Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen in the coaches box: What do you think he wanted to say up there?

SkinsHokieFan

While I agree with some points I would like you to consider this...do you give ***** to a chef and expect him to be excited about making an 8 course dinner?

He doesn't really have **** though. Its more like, hey here's our kitchen and our line cooks and our young head chef. We have some nice new products you can use to cook but our onions are way old and we're even using some we picked up from off the road... we have some fresh and powerful ingredients, some classics, and some staples and choices that are getting stale and unpopular. You can get rid of the equipment, any cooks and chef you want, and use the ingredients and throw away what you feel isn't worth keeping, I'll supply the money, I'm tired of this ****. Now you have dinner service to see what's up.

I'm just glad the guy was in the coaching box instead of the owners box. What a step in the right direction.

Great point.

He doesn't really have **** though. Its more like, hey here's our kitchen and our line cooks and our young head chef. We have some nice new products you can use to cook but our onions are way old and we're even using some we picked up from off the road... we have some fresh and powerful ingredients, some classics, and some staples and choices that are getting stale and unpopular. You can get rid of the equipment, any cooks and chef you want, and use the ingredients and throw away what you feel isn't worth keeping, I'll supply the money, I'm tired of this ****. Now you have dinner service to see what's up.

so hes Gorden Ramsey?

While I agree with some points I would like you to consider this...do you give ***** to a chef and expect him to be excited about making an 8 course dinner?

No one is expecting that. Allen could go 5-11 for the next two years and only hear mild rumblings at this point.

The Redskins have expansion team expectations at this point. All he has to do is exceed that.

so hes Gorden Ramsey?

I would love if he ended up being Gordon Ramsey, that's the kind of attitude this team needs right now.

You're kidding right?

Name one player on offense that is considered elite or top 5 in his position. We have *****.

So if a player is not elite or top 5 he is considered ****?

I'd say our receiving corps is decent and our TE position is good. If anything they can get rid of ARE and make it even better.

Our o-line is most definitely the bottom of the barrel, and our running back situation needs an overhaul too. JC I'll leave up to Allen to decide on. I don't really care for him anymore after that screen/interception.

I'd have to think he was inspired by Homer Simpson.

“Good game, guys. Now it’s time for the easiest part of any GM's job. The cuts. Although I wasn't able to cut everyone I wanted to, I have cut a lot of you. Tryon is cut. Mike Williams is cut. Heyer, you're gone. Rock, I like your hustle!

That's why it was so hard to cut you

Congratulations, the rest of you made the team!

Except you, you and you.”

So if a player is not elite or top 5 he is considered ****?

I'd say our receiving corps is decent and our TE position is good. If anything they can get rid of ARE and make it even better.

Our o-line is most definitely the bottom of the barrel, and our running back situation needs an overhaul too. JC I'll leave up to Allen to decide on. I don't really care for him anymore after that screen/interception.

Are you kidding me? We have the worst receiving core in the entire NFC East. On top of that, there are plenty of receiving cores that put ours to shame. Our TE's are average (although Davis is showing signs of potential), but we possibly have the worst TE's in the NFC East as well. The main reasons why our TE's are producing is because they are the ONLY option Campbell feels any confidence in throwing to. Our running backs are average at best. Our O-line is horrendous. Our quarterback would be a career second stringer in 75% of the teams in the league. The other 25% have career second stringers too. Is there anyone else?

And no, you don't need to be elite or top 5 in order to be considered good. But you at least have to be good. But you do need an elite or top 5 to be considered a contender in the league. We don't even have a top 10 player on offense.

"Wait, perchance my eyes doth decieveth me, thou hast requested the play of damnation and shame, And repetith this sin gainst all humanity post respite by our competition. By what witchcraft haft thou been entranced? By what visage of success doth strengthen thine hearts and embolden thou to call this GIMMICKY @@@@?" - Bruce Allen 12/21/09

:hysterical: Yoiks, and Awaaaay!

Are you kidding me? We have the worst receiving core in the entire NFC East. On top of that, there are plenty of receiving cores that put ours to shame. Our TE's are average (although Davis is showing signs of potential), but we possibly have the worst TE's in the NFC East as well. The main reasons why our TE's are producing is because they are the ONLY option Campbell feels any confidence in throwing to. Our running backs are average at best. Our O-line is horrendous. Our quarterback would be a career second stringer in 75% of the teams in the league. The other 25% have career second stringers too. Is there anyone else?

And no, you don't need to be elite or top 5 in order to be considered good. But you at least have to be good. But you do need an elite or top 5 to be considered a contender in the league. We don't even have a top 10 player on offense.

I see our receivers as decent, you see them as the worst in the NFCE, which is true because we definitely lack a go to guy. However, outside of ARE, it does not need an overhaul or much attention.

