Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth #7 on FOX Sports Biggest NFL Rip-Offs

FinalBeast

I know the season isn't over yet, but with the way things have already gone with Haynesworth, he already smells like Dana Stubblefield Part II to me.

Maybe Stubby 1/2, meaning Stubblefield had 15 sacks the year b4 we signed him. Albert only had 8.5 :hysterical:

I'd take Haynesworth's contract over Portis' contract any day of the week.

Am I the only one that has seen our 3rd/4th and short defense become dominant? How many times have we stopped someone on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1? It seems like it happens at least once a game and sometimes twice a game. Haynesworth is by far the best player on our team, no contest. If our offense was worth 21 points a game, he'd be off the list.

Based on the fact that the guy has played in only two divisional games. This team signed him be a force against McNabb, Manning, and Romo sits to pee. I could care less about his sack total. I am not expecting last year's numbers, but I am expecting him to be in there when it matters the most.

the guy plays hurt and when he's out, it's legit. Are you too dumb to see that? Just look at the Cowboys and Eagles games, he was out and they slashed us, zero pass rush. He's in vs. the Saints, good pass rush and we cost ourselves the game and got some bad calls.

Denial. Denial. Denial.

The problem is that when you sign a $100 million dollar contract or a 4 year $48 million one, you can never be good enough.

It may be sad, unfair, and unjustified, but unrealistic expectations are the reality of Haynesworth's contract.

I often worry that ES's membership is made up of a bunch of little girls always whining about what some other girl said in the hallway. Stop whining, get over it, and stop feeding the ES gossip column. It's more fun to root for Haynesworth than piss and moan about media gossip.

The problem is that when you sign a $100 million dollar contract or a 4 year $48 million one, you can never be good enough.

That is the problem. Why do we keep doing it?

I keep seeing people say that he is solid in the middle against the run, yet it seems like teams are running up the gut of our defense more than they did last year. Our rushing defense is worse than it was, and not all of it is from sweep plays.

We're paying him $48 mil to draw a double team on pass plays, and stop an occasional short yardage run when we stack the line. Makes it seem like Gregg Williams got a great deal on Griffin back in '04.

I don't think our fans really know what a rip-off is anymore, considering that we've seen the worst of the worst when it comes to the subject. I simply don't think the guy is worth the money that we paid for him.

Signing Haynesworth to the contract was not a value because we are 3-9. He has not been able to elevate the defense. We are not doing better as a defense, and when it matters we surrender the lead all the time. Plus, we have given away 100 yards to a lot of runners.

With that contract, he ought to be the differnce maker and while he is a good player. Right now, no difference has been made. We're a better team with him, but we are a loser team overall. It's like buying solid gold hubcaps for a Yugo. Sure they look nice, but ultimately what's the point?

It's not Al's fault that Landry has been a disaster this year and has missed tackles and has given up big plays left and right. He's made a huge difference in the pass rush, Carter & Rak have benefited greatly from him and the LB's as a whole are having great seasons because Al keeps alot of the OL off of them. Plus Blache has had to be conservative with his schemes because of the lackluster offense.

This is idiotic. Both Brandon Lloyd and Adam Archuleta alone were bigger rip-offs for the money we spent.

I don't get this. Sure, we over spent a bit (I just feel dirty thinking any football player deserves that kind of money, but that's a whole 'nother subject)... but rip off? And one of the biggest at that? Like I said, there are two other examples in our own recent history that fits better. Once again, bad sensational journalism here.

It's not Al's fault that...

Having a losing season is not Al's fault. Having a FO that overpays players for a quick fix is the problem. We are a losing team that paid this guy way more than he was worth to us.

If the Buc's won the bidding competition, do you think they would be a much better team?

I didn't like the big name signing and the huge contract, but Big Al has made a huge difference in the pass rush. Before, we always had to rely on our corners to maintain tight coverage because their QB had all the time in the world to pick apart our defense. The opponent always knew they could max protect and if a wideout wasn't open, dump it off.

