Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins 2010 QB Competition who's in?

darrelgreenie

The Panthers are paying Jake Delhomme 13 mill a year and they are going to sign Matt Moore?

That sounds like Redskins money, which I know they dont make.

there has to be a way they can cut him. theres no way they want delhomme playing next year after how badly he played this year, and how solid moore is playing right now.

Probably need to sweeten the pot for Cutler so add CP, Cooley or Davis to the #5 and Jason.

You are joking right? If not you haven't been watching Cutler play all season besides on Monday.

Which is why I believe Cutler can be had for two second round picks, this years, and next years.

At worse we may have to throw in JC to make the deal happen.

I think Cutler would be a much better QB next year with Shanahan, then this year with the Bears.

You said all of the Bucs QBs were bad last year, because they are a bad team with no direction.

I meant this season with Lefty, Johnson and Freeman.

Freeman is a rookie. He is expected to suck, and he has for the most part. And yet he is still better than Johnson. Leftwich was benched because he sucked, and yet he was also better than Johnson. For some reason you want the worst QB off of a bad roster.

You made Josh Johnson one of the focal points of your OP, and now I'm discussing him and how bad he is. Do not accuse me of trolling just because I disagree with you.

I don't have a problem that you disagree but with the manner in which post.

Such and such sucks.

Imo that is the post of a troll.

I'm sure you can come with more accurate statements then such and such sucks.

You could say Josh Johnson didn't put up good numbers in his limited opportunity.

You could say that Johnson put up slighty worse stats then any Buc QBs last year, (keeping in mind that all the Buc QBs put up bad numbers)

A person could conclude that since all 3 QBs on the Bucs put up bad numbers maybe playing QB for the Buc was a bad situation?

And further because the QBs put up bad numbers doesn't mean that they're bad QBs in general plenty of QBs put up bad numbers when they're in bad situations especially when they're young QBs like Johnson and Freeman.

But yeah they all suck.

Brilliant.

What QB would you like to see brought in for competition?

Which is why I believe Cutler can be had for two second round picks, this years, and next years.

I think Cutler would be a much better QB next year with Shanahan, then this year with the Bears.

theres no way the bears would do that. they gave up so much to get him, then signed him to an extension through 2013, they wouldnt just trade him for some 2nd rounders. theyd essentially have traded multiple 1st round picks for one bad year of a potential franchise QB then turned around and recoupled way less.

cutler wont be here.

theres no way the bears would do that. they gave up so much to get him, then signed him to an extension through 2013, they wouldnt just trade him for some 2nd rounders. theyd essentially have traded multiple 1st round picks for one bad year of a potential franchise QB then turned around and recoupled way less.

cutler wont be here.

New coaching staff, uncapped year. They can dump him and not look back.

The 5th pick in the draft would be enough.

Ideal scenario would be to package picks and players for Cutler and Briggs.

Best guess right now is

JC - stop gap

CB5 #2

Bradford #3

This is the most likely scenario IMO too. And keeping Campbell is a big "if" for sure.

josh johnson looked awful this season in the 2 games i saw of him. just another QB with some speed who cant throw and is inaccurate. its why he was a 5th rounder and why he'll probably get released or traded.

Yeah I'm not sure what anyone sees in Josh Johnson. Everything I've seen from him, he looked atrocious.

Matt Moore or Brody Croyle.

Cut JC

Bring in one of those guys to Push Colt and keep TC just in case.

No to Brody Croyle. If people think JC can't make a positive play happen when the protection starts to break down. Croyle is just like that. He's not at all mobile due to multiple knee surgeries.
Matt Moore is going to be the starter in Carolina next year. He's shown a lot since Delhomme got hurt.

And behind a suspect offensive line missing both starting tackles.

I think the Panthers will keep Moore.

I don't see Croyle as an upgrade to Campbell though.

I wouldn't mind Croyle coming in as veteran back-up; he's played in a WCO and has started games before he would be a good insurance policy for the No.2 spot if Collins is gone and Colt is either gone or isn't ready.

cutler wont be here.

You have some valid points, but it could get interesting if the Bears decide to change GM's and HC.

And signing him to an extension doesnt really mean anything. Heck, Tampa Bay signed gruden and allen to an extension, then fired them the same year. So I dont hold much stock in extensions.

