Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CZAR: Shanahan probable, maybe John Fox

Andre The Giant

After the last few weeks, it doesn't look like anything's broke. Danny wants to fix it anyway with a major headline. That appears to be what is broke.

Thats how things were done in the old days.

You fixed the few problems you had,NOT wholesale changes like we always seem to have.

(cuurent situation pending ofcourse)

Its a shame Dan wasnt old enough to see that,maybe then things wouldnt be so bad for us.

No thanks. They benefited from a week division and huge talent at some key positions (Stephen Davis, Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, Julius Peppers, and when "Of the Home" was good). I think their not going to the playoffs MORE is because of his coaching rather than them making the playoffs being his coaching.

Last year their division was anything but weak.

The worst team in the division was the Saints at 8-8 and mostly because their defense was horrible.

John Fox, yeah.... old-skool football. Strong D# + a run run off. I like that idea.

:doh:

I think Fox is an excellent coach. He's taken his teams to the Super Bowl and NFC Championship. Would be a fine hire if Carolina decides to move on.

Fox would be a good choice. He's got tons of experience and has been cursed with a ****ty team for a few years now.

I heard Jay Glazzer mention this either on UnWise Mikes's or Lavars's show bascialy as an alternate to Shanny--but from what I heard it seemed more as a backup plan for HC. Personally, I think Fox is ok, but am not too impressed with him. He’s in his eighth season there and his Winning-lossing season mark is 3-3-1 (looking at his fourth losing this year if they don’t win out). I’d go for Zorn year 3 over Coach Fox.
As someone who watches a lot of Panthers football ( Brother is a diehard fan)' date=' the news of Fox being a coach on this team is the worst thing that could happen. John Fox is a horrible coach. I would rather have a non-existent coach(a.k.a. zorn) then a lame coach like John Fox. He is the reason that the Panthers have sucked the last few years. He is the reason Jake Delhome recieved an extension and single handedly handcuffed the franchise for years. Ask any panthers fan how they feel about John Fox, and they will tell you a story about a man who drafts players and plays them in the wrong positions, plays favorites, and continually uses the same game plan every game. Say no to John Fox.[/quote']

Ok, just when I was beginning to think none of my fellow Skins fans had a clue about Fox, you guys come to the rescue.:whew:

Bubble,

Correct me if im wrong but Fox's D's always seem to be mediocre from the games i see-- he also seems to like to give a lot of carries to Stewart of Williams who seems to be the better back to me (or is that the OC'S call)-- who do they blame (if not Dehlome himself) from going from franchise QB to Heath Shuler?

Bubble,

Correct me if im wrong but Fox's D's always seem to be mediocre from the games i see-- he also seems to like to give a lot of carries to Stewart of Williams who seems to be the better back to me (or is that the OC'S call)-- who do they blame (if not Dehlome himself) from going from franchise QB to Heath Shuler?

The scapegoat in Carolina used to be Dan Henning. Fans here couldn't stand the guy. He was blamed for their bouts of ineptness on offense. Of course now you see Henning wasn't the problem there. Plus its said that Fox is responsible for some of their coordinators leaving. He either wanted them gone, or they wanted to be out of their because of Fox. Its not really known. But its funny to me that Henning leaves there and has alot of success as Miami's OC.

To answer your question above. When you have a pair of RBs like that, you're gonna run the ball, mostly. So for that I don't blame him. But he's responsible for the Panthers giving Delhomme a 2 year deal this offseason, even though he was coming off a playoff game where he had 5 picks and a fumble. In a game they were heavily favored in, I might add. And some believe that Fox stuck with Delhomme as long as he did because he felt like if he was going down (getting fired at season's end) he was gonna go down with Jake, the guy he wanted re-signed. And of course there's the thinking that if Moore was inserted, and had success, that it would make Fox look all the more dumber, for not benching Jake earlier. Sorry for the long-winded reply. lol

I hope that if John Fox is considered, it's only as the defensive coordinator.

Same here, but don't hire your offensive and defensive coordinator before you hire your head coach. :doh: Let your head coach decide which assistant coaches to hire. John Fox should not be considered as a possible head coach.

Archived