Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm still Pissed we didn't draft Michael Oher

Rhodus333

Well in fairness, Betts was putting up much better numbers than Portis had been before both were injured. CP is done. He should retire. He's nothing but an overpaid, under-preforming RB at this point. He doesn't help us win games anymore. I think his attitude problems, and his demand that he be given his carries, has caused a lot of issues with team chemistry in recent years. So yes, count me in for the Betts>CP.

LB yrds per carry 3.8 CP 4.0...CP hast the 3rd longest run in the NFL this year? CP was the 6th ranked NFL rusher before the injury:doh:

But Ladell was Better?.smh

LB 4carries for 6 yrds

RC 4 carries for 22 yrds same game(cowboys),same amount of carries!

I guess Rock is better than CP too? no Ganther? Week to week,Game to Game fans are trying to make this thread about CP? some how JC will sneak into this thread also:laugh:

Anyway,Rakpo was the Better Pick! Oher wouldn't Be ish HERE

LB yrds per carry 3.8 CP 4.0...CP hast the 3rd longest run in the NFL this year? CP was the 6th ranked NFL rusher before the injury:doh:

LB 4carries for 6 yrds

I guess Rock is better than CP too? no Ganther? Week to week,Game to Game fans are trying to make this thread about CP? some how JC will sneak into this thread also:laugh:

Cite your sources please. And while you're there look up the Redskins PPG with Portis starting vs that when Betts started. Our TEAM played better with Betts, and now with Rock too. Likely with Ganther as well. We will be better next season with this consortium sharing the carries than we would be with Portis trying to carry the ball 25 times per game. It just doesn't work for him anymore. He's too old in football years.

LB 4carries for 6 yrds

Meh.....I think CP's yardarge this season is kind of deceiving. I dont think there is any question our running game has looked better since he left the lineup. Which has also opened up the passing game.

No question CP has played his arse off since becoming a Redskin......love the guy for that......but its over, and time to move on.

Hes just not the same guy.....hes slow, and looks fairly unathletic at an old 28.

LB 4carries for 6 yrds

Portis averaged 60 yards a game this season, before the concussion.

With one whopping touchdown.

There isn't a team in the league who would start a RB getting 60 yards a game.

Only us. Which shows you how stupid our FO and coach are.

And over the last five years, scheme-wise, giving Portis the ball over and over was the single biggest contributing factor to giving us one of the worst offenses in the league.

Easily the worst decision ever made by Gibbs 2. Worse than Arch, worse than B Lloyd. Basing our offense around CP robbed this team of 5 years.

I would have been ok with this scenario, dropping back say 4 spots to 17 and taking Oher there. He was just not rated high enough to justify picking him at 13 regardless of need. I think the reason we didn't try that is because Orakpo was such a great value at 13.

-Excuse me I worded my posts incorrectly. I wanted the Redskins to first, draft Brian Orakpo, and then after Michael Oher fell as far as he did, trade back up into the 1st round to draft him.

Haven't seen the movie yet. Maybe when it comes out on dvd.

And yes, starting Portis the last few seasons, and stupidly believing that we could run only one back in today's league and win, is probably the single biggest mistake of the franchise over the last five years.

Portis should have been traded years ago for a lineman or a wr.

Epic fail. And the main reason for our bad teams since Gibbs 2 returned.

Youre right...What where we thinking keeping the Redskins All time leading Rusher? I bet most of you are PRAYING THAT CP doesn't get that chance to become Redskins all time:laugh: make sense- you have to Pray he dosent play fo the Skins again ,Because if he plays he gets the record.....Then that will show people how bad CP really was here:chair:

dumb contradiction!

Enough about CP, back to MO..Rakpo is better for our team!

Having originally read the book "The Blindside" years ago I've always been curious about how Oher would do. I've caught some of the Ravens games and have made sure to rewind the pass plays and see how Oher does in pass protection.

I've been blown away for how good he is as a rookie. His footwork and mobility are just incredible and he's one of the best pass blockers I think I've seen this year.

