Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Mort giving some Redskins/Sherm Lewis Love

bubba9497

Funny how before the MNF game vs the Eagles, Berman and the rest of the clowns were making fun of the Lewis hiring. Grant it a lot of us were pretty embarrassed as well, but there was no call for that.

LOL. Snyder ,Cerrato and Sherm ate shaking off the haters. We are now an average offense.

ESPN should apologize to the redskins.

Funny how before the MNF game vs the Eagles, Berman and the rest of the clowns were making fun of the Lewis hiring. Grant it a lot of us were pretty embarrassed as well, but there was no call for that.

I really agree with you. It was kinda strange how everyone jumped on the guy and our organization for it. I kinda laughed it off but it seemed like they were gonna start personally insulting the guy at anytime.

Mort giving some Redskins/Sherm Lewis Love on MNF Countdown

20091214-192652.jpg

also said the defense avg. played after Sherm's arrival were 7 spots higher than the first 6 weeks

of course the offense will improve. There is no book on sherm lewis with redskins players.

Zorn's offense looked good the first 8 games last year too.

of course the offense will improve. There is no book on sherm lewis with redskins players.

Dude, did your botox go wrong and now you're incapable of smiling?

EVERYTHING is wrong in your eyes. We just won less than 25 hours ago and you're still acting as if the world is on fire.

Going from 29th to 15th is a huge accomplishments. There are 17 other teams who would love to be in our position.

Im hoping they make this setup more orthodox but keep the same coaches in place for 1 more year. I really believe with a better rb and someone other than freaking Stephon Heyer at rt...we could be pretty damned exciting.

Especially if Zorn and Sherm Lewis have a full offseason together. You know they both have really good football minds. I think this offseason will be huge for us if everything stays in place.

Look at the difference he's made in 5 weeks.

thus the reason I don't elieve we should start over at QB. With the right play caller JC is a servicable QB. I would hate to start over with anew guy and him possibly be a bust.

I think you can still look at a QB maybe in the 2nd round. I'm not sold on Colt McCoy, but if he drops to our second rounder, and we spent a first on OL, maybe you take McCoy and plan to have him sit behind JC for a year or so.

EVERYTHING is wrong in your eyes. We just won less than 25 hours ago and you're still acting as if the world is on fire.

Going from 29th to 15th is a huge accomplishments. There are 17 other teams who would love to be in our position.

everything is wrong when you are 4-9. This is not glass half full vs glass half empty.

4-9 is bad to anyone.

No, he's either a troll or some sort of masochist

Except for the fact that:

A) Sherm is using the same plays

and

B) The offense has looked significantly better the past few weeks than it ever did in Zorn's first year.

Whatever the reason behind the turnaround (young players chipping in, JC playing better, O-line looking less shaky) it's hard to discount the fact that Sherm has taken over.

Not to take away any props from Mr. Lewis but could it also be possible that the players are executing better? Maybe that the replacement players are playing harder? I'm not saying that the play calling isn't possibly better but like I've said in the past, ultimately it's the players getting it done on the field.

Not to take away any props from Mr. Lewis but could it also be possible that the players are executing better? Maybe that the replacement players are playing harder? I'm not saying that the play calling isn't possibly better but like I've said in the past, ultimately it's the players getting it done on the field.

I think it is a combination of both. Lewis is calling plays well. He is using plays to set up other types of plays, etc. The playcalling isn't nearly as predictable as it was when Zorn was callint it. That said, the players have really stepped up as well. They're actually playing with fire and heart. I also don't think that it happened after CP got injured is a complete coincidence. Lots of factors.

It's about the offense. Stop trying to hijack with your usual crap.

the offense is better because there is no book on Sherm lewis with Zorns playbook.

The book comes out usually every 8 weeks. Teams start to catch on and then it becomes a series of adjustments.

Any rational football fan knows this. Just like a back up QB. When the back up QB comes in there is usually a spark because there is no book out on him with the current roster.

a lot of execution is being put in the position to preform

plays for JC to take quicker drops, roll out

Passing more in the red zone etc....

the offense is better because there is no book on Sherm lewis with Zorns playbook.

The book comes out usually every 8 weeks. Teams start to catch on and then it becomes a series of adjustments.

Any rational football fan knows this. Just like a back up QB. When the back up QB comes in there is usually a spark because there is no book out on him with the current roster.

1) Really? Because we're using completely different plays, right? We're going from more points to fewer as teams catch on, right?

2) Back-ups are better? Are you out of your mind? That is unbelievably rare because they're back-ups because they're not as good. If your logic were rational (funny that you used that word), then you'd realize that if that were true, then every team would have rotating quarterbacks.

3) Just be happy with how our offense is improving and stop crying.

I actually somewhat agree with this. It's similar to what happened last year. First few games everyone was praising Zorn's playcalling but eventually team's caught on and well that's how we've ended up with Sherm Lewis.

However, I don't believe Sherm is even close to as predictable as Zorn was. Half of our fan base knew what he was going to do in every situation, not the case with Sherm.

Maybe i'm wrong, but even when that book does come out i believe 100% that Sherm Lewis calling the plays will be much more effective than it was with Zorn calling them. :2cents:

Edit: Also, the fact that it's improving despite the enormous amount of back-ups playing says even more to his play calling abilities.

Archived