Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Tiger Woods' wife Elin Nordegren wants the kids and 'half his fortune'

heyholetsgogrant

Again, simply pointing out that Tiger has more money and God doesn't explain why Elin also deserves to have more money than God, simply by virtue of being married to him in a state that declares a 50/50 split to be the result of a divorce, rather than being married in a state that would allow him to keep most of the World's Greatest Golfer money. If she had been married in one of the latter states, would his cheating somehow have been less damaging?

I'd like to point out that being able to knock a little ball into the ground with a stick doesn't explain why Tiger deserves more money than God either. I hope you aren't gnashing your teeth because you've only just now discovered life is unfair.

JMS is right. A family is not just a collection of people. It a single unit. Marriage isn't about 'this is mine and that's yours.' It's about 'this is ours.'

Only one person in Tiger's marriage doesn't respect that, and that's Tiger.

And before anyone labels me a sexist, I understand many times these laws are needed for justice, but what about the times the wife leaves the husband and takes the kids? Or some dude gets dumped by his girlfriend and she takes the kids? Dudes get ****ing screwed because they aren't allowed to act naturally.

It doesn't matter what the system is. Some people will always try and find a way to exploit it. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a system.

For every woman who tries to work the system to get more money out of a man, there is a man finding a loophole in order to get away with not supporting his kids.

Some people are just jerks.

I wouldn't put Tiger's wife in that category. He's been cheating on her with dozens of women. Some people actually do think that's a big deal.

It doesn't matter what the system is. Some people will always try and find a way to exploit it. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a system.

For every woman who tries to work the system to get more money out of a man, there is a man finding a loophole in order to get away with not supporting his kids.

Some people are just jerks.

I wouldn't put Tiger's wife in that category. He's been cheating on her with dozens of women. Some people actually do think that's a big deal.

I understand and I'm not saying that what Tiger did was not wrong and everyone knows what divorce could possibly mean.

But the fact is, our current system favors the wife or mother by a large factor. When the male is not at fault, he does not get nearly as much as the female. It's an inequality. Just look at child support laws

I understand and I'm not saying that what Tiger did was not wrong and everyone knows what divorce could possibly mean.

But the fact is, our current system favors the wife or mother by a large factor. When the male is not at fault, he does not get nearly as much as the female. It's an inequality. Just look at child support laws

That's because our current system pays more money to men.

How much money did the world's top woman golfer make this year?

Tiger is a lying, cheating, self-absorbed scumbag. Period. He just happens to be great at golf.

Face it, folks, the 'Tiger Woods' that was in the public was just a disguise to prevent anyone from seeing the truth about him. His public persona is no different than any role at movie actor plays.

Noone knows that his wife knew about his cheating (it appears that pretty much noone else knew, either). What we are finding out is that Tiger went to extraordinary means to keep his image clean. He reportedly hooked up with one chick when his dad was dying, had an appointment to meet another in Vegas the week his first child was born, and had more that a dozen chicks, many for years, during his marriage. That makes him a complete dirt-bag in my book. We also are finding out that he doesn't care at all about his kids and may be a drug addict as well.

I hope he NEVER plays golf again, or if he does, that he gets heckled relentlessly. Screw him, he brought this all on himself. If he wanted to act single, then he should have stayed single. Instead, he got married, had kids, and then completely embarassed his wife and ruined his family. No amount of money can make up for the fact that two kids won't know their father, well other than as a POS and someone on the golf course.

Let me add here that I'm not necessarily agreeing that she should get half his money, but I think a lot of people in this thread are going way overboard with the anger. Calling her a **** and '**** her' and whatnot.

This is all, completely, 100% Tiger's fault. All of it.

And yet I have not heard nearly as much anger pointed his way. Why is that?

Let me add here that I'm not necessarily agreeing that she should get half his money, but I think a lot of people in this thread are going way overboard with the anger. Calling her a **** and '**** her' and whatnot.

This is all, completely, 100% Tiger's fault. All of it.

And yet I have not heard nearly as much anger pointed his way. Why is that?