Youre right...What where we thinking keeping the Redskins All time leading Rusher? I bet most of you are PRAYING THAT CP doesn't get that chance to become Redskins all time:laugh: make sense- you have to Pray he dosent play fo the Skins again ,Because if he plays he gets the record.....Then that will show people how bad CP really was here:chair:

dumb contradiction!

Enough about CP, back to MO..Rakpo is better for our team!

It wouldn't have mattered if CP ran for 1,800 yards every single season.

We still would have had one of the worst offenses in the league.

Terrible decision-making to feature him, and stifle our offense for five years.

And Oher was the correct pick. We could have traded up to get another tweener later. Like the kid from FSU.

-Excuse me I worded my posts incorrectly. I wanted the Redskins to first, draft Brian Orakpo, and then after Michael Oher fell as far as he did, trade back up into the 1st round to draft him.

Ah that makes sense. I wondered if you meant that. I would have loved if we could have found a way to get both as well, though it would have been tough with no 2nd round pick.

Cite your sources please. And while you're there look up the Redskins PPG with Portis starting vs that when Betts started. Our TEAM played better with Betts, and now with Rock too. Likely with Ganther as well. We will be better next season with this consortium sharing the carries than we would be with Portis trying to carry the ball 25 times per game. It just doesn't work for him anymore. He's too old in football years.

CP 28years old.... LB 30+ years old? What school did you attend again? Did they have a math Class?:chair:

Only one thing to say...get over it:)

The trenches need to be addressed in almost every draft class. And yes, the OL needed to be addressed. But you can't ignore a top 5 talent that falls to you, especially when DE was an area of need.

Orakpo @ DE >>>>>>>>>> Oher @ T.

They could have drafted lineman in the past. So be upset about passing on OL in past draft classes where there were OL rated high enough to be drafted where they could have.

It wouldn't have mattered if CP ran for 1,800 yards every single season.

We still would have had one of the worst offenses in the league.

Terrible decision-making to feature him, and stifle our offense for five years.

And Oher was the correct pick. We could have traded up to get another tweener later. Like the kid from FSU.

I agree with you about the Offense thing,But Rakpo was the Best PLayer in the Draft...:evilg:

Having originally read the book "The Blindside" years ago I've always been curious about how Oher would do. I've caught some of the Ravens games and have made sure to rewind the pass plays and see how Oher does in pass protection.

I've been blown away for how good he is as a rookie. His footwork and mobility are just incredible and he's one of the best pass blockers I think I've seen this year.

He does seem pretty solid, but watching him specifically in the game against Green Bay, I'm confused how they're using him. He regularly lined up (at least in that game) at both ends of the line - right AND left tackle. I've never seen a team move a tackle around like that, and I couldn't find any pattern in it. Very odd. Anyone have any insight on what they're doing with him out there?

CP 28years old.... LB 30+ years old? What school did you attend again? Did they have a math Class?:chair:

Well apparently yours did not have a reading class bud, because I specifically said "football years." Meaning Betts has a lot more life left in him at RB, or at least did before the injury, than Portis does at this point. It's not really that hard dude.

Well apparently yours did not have a reading class bud, because I specifically said "football years." Meaning Betts has a lot more life left in him at RB, or at least did before the injury, than Portis does at this point. It's not really that hard dude.

BullCrap....I guess Will Perry...Is younger than all of are Backs with his 5 or 6 carries with the Bears :laugh::hysterical::laugh::hysterical:

Age is age :doh:

BullCrap....I guess Will Perry...Is younger than all of are Backs with his 5 or 6 carries with the Bears :laugh::hysterical::laugh::hysterical:

Age is age :doh:

You can't legitimately look at Portis running this year or any of the past 2-3 years and say that he's anywhere near as dangerous a back as he was in Denver. I'll give him one thing, he still plays hard and still wants to win. He still has not accepted, though, that he can't do it by himself. Trying to carry the team on his shoulders year in and year out has probably cost him 3 years of playing time. Seriously, he wasn't even 100% healthy at the BEGINNING of the season. He's done.

Nice career for him and I appreciate his effort, but it's not worth it for the Skins to pay him as much as they do when they could have someone else do better for a fraction of the cost.

No team does that. When we discuss it here, we're talking about whether the EMPHASIS is on need or the BPA.

