Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm still Pissed we didn't draft Michael Oher

Rhodus333

He is coming off an almost 1500 yard year. Was on pace for about another 1000 yarder.

He has been hurt all season. IMO he still has gas in the tank.

He may not be the same as he was, but to say he is washed up and LB is a step up is silly.

If I'm the coach, next year LB gets the nod. Portis is done.

Sorry, I liked the pick when we made it, and I still like it today. We got one of the best rookies playing the game right now. Next draft, if Suh is on the board, I'd take him as yet another defensive 1st round pick too. If you're going to use a high 1st round pick, then use it on the player that will help your team for years, not just the upcoming season.

Well, glad you aren't the coach.

And as far as the topic. I am VERY happy with the Orakpo pick. He will hopefully be a stud for us for a long time.

Yes, I would have wished they did SOMETHING to address the OL, but it is what it is. Very interested in what we do in the next draft.

Portis averaged 60 yards a game this season, before the concussion.

With one whopping touchdown.

There isn't a team in the league who would start a RB getting 60 yards a game.

Only us. Which shows you how stupid our FO and coach are.

And over the last five years, scheme-wise, giving Portis the ball over and over was the single biggest contributing factor to giving us one of the worst offenses in the league.

Easily the worst decision ever made by Gibbs 2. Worse than Arch, worse than B Lloyd. Basing our offense around CP robbed this team of 5 years.

Again with this old song...

I won't argue that, after the 2005 season, switching to a two back system where Portis got more rest and we had a speedy back to compliment Portis would have been good. And I also will agree that Portis has shown no life this year other than a few good runs. The offense looks more potent with him out of the lineup.

That said, it is absolutely asinine to say that the worst decision of Gibbs 2 was getting Portis. If not for Portis, we would not have made the playoff runs in 05 OR 07. He has been the face of this franchise and was a great player.

In your arguments against Portis, you sometimes make valid points. But it's when you cross the line into absurdist idiocy that people don't respect your opinion.

As to what my opinion is on the worst Gibbs 2 mistake, I'd have to say it was not drafting a single O-lineman with actual potential and relying on what we had. Gibbs did the opposite of what Parcells did - he tried to build a winner for a couple years rather than build a team that could compete for the long haul, and it is costing us now.

If anyone does not see that as Gibbs 2/Synderatto's worst mistake, and look at the product on the field... then I no longer have anything to say to them.

That said, it is absolutely asinine to say that the worst decision of Gibbs 2 was getting Portis. If not for Portis, we would not have made the playoff runs in 05 OR 07. He has been the face of this franchise and was a great player.

As to what my opinion is on the worst Gibbs 2 mistake, I'd have to say it was not drafting a single O-lineman with actual potential and relying on what we had. Gibbs did the opposite of what Parcells did - he tried to build a winner for a couple years rather than build a team that could compete for the long haul, and it is costing us now.

If anyone does not see that as Gibbs 2/Synderatto's worst mistake, and look at the product on the field... then I no longer have anything to say to them.

Adrian Peterson

Frank Gore

Larry Johnson

Clinton Portis

What do all of these "dominant runners" have in common?

None of them have taken their teams to anything. That is what they have in common.

The single biggest mistake of Gibbs 2, was believing in the stupidity that you could go far by feeding one running back. In our case, Portis. Total, absolute stupidity. He even admitted it was stupid, on the Jim Rome show after retirement.

B Lloyd was a bust. But we needed a WR. Arch was a bust, but we needed a player there too. I don't blame Gibbs for trying to fill in holes, and striking out on a player.

Where he does deserve blame, is in buying into the stupidity of CP as a whole. It didn't matter how many yards CP got--even 2,000 a year. We were never going to win anything with him.

CP goes out, and we have the best running attack, and most points we have had in years. That is no coincidence.

Now, I agree with you on the O-line debacle, and have been screaming that for years. But that isn't just a Gibbs thing. That is a Dan and Vinny problem too. Dan has never drafted o-line. Nor have any of his coaches. So I can't put that all on Gibbs. Some blame yes. All blame, no.

But Gibbs deserves 100% of the blame for the stupidity of Clinton Portis. It cost this team 5 years. Gibbs overvalued the importance of the value of a great runner. And in building an offense around Portis.

