Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen in the coaches box: What do you think he wanted to say up there?

SkinsHokieFan

"Is that a soccer play?" "Someone needs to tell Landry what being a few steps ahead of the WR actually means."

"Hey Dan, when we have Zorn's 'you've just been fired' exit press conference with the media, why don't we invite Justin Tuck to come and knock the **** out of him at the podium, so he knows how it feels when you have no protection and no one is changing schemes to make sure you're still on your feet."

I have read that a lot on this board, but wouldn't it actually be the opposite? If I was a GM in his situation I would secretly be enjoying what happened last night. He has no hand in this disaster, but he gets to be the hero that cleans it up.

We hit rock bottom. You can't get any worse. We were destroyed on national television against a rival and had our stadium taken over by Giants fans. The expectations of this team are nothing right now. Most of us just want to be run professioanlly and be competitive as we completely rebuild.

That is a DREAM for a GM. Zero expectations. Owner willing to spend. And a completely broken fan base. He has a chance to be Joe Gibbs status in Redskins history if he can turn around this team.

He can rip everything apart and the fans will be supportive. There are very few players (2 or 3) that he probably could not cut without a negative backlash from the fans, but everyone else is vulnurable.

Imagine if we won out the rest of the season. Or even finished with 8 wins (winning one of those disasters early in the season). We end with so much hope for the future that this team, as built, can be successful. That my friends, it a nightmare for a new GM. The expectations would have been right back to where they were last off-season. We would have been expected to build on what was already here.

This blowout was perfect for Bruce Allen - now the fans will support any move he makes to rip apart this team as it is built.

Absolutely agree. IMO, this team may be in for 2 more blowouts given that they will be facing one potential playoff team and one that's already in. Patience is going to be key here. Allen has a lot of dead weight to get rid of and it's going to take some time to get this team to look like a perennial playoff team and eventual SB contender.

"Someone pass me a laptop. I need to find a circus tent big enough to fit over this stadium on ebay. We can pull out the "dream seats" to make room for the elephants. At least we'll never be accused of lying about what this actually is anymore."

I would definitely take Dallas' TE's over ours. I'd take Boss over Cooley and Davis (Davis at this point, hasn't played 1 whole year yet, still a lot to prove). Celek is a maybe. I may have gone too far with the TE's, but it's not like Cooley and Davis stand head and shoulders over the rest. I would put them at the bottom.

However, we really can't afford to get rid of Davis or our young receivers. They will all make great second stringers. We just don't have anyone that shows potential as a number 1 receiver.

Think about one thing; Cooley going to the Cowboys, Giants, or Eagles.

He would have far more td's, yards, and catches, I am SURE of that...

I have read that a lot on this board, but wouldn't it actually be the opposite? If I was a GM in his situation I would secretly be enjoying what happened last night. He has no hand in this disaster, but he gets to be the hero that cleans it up.

This blowout was perfect for Bruce Allen - now the fans will support any move he makes to rip apart this team as it is built.

Bingo - couldn't agree more...

Archived