Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can Sherm Smith please BAN the WR screen pass?(&Other thoughts)

NoCalMike

At least until we run 10-15 plays on offense besides it?

I swear every time Campbell drops back and you see Santana Moss just standing there, two to three defenders on the Cowboys can basically take the play off and wait for Moss to catch the ball so he can be tackled.

Other plays that need consideration, delayed playaction draw.

Anyone care to add to the list?

I understand the O-line is horrible and they can't block a tissue right now, however how are we going to even score a single point when every possession it's

Run Up the Middle

WR Screen Pass

Attempted WR Screen Pass

?????

I know it might get Campbell killed, but we need to add maybe a FEW different looks at the Cowboys defense?

This is the Giants game all over again where the Giants defense knows exactly what is coming and is just sitting back in their lanes and waiting.

I have seen bad offenses before from the Redskins but this is downright UNWATCHABLE.

Which one? The one that went for 20+ yards down the field? Yeah, let's scratch that explosive play and let our line try to protect for three solid seconds and rely on a quarterback with the mechanics of a prep-school qb. Pissing and moaning about this is like telling a priest who has molested a choir boy that you don't like the hymns you've been singing in church lately.

Which one? The one that went for 20+ yards down the field? Yeah, let's scratch that explosive play and let our line try to protect for three solid seconds and rely on a quarterback with the mechanics of a prep-school qb. Pissing and moaning about this is like telling a priest who has molested a choir boy that you don't like the hymns you've been singing in church lately.

Oh come on that was a busted play that Moss made the most of. But sure we can keep on running it if you want.

Oops I didn't mean to make a seperate thread....my bad mods.

At least until we run 10-15 plays on offense besides it?

I swear every time Campbell drops back and you see Santana Moss just standing there, two to three defenders on the Cowboys can basically take the play off and wait for Moss to catch the ball so he can be tackled.

Other plays that need consideration, delayed playaction draw.

Anyone care to add to the list?

Telegraphed double move routes. Campbell's pump fake is garbage and DB's don't bite at all. Like others have said, all of our screens are pathetic and have basically no blocking. I also despise the slant we run when JC stares down the receiver almost before the snap, and then when its not there he freaks out and gets sacked for a loss of 27 yards.

I do like the bootleg that we run with Fred Davis/Cooley/Yoder, but we have no rhythm with our playcalling. Its like its scribbled on a post-it note.

He has no time to throw anything except quick screens. I don't think he got anything more than a 3 step drop in during the first half.

I will agree, but when he has time he will often step into the rush. He lacks pocket presence, which might be due to him getting beat down this year, but he gets happy feet waaaay to often.

I will agree' date=' but when he has time he will often step into the rush. He lacks pocket presence, which might be due to him getting beat down this year, but he gets happy feet waaaay to often.[/quote']

Wouldn't you do the same if you had gone through what he has the last 2 years? He's clearly scared and has no faith in his line, I really can't blame him for that either.

Wouldn't you do the same if you had gone through what he has the last 2 years? He's clearly scared and has no faith in his line, I really can't blame him for that either.

I'm not blaming him, but you can't have your QB with happy feet at the snap. He is going to continue to be scared even as we are developing a new O-line, so it appears that he will still take a beating, and still have happy feet, which leads to him stepping into the rush, grounding penalties, etc.

I like JC, he is a tough S.O.B. but he is scared, you can't play scared.

Archived