Chester Taylor is a great RB. Certainly good enough to get to a SB with. The Vikings, much smarter than us, realized AD was not enough to get them to the promised land. So they picked up Favre and Percy Harvin. And now they are on fire.

I love o-linemen. Had we traded Portis 3 years ago, we might have some great ones. Or we might have Boldin right now.

But nope, we have a broken down CP, his absurd contract, his calling out of players and coaches, and his piss poor work ethic.

Maybe we can convince someone to trade us a young starting tackle, or Boldin for CP, straight up now.:doh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Vinny might want to make you Head coach:laugh:

LB coming off a knee blowout is Better than CP:laugh:

AP only has 1,100+ yrds this season.:chair:.Portis would have had about 980 or 1,000 with the new play calling by S. Lewis..Every Back on our Team is getting Large Lanes to run through.Even the Biggest Portis Haters knows CP can run with a lane.....CP holds the 3rd longest run in the NFL this year :doh: CJ HAS THE OTHER TWO (90+)

I will reiterate, anytime you mention JC, or CP In a post, it becomes there Bashing thread :( smh...This Thread is about Oher or Rakpo:doh:

Well, glad you aren't the coach.

And as far as the topic. I am VERY happy with the Orakpo pick. He will hopefully be a stud for us for a long time.

Yes, I would have wished they did SOMETHING to address the OL, but it is what it is. Very interested in what we do in the next draft.

Yes, you should also be very glad I don't do your taxes, cut your hair or teach you how to dance.

Portis is a shot player. He will never be in another Probowl.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:Vinny might want to make you Head coach:laugh:

LB coming off a knee blowout is Better than CP:laugh:

AP only has 1,100+ yrds this season.:chair:.Portis would have had about 980 or 1,000 with the new play calling by S. Lewis..Every Back on our Team is getting Large Lanes to run through.Even the Biggest Portis Haters knows CP can run with a lane.....CP holds the 3rd longest run in the NFL this year :doh: CJ HAS THE OTHER TWO (90+)

I will reiterate, anytime you mention JC, or CP In a post, it becomes there Bashing thread :( smh...This Thread is about Oher or Rakpo:doh:

Portis will never recover from the pounding his body has taken.

He once was a great running back. Not anymore. I'm not a hater, I just don't believe in the advice you get from miss Cleo! :D

...when have I said anything about JC? I have actually come to his defense a lot around here.

If you want me to stick to the subject, why did you ask me an off topic question?

Adrian Peterson

Frank Gore

Larry Johnson

Clinton Portis

What do all of these "dominant runners" have in common?

None of them have taken their teams to anything. That is what they have in common.

There are just as many Running Back by committee that haven't done anything either. That is a horrible argument.

The single biggest mistake of Gibbs 2, was believing in the stupidity that you could go far by feeding one running back. In our case, Portis. Total, absolute stupidity. He even admitted it was stupid, on the Jim Rome show after retirement.

That is single biggest mistake, in YOUR opinion. I would have to go with some of the other posters here. You cannot pin not getting a SB on feeding the ball to Portis. That is just :doh:.

In my opinion, he did his part, the rest of the parts weren't/aren't there. You do realize you have to be good in the other areas to be successul?

B Lloyd was a bust. But we needed a WR. Arch was a bust, but we needed a player there too. I don't blame Gibbs for trying to fill in holes, and striking out on a player.

Where he does deserve blame, is in buying into the stupidity of CP as a whole. It didn't matter how many yards CP got--even 2,000 a year. We were never going to win anything with him.

CP goes out, and we have the best running attack, and most points we have had in years. That is no coincidence.

Having a hodge podge of an OL the entire year, starters going down. Finally getting some sort of stability there, and giving Buges time to work with them as a single unit, is also no coincidence. We also, haven't won jack without him yet either.

But Gibbs deserves 100% of the blame for the stupidity of Clinton Portis. It cost this team 5 years.

Once again, that is YOUR opinion. We all know your agenda, so anything that states 100% of the blame, and how it cost us 5 years, is a shining example of you wearing your LB Shades.

Chester Taylor is a great RB. Certainly good enough to get to a SB with. The Vikings, much smarter than us, realized AD was not enough to get them to the promised land. So they picked up Favre and Percy Harvin. And now they are on fire.

