Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CZAR: Shanahan probable, maybe John Fox

Andre The Giant

The big news in Washington was the hiring of GM Bruce Allen and the expected arrival next season of Mike Shanahan to replace Jim Zorn. With Jon Gruden contractually committed to ESPN, Allen, the former Bucs general manager, had been talking with Shanahan about teaming up. It should still happen. The only wild card is whether Carolina's John Fox is available.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Czar-Week-15-Countdown-122009

I heard Jay Glazzer mention this either on UnWise Mikes's or Lavars's show bascialy as an alternate to Shanny--but from what I heard it seemed more as a backup plan for HC. Personally, I think Fox is ok, but am not too impressed with him. He’s in his eighth season there and his Winning-lossing season mark is 3-3-1 (looking at his fourth losing this year if they don’t win out). I’d go for Zorn year 3 over Coach Fox.

As someone who watches a lot of Panthers football ( Brother is a diehard fan), the news of Fox being a coach on this team is the worst thing that could happen. John Fox is a horrible coach. I would rather have a non-existent coach(a.k.a. zorn) then a lame coach like John Fox. He is the reason that the Panthers have sucked the last few years. He is the reason Jake Delhome recieved an extension and single handedly handcuffed the franchise for years. Ask any panthers fan how they feel about John Fox, and they will tell you a story about a man who drafts players and plays them in the wrong positions, plays favorites, and continually uses the same game plan every game. Say no to John Fox.

I think Fox is an excellent coach. He's taken his teams to the Super Bowl and NFC Championship. Would be a fine hire if Carolina decides to move on.

Of course, I've liked the way Zorn has had the team playing the last few weeks.

Also, they revelled in a weak division. Saints have been a bad team since the begining of time. Falcons have been mediocre to bad with or without vick. The bucs were good for a while, then got old and are now back to the same old same old. Its easy to play in a division that you can walk to the playoffs. This is the NFC EAST. Its a whole different beast.

Just a thought—If Zorn’s firing is imminent (and it seems it is), what about Gary Kubiak as an alternative to Shanny. I know his record isn’t great (27-32 including this years 5-7 record), but the Texans have improved a lot since he took over for Dom Capers. Also, they have a mediocre roster and seem to be “in the hunt” for a majority of the season, and defense seems to be their problem. I don’t think Kubiak would be Shanny’s OC anywhere else because that job seems to be lined up for his son and Kubiak would probably jump at another HC oppertunity (especially with a good D and an owner who will spend money). Well?

Just a thought—If Zorn’s firing is imminent (and it seems it is), what about Gary Kubiak as an alternative to Shanny. I know his record isn’t great (27-32 including this years 5-7 record), but the Texans have improved a lot since he took over for Dom Capers. Also, they have a mediocre roster and seem to be “in the hunt” for a majority of the season, and defense seems to be their problem. I don’t think Kubiak would be Shanny’s OC anywhere else because that job seems to be lined up for his son and Kubiak would probably jump at another HC oppertunity (especially with a good D and an owner who will spend money). Well?

Or maby Shanhans son :D.......a father son battel in the NFC East would be nice. Dan then hopes for a Josh McDaniels type of impact :silly: :silly:

Or maby Shanhans son :D.......a father son battel in the NFC East would be nice. Dan then hopes for a Josh McDaniels type of impact :silly: :silly:

Wouldnt be bad but i dont see it happening for 2 reasons

1) Snyder will want a coach with experience after Zorn “failed” as an unproven inexperienced HC

2) He would be Shanny’s OC most likely which would allow him to work with his father

After the last few weeks, it doesn't look like anything's broke. Danny wants to fix it anyway with a major headline. That appears to be what is broke.

How many games have we won since things "stopped being broke?"

No thanks. They benefited from a week division and huge talent at some key positions (Stephen Davis, Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, Julius Peppers, and when "Of the Home" was good). I think their not going to the playoffs MORE is because of his coaching rather than them making the playoffs being his coaching.

I'd rather just keep Zorn for another season (with Sherm Lewis), IF we weren't going to hire a coach who's actually been successful.

After all, at least the players already know the offense, already want Zorn, and have shown improvement recently. I think I'll see flying pigs and monkeys before that happens, but I'm just saying.

I'd probably go for Del Rio before I'd go for Fox. Del Rio has had the exact opposite position as far as his team, division, and stuff like that. Even so, I hope Shanahan comes in (hopefully with Kyle as OC and future HC), if those are our choices.

Archived