Maybe its a pipe dream, but maybe shanahan might really want him, who knows.

Cutler is having a worse year then JC.

If Cutler would be better with Shanny then wouldn't it be logical that Campbell would as well?

New coaching staff, uncapped year. They can dump him and not look back.

The 5th pick in the draft would be enough.

Ideal scenario would be to package picks and players for Cutler and Briggs.

No way in hell. They gave up to much for him to giveup on one bad season for little value. More likely, they will use their picks to build around him next few years. Cutler is 1 year remove from being a pro bowler. Bradford or Clausen would b lucky to get their anytime soon (3-4 years) or ever. Cutler is going to be n Chicago for another 2-3 years.

I just see Tebow as the better leader than all of the current college QBs. Just not sure if he's the right fit in our system.

We have a system? We don't even have a coach yet.

Cool beans.

I just don't see why a new regime would keep Todd Collins.

Nothing against Todd but a new regime will be looking towards the future.

I figured that since people have been clamoring for an open competition i thought people would have some names in mind for whom they would like to see brought in to compete.

I figured the QBs on the list all pose at least an equal if not greater for challenge Colt Brennan for the No.2 spot and push Jason for the starting spot.

I actually think that they will keep either one of TC or JC. They both won't be on the roster. There's a possibility that they'll let JC walk, and keep TC as the Vet stop gap.

If Cutler would be better with Shanny then wouldn't it be logical that Campbell would as well?

This is an unknown. There are so many things that go into it. The Bears personnel isn't terrific, and Cutler had been with Shanny for a couple of years.

campbell sucks, so he wont perform well with shannahan.

cutler has performed very well with shannahan in the past, so its more logical to assume that the two of them reunited would produce similar results.

I actually think that they will keep either one of TC or JC. They both won't be on the roster. There's a possibility that they'll let JC walk, and keep TC as the Vet stop gap.

Todd and Colt have contracts for next year Jason doesn't. CBA throws a wrench into that but doesn't change it totally.

I meant this season with Lefty, Johnson and Freeman.

I don't have a problem that you disagree but with the manner in which post.

Such and such sucks.

Imo that is the post of a troll.

I'm sure you can come with more accurate statements then such and such sucks.

You could say Josh Johnson didn't put up good numbers in his limited opportunity.

You could say that Johnson put up slighty worse stats then any Buc QBs last year, (keeping in mind that all the Buc QBs put up bad numbers)

A person could conclude that since all 3 QBs on the Bucs put up bad numbers maybe playing QB for the Buc was a bad situation?

And further because the QBs put up bad numbers doesn't mean that they're bad QBs in general plenty of QBs put up bad numbers when they're in bad situations especially when they're young QBs like Johnson and Freeman.

But yeah they all suck.

Brilliant.

What QB would you like to see brought in for competition?

QB competitions suck.

;)

No way in hell. They gave up to much for him to giveup on one bad season for little value. More likely, they will use their picks to build around him next few years. Cutler is 1 year remove from being a pro bowler. Bradford or Clausen would b lucky to get their anytime soon (3-4 years) or ever. Cutler is going to be n Chicago for another 2-3 years.

No way in hell Denver was going to trade their Pro Bowl QB thi stime last year either.

A new staff and the uncapped year change the standard dynamics.

No way in hell Denver was going to trade their Pro Bowl QB thi stime last year either.

A new staff and the uncapped year change the standard dynamics.

maybe for the 5th overall pick chicago would do that, and we'd have a cutler/shanny reuniting. that would be pretty sweet, the QB issue would be solved and we could focus on fixing the lines and drafting a new RB.

we'll have to wait and see, i just doubt this goes down. especially with the contract extension cutler just signed, and the 4 TDs he just threw against the vikings on prime time television, jerry angelo might want to keep him.

Yes it would be logical.

But Cutler's play when coached by shanahan would be superior to Campbells play if he were coached by shanahan.

how is it logical?

campbell has struggled under gibbs

campbell has struggled under saunders

campbell has struggled under zorn

yet "logic" tells you that campbell will play well under shannahan?

now flip that around.

cutler excelled under shannahan.

cutler struggled under lovie smith/ron turner

yet cutler is going to do worse than campbell under shannahan?

DGs mancrush for JC is getting to the point wheres he devoid of making any sense at all.

Archived