How ironic, you say Taylor is a great RB and good enough to get a SB with, yet they HAVEN'T! Your same argument should be placed on any "great" running back that hasn't gotten a SB for their team. They are just holding that team back, just like CP is apparently holding us back. I guess Barry Sanders was holding the Lions back. Imagine if they traded him for some OL. :doh:

I argue that CP was/is a great RB for us and good enough to get a SB... but we haven't.

Adrian Peterson

Frank Gore

Clinton Portis

LT

Barry Sanders

E.Dickerson

What team, or fan, would'nt want any of the RB on this list? No single RB can make you win a SB alone! This is MD5 and Danny's problem.It's a team sport!

Rock is running Better Than Ladell ...no coincidence ....It's called Play Calling and Blocking....:silly:

Ganther Starts next game:laugh: Mason looks Good on very few carries he got.

Every Back on are team will play well, just not CP?:hysterical:

Whats Next The Passing Game Is Much Better Without Cooley too?

Bad Play calling and coaching are both Cooley & Portis fault:doh:

I bet if Orakpo had a movie come out about his life the OP wouldn't be so upset. Media brainwashing at it's finest.

Why don't you give the OP some credit. Its a legitimate argument. Our OL has been consistantly ignored whlie the defense has been the focus of the FO despite being the far superior group on the field. Oher was the best tackle on the board at the time of the pick and many people would and still would like to have seen him picked, movie or not. That was a cheap-shot at the OP for no reason...at its finest.

Every Back on are team will play well, just not CP?:hysterical:

Bad Play calling and coaching are both Cooley & Portis fault:doh:

Now that you mention it... I actually think Davis is going to be even better than Cooooley.

How is Oher doing with Baltimore? I read somewhere earlier this season that he was having trouble in pass protection. Then, I think I heard about an injury.

I think you are thinking of Jared Gaither.

Oher is doing quite well for a rookie. He was a left tackle in college, started at right for the Ravens for 3 games, had to move to left for a couple of games when Jared Gaither was injured, and gave up about one sack during that time.

Dwight Freeney thinks very highly of Oher. He said that the last time he was up against a guy one on one was when he faced Ogden.

Oher struggled against Pittsburgh (he said it was the most physical game he'd ever played) and during the Green Bay game.

There are just as many Running Back by committee that haven't done anything either. That is a horrible argument.

Can either of you name one team that has won a SB in the last fifteen years with a RB that got over 1,500 yards?

Portis is so valuable. Certainly in the last 15 years, at least 10 of them must have had 1,500 yard rushers, right? It's so important.

How about Chris Johnson's team this year? Does it matter if he gets 2,000? Maurice Jones-Drew? He must be leading them to the SB.

How about all of those big years for Larry Johnson? Frank Gore? Those guys are beasts!!

Who cares? It doesn't mean crap.

The belief that we needed a 1,500 yard RB, as opposed to a well-balanced team with WRs and linemen, is what cost this franchise 5 years.

Portis will never recover from the pounding his body has taken.

I'm not a hater, I just don't believe in the advice you get from miss Cleo! :D

If you want me to stick to the subject, why did you ask me an off topic question?

I dunno,maybe BECAUSE YOU ARE ALREADY OFF TOPIC? (example). I will post your quote up about CP,then respond with "Rakpo is Better than Oher Polywog" That would make sense right?:doh:

you being off topic,Forces me to be off topic! Thats how most "Off TOPIC conversations"start in the world..It starts with One person(you)changing the subject then another person(me)responding to you changing the subject..

I highlighted your contradiction in red, am I the only one speaking with Ms Cleo?

No crystal ball with me,I have the Power of the dark side:saber:

Can either of you name one team that has won a SB in the last fifteen years with a RB that got over 1,500 yards?

Portis is so valuable. Certainly in the last 15 years, at least 10 of them must have had 1,500 yard rushers, right? It's so important.

How about Chris Johnson's team this year? Does it matter if he gets 2,000? Maurice Jones-Drew? He must be leading them to the SB.

How about all of those big years for Larry Johnson? Frank Gore? Those guys are beasts!!

Who cares? It doesn't mean crap.

