Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official "I think Dan Snyder may be getting fooled by Mike Shanahan" Thread

SMOSS89

And the guy is a logical dumbass who got lucky after tons of fails. Dan Synder=toilet paper

How many "fails" have you had? How many times have you gotten it right? I'm just wondering. I mean, it's the internet, you could be a billionaire and I don't know it. But my guess is you haven't "gotten lucky" yet. So maybe you shouldn't be so critical of his business acumen.

How many "fails" have you had? How many times have you gotten it right? I'm just wondering. I mean, it's the internet, you could be a billionaire and I don't know it. But my guess is you haven't "gotten lucky" yet. So maybe you shouldn't be so critical of his business acumen.

I agree

Snyder has failed at making us a winning franchise, but some people go too far with the insults IMO.

I agree

Snyder has failed at making us a winning franchise, but some people go too far with the insults IMO.

Yep. He's been an asshat of an owner, but you can't seriously criticize his business skills. It doesn't matter how many times he failed before he hit it big. He hit it big. Almost no one does that.

We could be on the verge of total and complete meltdown. If Shanny is just using Danny for leverage, it will be the final straw.

Unabated revolt will ensue.

Although I still believe Shanahan is headed to DC, I truly doubt that we would have a meltdown. We have a GM now not named Vinny, and he would put a Personnel department in place and find us an up and coming coach. Don't underestimate the contacts that Bruce Allen has. This was a GREAT hire.

I don't think Shanny is playing Dan here, I firmly believe Shanny is coming here. He's not going to Dallas, and unless the McCaskey family wants to pay off Lovie for his remaining contract, there won't be an opening there. He already turned down Buffalo. Even if Holmgren fires Mangini, Shanny wants alot of control, so Cleveland isn't an option. So where would he go besides here?

If Shanahan does come here, then the Skins have a guy who will work with with Allen in buying the groceries and mold this team in his image. If they don't get Shanahan, Allen can conduct a thorough coaching search to find a guy who may be the next Andy Reid or Brad Childress. It's win-win in my mind.

Yep. He's been an asshat of an owner, but you can't seriously criticize his business skills. It doesn't matter how many times he failed before he hit it big. He hit it big. Almost no one does that.

+1

I don't care at all for how he has managed the Redskins, but I do think he has tried, in some weird sort of way, to do positive things for the team. At least he's willing to spend the big $$$ to get people here. Hiring Allen was a step in the right direction IMO.

I'm not sure Snyder would be embarrased, the only thing we've heard that he wants Mike Shanny is from "journalists"... which happen to have the lowest average SAT score of any profession.

So, wouldn't al lthe journalists be fooled? Perhaps Snyder has other plans anyway?

No, I play a lot of poker, so good luck (something you can't control) and making the best possible decisions are my goal. Its pretty apparent to me that Danny Boy sucks at both.

Because I don't think Shanahan really wants to come here. I think he is just using Snyder because he knows the Chicago job or the Dallas job may be open. According to reports earlier in the year, he wanted to go to a place where there was an established QB. Our QB is not as established and furthermore, guess who QBs in Chicago? His favorite QB.

I'm starting to think it is not a lock that Shanny comes here and is feigning interest in Washington to drive up the price from the teams he really wants. Something just smells fishy, IMO.

Thoughts? TK? Help me out?

I don't think it's about not wanting to be here it's about money. I believe Shanny is trying to find the highest bidder but you can't blame him and it's a part of business and is normal. In the end I'm almost 99% sure we nab him. It's just business. Don't believe for a minute any other coach like Gruden, Dungy, Parcells wouldn't be doing the same thing regardless if we are the worst run team in the league. Danny boy is starting to wise up and pay big dollars for good FO personell and good coaches and not players. If Shanny ends up with a 70 million dolllar deal I willl applaud this move. Just think of all the money given to Haynesworth and he only plays 75% of the time that money could have been put to better use for O-linemen and getting better personell.

I don't think it's about not wanting to be here it's about money. I believe Shanny is trying to find the highest bidder but you can't blame him and it's a part of business and is normal. In the end I'm almost 99% sure we nab him. It's just business. Don't believe for a minute any other coach like Gruden, Dungy, Parcells wouldn't be doing the same thing regardless if we are the worst run team in the league. Danny boy is starting to wise up and pay big dollars for good FO personell and good coaches and not players. If Shanny ends up with a 70 million dolllar deal I willl applaud this move. Just think of all the money given to Haynesworth and he only plays 75% of the time that money could have been put to better use for O-linemen and getting better personell.

I think Shanny knows that Danny will be the highest bidder, Danny isn't afraid to send the Brinks truck wherever he needs to to get a player or coach in here.

Archived