As for tight ends, you think Cooley/Davis/Yoder are worse than Jason Witten/Martellus Bennett, Kevin Boss/Darcy Johnson, and Brent Celek/whoever the Eagles have? Who would you rather have on the team? Sure Campbell checks to them a lot, but is that THEIR fault or Campbell making a read? I'd say Davis is now showing production more than potential. He has it in him to be a first string tight end on most teams, since by what you said, Campbell only feels comfortable throwing to him.

I agree about the rest. I'm just saying we don't need a complete overhaul and there ARE some signs of life on the offense, even though we don't have top-10 talent at all on the skill positions (No stable QB, no stable RB, no stable #1 WR) not to mention the line. That's why Bruce Allen is here.

I agree about the rest. I'm just saying we don't need a complete overhaul and there ARE some signs of life on the offense, even though we don't have top-10 talent at all on the skill positions (No stable QB, no stable RB, no stable #1 WR) not to mention the line. That's why Bruce Allen is here.

So aside from the offensive line, the QB, the RB, and the #1 WR position, we are good to go on offense.

That's encouraging.

So aside from the offensive line' date=' the QB, the RB, and the #1 WR position, we are good to go on offense.

That's encouraging.[/quote']

Haha I don't know why after everything this team has shown, I keep showing signs of optimism. A few bright spots still doesn't change the mess that is this offense. Allen needs Dr. House and Jack Bauer on his staff.

I see our receivers as decent, you see them as the worst in the NFCE, which is true because we definitely lack a go to guy. However, outside of ARE, it does not need an overhaul or much attention.

As for tight ends, you think Cooley/Davis/Yoder are worse than Jason Witten/Martellus Bennett, Kevin Boss/Darcy Johnson, and Brent Celek/whoever the Eagles have? Who would you rather have on the team? Sure Campbell checks to them a lot, but is that THEIR fault or Campbell making a read? I'd say Davis is now showing production more than potential. He has it in him to be a first string tight end on most teams, since by what you said, Campbell only feels comfortable throwing to him.

I would definitely take Dallas' TE's over ours. I'd take Boss over Cooley and Davis (Davis at this point, hasn't played 1 whole year yet, still a lot to prove). Celek is a maybe. I may have gone too far with the TE's, but it's not like Cooley and Davis stand head and shoulders over the rest. I would put them at the bottom.

However, we really can't afford to get rid of Davis or our young receivers. They will all make great second stringers. We just don't have anyone that shows potential as a number 1 receiver.

I would definitely take Dallas' TE's over ours. I'd take Boss over Cooley and Davis (Davis at this point, hasn't played 1 whole year yet, still a lot to prove).

You'd take Boss over Cooley and Davis? That's an idiotic opinion. We also very well might have a #1 WR if we had a line and a QB that could use them. Those throws downfield that Collins made just drove home the point that Jason is not a vertical threat. Sure, every blue moon he'll complete a longer pass but he's not consistent and he misses wide open guys.

We've spent the last several years with QBs who were totally incompetent and below average other than a brief spurt or two.

Witten is a better blocker than either of our TEs but I'd argue he's a less dynamic pass catcher than either Cooley or Davis. Davis doesn't have to "prove" anything, you can tell after several weeks what his talents are (receiving-wise.) Yoder is a good blocker and a decent receiver as well.

Our wideouts would be fine if we had a QB and offense that can get them the ball. Hell, Moss was totally shocked a bal came to him on a deep route. He's so unused to professional QB play, he didn't know how the ball got to him in stride, rather than 5 yards over his head.

The point is, when it comes to receivers, outside of TE we don't really know WHAT we have until we get credible QB play and adequate blocking. Even a rookie would show things like Stafford, even if he never puts it all together. Stafford may or may not develop but you can tell from his play that he throws downfield, uses his receivers and you can see the talent his receivers do or do not have.

I look at the Steelers and people really want to say that Santonio Holmes, an ancient cheap shot artist scumbag Ward, who spends most of his time limping or half-running around the field and Mike ___ WALLACE are an elite group?! LOL Please. Holmes is a nice player but he's far from an elite wideout.

Yet with that group, the Steelers won a title (and Miller is a good TE, but who else do they have to back him up--quick name him!)

There are a lot of people on this site that demonstrate time and again that they don't really know football. They're either so angry that they want to blow everything up and criticize the entire team or they are eager to defend a particular player (QB on this board) that they will diminish the talents and accomplishments of the entire team in order to defend this one player.

ESPN kept showing shots of an unhappy Bruce Allen in the coaches box

Any thoughts/ideas as to what he must have wanted to say

"Why are you trying that fake twice"

"Do you think it would help Jason to put him in the shotgun?"

"This is a top 10 defense?"

"Danny, You're Fired!"

Archived