The belief that we needed a 1,500 yard RB, as opposed to a well-balanced team with WRs and linemen, is what cost this franchise 5 years.

I think the powerbacks that ware down a D are more prone to help It's team win a championship. I could be wrong. Too much running and not enough big passing plays=8-8 team.

I can't complain about Orakpo. I think that he is a really good player, but the fact of the matter is this that the FO and ownership have failed to set a plan in motion and give this team an identity. Are we a phyiscal football team that can run the ball play defense and dominate the line of scrimmage? Are we a passing team that plays short pass controlling the ball.

Either way, we don't draft personnel that fits with one identity.We draft very helter skelter. Vinny is always taking the best player available. We took Landry at 6 in 07. I can't really complain about it, but the year prior we ink a guy who was supposedly the best sacking safety in the league to one of the richest contracts for a safety. Turns out we let Ryan Clark go in favor of Arch Deluxe and Arch becomes are punt protector and not being activated in games and Clark goes on to help Pittsburgh win a Super Bowl.

We could have had 2 Ryan Clarks for what it cost us to get Archuletta. Instead we wasted money on him to let him go for a late round pick and then we drafted a safety because we didn't do our homework and we thought that throwing money at a problem was going to solve our secondary ills.

Just one example of we don't do our homework and it costs us. Did the FO not realize that Randy Thomas, Pete Kendall, Jon Jansen, Casey Rabach and Chris Sammuels were on the decline in their careers? I mean how can you draft only one lineman in three years and fill in guys who were UFAs? I am not so mad that we didn't draft Oher, but this goes to show that our FO doesn't know what kind of team we are. We chase brand name players and stay loyal to unproductive or players who are just too old for far too long. We need FO to establish an identity and go from there. Not just drafting the best available players as they come down the pike because all this leads to is lacking depth and becoming deficient in other areas of the game.

I dunno,maybe BECAUSE YOU ARE ALREADY OFF TOPIC? (example). I will post your quote up about CP,then respond with "Rakpo is Better than Oher Polywog" That would make sense right?:doh:

you being off topic,Forces me to be off topic! Thats how most "Off TOPIC conversations"start in the world..It starts with One person(you)changing the subject then another person(me)responding to you changing the subject..

I highlighted your contradiction in red, am I the only one speaking with Ms Cleo?

No crystal ball with me,I have the Power of the dark side:saber:

Thanks, I can always count on you to get us back to football!

You have not talked about Oher in quite a while, and this is my fault?!?

Ganther Starts next game Mason looks Good on very few carries he got.

Every Back on are team will play well, just not CP?

Bad Play calling and coaching are both Cooley & Portis fault

I think Oher is somewhat over rated. I could be wrong.

Why don't you give the OP some credit. Its a legitimate argument. Our OL has been consistantly ignored whlie the defense has been the focus of the FO despite being the far superior group on the field. Oher was the best tackle on the board at the time of the pick and many people would and still would like to have seen him picked, movie or not. That was a cheap-shot at the OP for no reason...at its finest.

How is that a cheap shot? Oher has not proven himself worth a higher draft spot than what he was picked at. He has done nothing noteable at all this year. Not saying he isn't a decent lineman but he is far from being dominant at his spot. If a movie wouldn't have been made about him most football fans would have no idea who he was. If the thread title would have been something like "I'm still pissed we didn't draft a left tackle" that is a legitimate argument. I simply pointed out that Oher is overhyped due to his movie. A cheap shot would have been calling the OP "dumb" or something along those lines.

Let's not get carried away. Oher was a great option. Buy Orakpo was a better option.

If you really want to get angry, imagine being a Bills fan. You draft a lightweight speed rusher who is built like other failures in the NFL. Not only that, but they picked him over Orakpo! Maybin wouldn't even bench warm here. And their OL troubles are just as bad as ours. So while we at least got Rak, the Bills got nothing at all.

Thanks, I can always count on you to get us back to football!

You have not talked about Oher in quite a while, and this is my fault?!?

I think Oher is somewhat over rated. I could be wrong.

DO I have to explain the "Off topic" theory for you again?

If you go check my OP,you will read where i have said "this will turn into a CP thread" And it Has! ms Cleo?

It's the power of the dark side:saber:

Archived