "Last year (when he was the fourth QB), I knew I wasn’t going to play and I was just trying to learn."

That's a good thing, no question. But it's hard not to come to the conclusion that some of this is perhaps driven by the team's recognition that Freeman has a lot to learn before he gets under center in a critical game. That's not something Morris or coaches are prepared to admit, but when trying to decipher what's going on here, nothing else really makes much sense

The writing was on the wall for Johnson as soon as the Bucs drafted Freeman.

Colt could be in a similiar situation next year, Josh was a 5th round holdover QB drafted by the previous regime.

And for the record Josh Freeman didn't play that much better:

55.2%

6.5 ypa

9 TD

16 INT

I think Troy Smith can play at this level, who knows if he'll ever get his shot.

I agree! I would wantat least four but rather five qbs in camp that all have a legitimate shot at making the roster.

Whether that is Smith, Campbell, Bradford, Brennan and Collins or some others, I don't care.

That position and many others need a lot of competition to get some better play overall.

Cutler with the #5 pick in the draft and JC.

Schaub for a #2 or Boozie.

We'll see what their coaching situation is like.

Probably need to sweeten the pot for Cutler so add CP, Cooley or Davis to the #5 and Jason.

Love Schaub except for his injuries.

Other then that ALL of my choices would be: Anyone but Jason!

i dont think this new regime will keep anyone but colt. campbell wants out and his agent surely will want him to get a fresh start for one more push at getting some money before his career ends, and collins is just too old at this point.

if were not going to start a rookie, id like to see garcia brought in as a stop gap.

on a side note, DG seems to love awful QBs.

There is no reason why you would follow the Bucs as closely as i did so i'll enlighten your uninformed knee jerk reaction.

All of the Buc QBs were bad last year, that's what happens on a bad team. They Bucs have less direction then we have.

Johnson was the a stop gap QB for Freeman who was drafted as the Buc "Franchise QB"; who knows why Morris switched from Leftwhich to Johnson? Most likely an olive branch to appease the fans.

The writing was on the wall for Johnson as soon as the Bucs drafted Freeman.

Colt could be in a similiar situation next year, Josh was a 5th round holdover QB drafted by the previous regime.

And for the record Josh Freeman didn't play that much better:

55.2%

6.5 ypa

9 TD

16 INT

Jeff Garcia was bad last year? He was better than Jason Campbell who you will defend to the death as being a good QB. I thought you followed the Bucs closely?

Of course the writing was on the wall for Johnson, because he is clearly not a good QB. Johnson was given 4 starts this season and he performed far worse than the guy he replaced, making the decision to play the rookie an easy one. (and a good one, since they got their first win in his first start) Josh Johnson is EASILY the worst QB on the Bucs roster, and considering the scrubs that they have, that is pretty bad. I will be shocked if he is still in the NFL 2 years from now.

I don't think Shanahan will want anything to do with JC.

We'll tender him... and then end up taking what we can get for him. Which won't be much. Seriously, what teams are going to want him? Carolina? Nope. Matt Moore is their guy. Buffalo? Maybe. But they won't trade squat for him, especially if they draft a QB. Oakland? They won't trade jack either.

We will take a qb in the first two rounds and bring in a journeyman. Maybe trade for Sage Rosenfels, who knows the system.

Brennan gets a shot at sticking around. Collins probably retires. If you ask me, he really got the shaft the past two years.

Jeff Garcia was bad last year? He was better than Jason Campbell who you will defend to the death as being a good QB. I thought you followed the Bucs closely?

Of course the writing was on the wall for Johnson, because he is clearly not a good QB. Johnson was given 4 starts this season and he performed far worse than the guy he replaced, making the decision to play the rookie an easy one. (and a good one, since they got their first win in his first start) Josh Johnson is EASILY the worst QB on the Bucs roster, and considering the scrubs that they have, that is pretty bad. I will be shocked if he is still in the NFL 2 years from now.

its like DG wants the redskins to assemble a roster of super losers at QB, then turn around and blame everyone else when they suck.

josh johnson looked awful this season in the 2 games i saw of him. just another QB with some speed who cant throw and is inaccurate. its why he was a 5th rounder and why he'll probably get released or traded.

Maybe a 5th

i still think that is a stretch. remember we got a 6th for ramsey and he had far more upside at the time he was traded. if campbell finishes out the season with 3 abominable games its gonna be tough to get much back in return. i would love a 5th rounder for campbell.

personally, id trade a 5th rounder just to be rid of him! lol

Jeff Garcia? Huh?

If Johnson is so clearly a bad QB why do all 3 QBs have bad stats?

3 QBs put up bad stats for the Bucs that would tell most people that the Bucs as a team aren't very good.

Thats what bad teams do they switch QBs to avoid admitting that the QB might not be the problem the team is the problem.

You can use caps all you want it doesn't make you any less wrong.

You say Johnson is far worse or easily the worst but you must not have looked at the stats, which show only a slight difference.

I posted an article that explained that even though Johnson was the back-up Freeman took all the second team snaps.

Yet at the end of the day Freeman numbers are only slightly better then Johnson's; if Johnson is a bad QB as you say then shouldn't Freeman be considered a bad QB also?

BTW- Why don't you stop trolling and actual join in the OP of this thread instead of sharp shooting?

Hail;)

i still think that is a stretch. remember we got a 6th for ramsey and he had far more upside at the time he was traded. if campbell finishes out the season with 3 abominable games its gonna be tough to get much back in return. i would love a 5th rounder for campbell.

personally, id trade a 5th rounder just to be rid of him! lol

Well that's true and I would also give someone a 5th just to take Jason :)

Jeff Garcia? Huh?

You said all of the Bucs QBs were bad last year, because they are a bad team with no direction. If you think Garcia was bad then I have no idea why you defend Jason Campbell or Josh Johnson.

If Johnson is so clearly a bad QB why do all 3 QBs have bad stats?

3 QBs put up bad stats for the Bucs that would tell most people that the Bucs as a team aren't very good.

Thats what bad teams do they switch QBs to avoid admitting that the QB might not be the problem the team is the problem.

You can use caps all you want it doesn't make you any less wrong.

You say Johnson is far worse or easily the worst but you must not have looked at the stats, which show only a slight difference.

I posted an article that explained that even though Johnson was the back-up Freeman took all the second team snaps.

Yet at the end of the day Freeman numbers are only slightly better then Johnson's; if Johnson is a bad QB as you say then shouldn't Freeman be considered a bad QB also?

BTW- Why don't you stop trolling and actual join in the OP of this thread instead of sharp shooting?

Hail;)

The Bucs do not have a good QB on their roster, it's not hard to understand.

Freeman is a rookie. He is expected to suck, and he has for the most part. And yet he is still better than Johnson. Leftwich was benched because he sucked, and yet he was also better than Johnson. For some reason you want the worst QB off of a bad roster.

You made Josh Johnson one of the focal points of your OP, and now I'm discussing him and how bad he is. Do not accuse me of trolling just because I disagree with you.

Archived