Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "I think Dan Snyder may be getting fooled by Mike Shanahan" Thread

SMOSS89

Dude if Snyder wants Shanny he is going to be here. I think it is pretty obvious that it is a done deal. If in fact Allen and Shanahan were being presented as a package deal in Buffalo, then I think it is pretty obvious.

I don't see a reason for Shanahan to "set up" the owner of the Redskins and I have heard multiple time that they a pretty good friends.

I don't think it's about not wanting to be here it's about money. I believe Shanny is trying to find the highest bidder but you can't blame him and it's a part of business and is normal. In the end I'm almost 99% sure we nab him. It's just business. Don't believe for a minute any other coach like Gruden, Dungy, Parcells wouldn't be doing the same thing regardless if we are the worst run team in the league. Danny boy is starting to wise up and pay big dollars for good FO personell and good coaches and not players. If Shanny ends up with a 70 million dolllar deal I willl applaud this move. Just think of all the money given to Haynesworth and he only plays 75% of the time that money could have been put to better use for O-linemen and getting better personell.

For the most part I agree with what you're saying,.....but here's the thing. Don't you think for a guy like Mike Shannahan -- proven head coach, two rings, been there done that, blah, blah, blah,..that the entirety of what he's stepping into would have to be factored in to his decision? Yes, money is a HUGE thing, but the state of the franchise, the players, FO personal, ower, potential for getting to the promised land the quickest, etc, etc has to be a consideration. In the end he's going to be dedicating enormous amounts of his time to coaching the team. He's gonna get paid regardless of wear he goes, a few million more is always better but walking into the situation you think is the best has gotta weigh in heavily too.

Interesting theory, and we have seen that the prevailing rumors circulating about our next head coach don't always turn true (see: Fassel, Jim; Zorn, Jim). Now FWIW, Allen has been quoted as saying he hasn't talked with Shanahan about coaching here yet, but I have to believe he's the lead candidate right now.

I don't think Shanahan is overly enamored with Cutler to the point of paying that necessary ransom it would take to bring him to Washington. (Campbell > Cutler, IMHO).

He'd be wise to keep all his options open with other teams, so he could be trying to raise his apparent worth. I've said before I think Shanahan is going to make $11-12M in 2010-12, which is great for him. And his new team would only have to pay the difference above the $7M Denver already owes him each of the next two years.

......... Now FWIW, Allen has been quoted as saying he hasn't talked with Shanahan about coaching here yet, .........

He didn't say that Dan hasn't talked to him though. It could also be because the choice has already been made and it was Shanahan that hired Allen. ;)

I would love to see cutler come to dc. Yeah, he had a bad year, but he is a great qb with a bright future in front of him.

Culter is a "great" qb??

So,...if Cutler is "great", what is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees? Super great,.....ultra great,.....really, really great?

Puleeeze,.....

Potential does not = great.

He's playing Danny Boy like a Bass Fiddle. IMO, I hope we look elsewhere. Maybe this is our own smokescreen. I hope Russ Grimm gets the job if Cowher is out. Grimm was a finalist to getting either the Chicago or Pittsburgh job last time. We need him back here in D.C. for a number of reasons. He may be a big part as to why the Cards have finally become respectful.

I love the speculation game, it's amazing.

This is what I think. After Zorn gets canned, and everything is in place, the coach will be Shanahan(a coach I don't care for too much).

2. He will not convince Allen to trade for Cutler, you know how much the Bears paid for him? We would have to trade at least the same amount of DP's to Chicago in order to acquire him, and I know for a fact, that's what the team is/was trying to avoid. If Allen likes Campbell and convinces to Shanahan that we will draft linemen this coming up draft year, and look for the future QB next draft year, I don't think Shanahan will have a problem with it.

But I don't think Snyder is getting fooled, because the writing is on wall for Shanahan to come here, and the talks have been ongoing since last off-season. We are just in a wait and see mode.

... It could also be because the choice has already been made and it was Shanahan that hired Allen. ;)
This thread is so full of dumb :pooh: it could be a political argument

Maybe it's a reach to think that Shanahan was really the chicken and that Allen was the egg, but this is a speculation thread to begin with. Barefoot's posture on this has as much chance of being right as anyone else's.

This thread is so full of dumb :pooh: it could be a political argument

Watch your step barefoot

61089116thedeepend_35169.jpg

Let's go back in time shall we,

Danny wanted Marty, after Marty said "no way" on ESPN, he was 'skins HC.

Danny wanted Spurrier, "I'm not leaving UF", Spurrier is named HC.

Danny wanted Gibbs, blinds sides the world and names JG as HC.

Now I'm speculating on my last post of Shanahan hiring Allen, but if you think about this organization under Snyder, and Snyder wants Shanahan, how in the hell can you say that this is full of **** and of the deep end??, really?? :cool:

Personally, if this is a big trick by Shanahan or if he just ends up going elsewhere, we're still way ahead of the game. No matter how it happened, Snyder hired Bruce Allen to run football operations and fired Vinny Cerrato. That in itself is monumental for this franchise.

If Shanahan goes to Dallas, Chicago, or the UFL...we can just sit back and let our new football mind figure out who to hire as the next coach.

Another point, Dan says that he is stepping back and giving control to Allen, who was named GM and VP, think about that, "VP". If Dan is stepping back, essentially no longer a practicing "president of football operations" why not make Allen President. Shanahan wants to be head of football operations, or "President". He's not gonna name Jerry Gray HC/President. Just seems like there's a high value vacany that just doesn't make sense unless that it has already been pre-determined who fills it. Pure speculation of course, I'm just piecing stuff and throwing what fits together.

Archived