Yeah, well, the emphasis isn't some type of constant number either.

Do you think Durant Brooks was BPA?

If we are talking about early rounds only, again, Vinny himself stated BOTH need and BPA influenced him in the second round moves last year. How much for each? It's hard to say, but clearly need was a big factor. Hiding behind BPA to mask the fact that the OL was ignored seems like a cop-out given the quotes he's made, the fact that we got 3 new pass catchers, etc.

As you say, need is always a factor, it just matters on how much you emphasize it. The "need" for Fred Davis with a Pro Bowl TE on the roster was minimal. The idiocy of Vinny Cerrato was maximal.

Some of these moves can STILL work out in your favor if you're good at wheeling and dealing picks and players, because you've used your draft position to get a valuable player (who has value to other teams, even if he doesn't specifically have long-term value to yours). My confidence in our current FO regime in doing things like that and getting us value is also very low. We get fleeced in those deals more often than not. I am glad they weren't stupid enough to give in to Denver's stupid demands to pull off the Cutler deal.

You can't legitimately look at Portis running this year or any of the past 2-3 years and say that he's anywhere near as dangerous a back as he was in Denver. I'll give him one thing, he still plays hard and still wants to win. He still has not accepted, though, that he can't do it by himself. Trying to carry the team on his shoulders year in and year out has probably cost him 3 years of playing time. Seriously, he wasn't even 100% healthy at the BEGINNING of the season. He's done.

Nice career for him and I appreciate his effort, but it's not worth it for the Skins to pay him as much as they do when they could have someone else do better for a fraction of the cost.

I agree with that..But Saying GARBAGE R.BAcks like Rock,LB,are better is just emotion..I am not a CP lover ..I just hate when people say dumb **** like" we Cut CP and we get Become better next season?no.....or this crap "Without CP,or Cooley, we are a MUCH better team" HELL NO!:doh:

other than that, most of the stuff i agree with..he has lost a step,but who hasn't on our team?yes,CP is slower but is still is the fastest back on the team?smh..Same Back from Denver... no...But do we have a Denver Like Coached Team? do we have the Blocking scheme and ablity like DEN? NO!

Our D is doing a lot worse than our 'O', I guess some of you guys cant get over the fact that we blew earlier in the year. It has become our battle cry..."draft for offense!" Our O is lighting it up right now!

Very easy to second guess the draft anyway. On that note, we should have definitely traded up to get P. Manning!

He does seem pretty solid, but watching him specifically in the game against Green Bay, I'm confused how they're using him. He regularly lined up (at least in that game) at both ends of the line - right AND left tackle. I've never seen a team move a tackle around like that, and I couldn't find any pattern in it. Very odd. Anyone have any insight on what they're doing with him out there?

Ravens play some unbalanced line where the rt moves and plays on the left side of the LT and a tight end covers the vacated RT spot.

There isn't a team in the league who would start a RB getting 60 yards a game.

Only us. Which shows you how stupid our FO and coach are.

And over the last five years, scheme-wise, giving Portis the ball over and over was the single biggest contributing factor to giving us one of the worst offenses in the league.

Easily the worst decision ever made by Gibbs 2. Worse than Arch, worse than B Lloyd. Basing our offense around CP robbed this team of 5 years.

That is total crap. Plenty of teams have starting backs with less than 60 YPG. Also, it was you ****ing about CP's avg being below 4.0. Now that it isn't, it isn't good enough.

Your agenda is clear.

And CP is worse than Arch and BLoyd? :doh:

Seriously? :doh:

That is total crap. Plenty of teams have starting backs with less than 60 YPG. Also, it was you ****ing about CP's avg being below 4.0. Now that it isn't, it isn't good enough.

Your agenda is clear.

And CP is worse than Arch and BLoyd? :doh:

Seriously? :doh:

CP once was great. Not any more though...

CP once was great. Not any more though...

He is coming off an almost 1500 yard year. Was on pace for about another 1000 yarder.

He has been hurt all season. IMO he still has gas in the tank.

He may not be the same as he was, but to say he is washed up and LB is a step up is silly.

Archived