Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny's D Coord.

TV aka TeeVeli aka BAMBAM30

So it looks like Shanahan is on his way to DC after the season is over.

Of course we're not 100% positive but I mean it looks like that's whats going to happen.

O-Coord = Kyle Shanahan/Kubiak (if fired)

D-Coord = ????

I heard from a Denver fan that ONE of the reasons Shanny got fired was the fact that he refused to fire his D-Coord Bob Slowick, and he said he may want to take him where ever he ends up, and we all know how that defense looked with him. :doh:

link - http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Shanahan-putting-coaching-staff-together.html

So it looks like Shanahan is on his way to DC after the season is over.

Of course we're not 100% positive but I mean it looks like that's whats going to happen.

O-Coord = Kyle Shanahan/Kubiak (if fired)

D-Coord = ????

I heard from a Denver fan that ONE of the reasons Shanny got fired was the fact that he refused to fire his D-Coord Bob Slowick, and he said he may want to take him where ever he ends up, and we all know how that defense looked with him. :doh:

link - http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Shanahan-putting-coaching-staff-together.html

well...I dont really see that as a bad thing,,,,for starters,,,Shanny gets to pick (which is better than the owner picking which could cause tension between the head coach and owner imo) I never really noticed if Denver had a ton of talent on D ...but we have invested some good money on our D...so who knows ...maybe Slowick has learned from his past mistakes and now gets a chance to coach a D with some talent. I say we wait and see than judge

This is what concerns me re Shanny as well. I think he will really help the offense but he was hamstrung the last few years in Denver by poor defense.

Part of it was focusing too much talent on offense and not enough on defense but some of it might have been scheme.

I have also read that Shanny and Slowick have been looking at the 3-4. We have excellent 4-3 personnel, I don't want to see them compromised by being shoehorned into a 3-4 scheme.

One of the biggest knocks about Denvers defense, to me, was a glaring innabiity to assemble an adequate dline. They spent countless millions in free agent signings and tons of draft picks, but it seemed like it didn't matter who they put in there; they were bound to fail. Perhaps having a revitalized Carter, young talent like orakpo and jarmon, as well as big Al for the next few years might hep alleviate those shortcomings a bit.. Stil, I'd rather not see Slowick here :)

well...I dont really see that as a bad thing,,,,for starters,,,Shanny gets to pick (which is better than the owner picking which could cause tension between the head coach and owner imo) I never really noticed if Denver had a ton of talent on D ...but we have invested some good money on our D...so who knows ...maybe Slowick has learned from his past mistakes and now gets a chance to coach a D with some talent. I say we wait and see than judge

Well they went from being one of the worst to one of the best defenses after Shanny and Slowick left, it was the coaching not the players.

Elvis Dumbervill who they played out of position is now leading the NFL in sacks.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

keep Blanche and company

it is broken though

the secondary is horrendous. nobody can tackle except fletcher. and they all celebrate after every play(some more than others) like they just won the superbowl

blatche is horrible and should definitely be replaced.

a good coach woulsnt let them get away with that crap.

it is broken though

the secondary is horrendous. nobody can tackle except fletcher. and they all celebrate after every play(some more than others) like they just won the superbowl

blatche is horrible and should definitely be replaced.

a good coach woulsnt let them get away with that crap.

I agree 100% with that..

Laron didn't act like he does now when Williams was here...shaking his head uncontrollably all hyped after making a stop for a 8 yard gain..makes me sick.

D coord wish list for Shanny is Mike Zimmer from the Bengals. If Slowik comes in here with him, he needs to stay with the DB's.

Just curious where you got that from? Is there a link or a connection you made?

Zimmer is a really good coach, IMO, I'd love it if he were brought in (assuming we're cleaning the cabinet) but I don't want to get excited unless there's something tangible.

I wasn't looking for someone else on Extremeskins that said the Skins want him (he didn't give any reference either), I meant is there actually any evidence?

I'd be much happier with Shan as our HC if we've got a good DC.

A couple of things you should know. First, some folks know more than others and if you hang out and read stuff, you'll figure out who they are. Second, nothing is definitive right now and Zimmer is strictly a "want".

Archived