Probably because we are mammals but aren't allowed to act that way.

Civilization comes at a price I'm afraid. Did you know that you wouldn't be here without the male's desire to spread his seed?

Just saying.

And this thread is reason # 56,203 to never get married.

If you wife sleeps with someone, she gets half of everything you own.

If you sleep with someone, she gets half of everything you own.

The stupidity of men, (or wealthy women) getting marrried is just insane. What a scam job.

Probably because we are mammals but aren't allowed to act that way.

Civilization comes at a price I'm afraid. Did you know that you wouldn't be here without the male's desire to spread his seed?

Just saying.

Human nature justifies blaming the wife for taking action after being cheated on more than the man doing the cheating?

Yeah, damn that system that favors women. :doh:

And this thread is reason # 56,203 to never get married.

If you wife sleeps with someone, she gets half of everything you own.

If you sleep with someone, she gets half of everything you own.

The stupidity of men getting marrried is just insane. What a scam job.

:doh:

:doh:

Seriously Henry, I can't believe how many people are so stupid, as to have fallen into the marriage trap.

Be life partners. Be monogamous. Have children. Be loyal.

But get married? So you can lose everything financially?:hysterical:

Stupidity knows no bounds. It is hysterical.

Seriously Henry, I can't believe how many people are so stupid, as to have fallen into the marriage trap.

Be life partners. Be monogamous. Have children. Be loyal.

But get married? So you can lose everything financially?:hysterical:

Stupidity knows no bounds. It is hysterical.

Again more advice from the man who's never been married and considers financial gain the ultimate goal in life.

After reading some of the responses, and I'm going to say this. She should not get half. I'm sorry. That is ludicrous. Half, seriously. Maybe 10% or 20%, but not half. If she gets 10 or 20%, she should get 5%(if 10%) or 10%(if 20%), and the other percentage goes to the kids in a trust fund. I'm sorry, half is ridiculous. Yeah he ****ed up and did what he did, but tearing a man down like that is wrong.

Again more advice from the man who's never been married and considers financial gain the ultimate goal in life.

Not the ultimate goal at all. I have never said that.

Have kids. Raise them. Find that perfect woman, and stay monogamous. Find joy for the rest of your life.

None of that has anything to do with the actual act of getting married. With that piece of paper.

You act as if you can't have everything above, without getting married.:doh:

What a scam job.

Not the ultimate goal at all. I have never said that.

You say it with every one of your posts.

Have kids. Raise them. Find that perfect woman, and stay monogamous. Find joy for the rest of your life.

You've never advocated that. You with your little lectures equating monogamy to watching the same movie every day for a five years. Don't start changing your tune now.

None of that has anything to do with the actual act of getting married. With that piece of paper.

You act as if you can't have everything above, without getting married.:doh:

No you can't. A spouse is not a roommate that you ****. A spouse is a member of your family, the closest member of your family. I realize that you don't know the difference, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

What a scam job.

Scam job for whom?

You say it with every one of your posts.

The legal act of getting married has nothing to do with happiness Henry.

You can raise a family, and be with one woman, without getting married.

And if marriage is supposed to remove doubts, and show commitment, then trust is obviously an issue, and those people shouldn't be getting married anyway.

There is no benefit to the actual act of getting married. And there are tons of downsides.

Awful risk/reward. Absolutely awful.

The legal act of getting married has nothing to do with happiness Henry.

And where did I say that?

All I've said is that marriage isn't stupid. I never said NOT getting married is stupid.

You're the one making declarations.

You can raise a family, and be with one woman, without getting married.

And if marriage is supposed to remove doubts, and show commitment, then trust is obviously an issue, and those people shouldn't be getting married anyway.

After all this time I don't expect you to get it.

I will say that things such as buying a house and having children can be as legally binding as marriage. So if you don't want to be tied down you'd better just run for the hills.

There is no benefit to the actual act of getting married. And there are tons of downsides.

Legally speaking there are benefits. You just personally probably don't think they're worth anything.

Archived