With the signing of Big Al, it's made our DE's make more plays and our corner/safety blitzes more effective. The man is a beast, and despite injuries, he's still improved our defense. I'd take Big Al any day of the week, not only for his play but for the heart that he has every time he steps on the field.

I am not a huge fan of our free agent moves in general but I am not unhappy with Al. He was going to get that kind of money from someone. I read that the Giants were prepared to offer him 90+ million. He is probably the best in the league at his position, so would you rather him be playing for New York? Despite all the money, he still seems to have passion for the game and I really don't think he's dogging it. We do have other needs, but that is not his fault. He can only control what he does on the field, not who else we could have signed, and should be judged on that alone. He has made a huge impact, even though it's hard to measure in concrete numbers.

Plus I remember reading someone's story about him being really cool to their kid when no-one else was, and that makes me like him a little more :)

My first live game was the the Saints game. After seeing what Albert does when he's in from the different perspective... I can't ever hate on him even if he does go down 3-7 times a game. I mean, dude has one hand on each blockers chest and pushes em around like he's rearranging his living room.

My first live game was the the Saints game. After seeing what Albert does when he's in from the different perspective... I can't ever hate on him even if he does go down 3-7 times a game. I mean, dude has one hand on each blockers chest and pushes em around like he's rearranging his living room.

Hope you had fun at your first game, despite the loss. I still did after my first games last year (preseason vs JAX and regular season vs STL). I agree that Haynesworth does do a tremendous job and helps a lot for the pass rush. He's not a rip-off in that sense.

The problem is, our team is no more a contender with him than we were without him. We're 3-9 right now, facing a possible blow-up of the team. At the very least we need to rebuild the entire Oline. We should not have made the move to acquire a star player like AH unless we were in a position where he was going to put us over the top and help us win a Super Bowl. Now his salary is loading down the team and will adversely affect our attempts to turn the team around. What worse is that by the time we're in a position to be good again, he'll probably either be off the team or too old to be effective anymore. So he was essentially a wasted acquisition, unfortunately.

I'm sure he sold Danny a bunch of jerseys though.

I couldnt care less if Albert had ZERO sacks. Thats not what hes here to do. Its PAINFULLY obvious what he is allowing other guys on the line to do.

Which is why you just cant even give a crap about articles that come from fox sports, and bleacher report and garbage like that........they arent basing anything off substance what so ever.

I will say the guy is kind of a girly man out there. I mean who gets hurt like 5 times a game? My girlfriend always says......"Whats wrong with the fat guy now?" when I drag her to the bar...

I call BS on this article. We knew that he had injury issues when we signed him. The man is a force in the middle and is a reason that Carter is back to getting sacks. His motor does not stop unless he is out of gas and his bad ass attitude is refreshing to see on this team.

Is he overpaid, probably, but definately not a ripoff.

Hope you had fun at your first game, despite the loss. I still did after my first games last year (preseason vs JAX and regular season vs STL). I agree that Haynesworth does do a tremendous job and helps a lot for the pass rush. He's not a rip-off in that sense.

The problem is, our team is no more a contender with him than we were without him. We're 3-9 right now, facing a possible blow-up of the team. At the very least we need to rebuild the entire Oline. We should not have made the move to acquire a star player like AH unless we were in a position where he was going to put us over the top and help us win a Super Bowl. Now his salary is loading down the team and will adversely affect our attempts to turn the team around. What worse is that by the time we're in a position to be good again, he'll probably either be off the team or too old to be effective anymore. So he was essentially a wasted acquisition, unfortunately.

I'm sure he sold Danny a bunch of jerseys though.

One defensive player, no matter how much of a beast he is, can fix bad coaching and poor management.

I couldnt care less if Albert had ZERO sacks. Thats not what hes here to do. Its PAINFULLY obvious what he is allowing other guys on the line to do.

Which is why you just cant even give a crap about articles that come from fox sports, and bleacher report and garbage like that........they arent basing anything off substance what so ever.

Agreed. If you want to see ripoff just think back to the Jason Taylor debacle. Now that was a ripoff. Haynesworth does exactly what he was paid to do, draw double teams so our DE's can run wild and stuff the run up the middle. Big Al is a beast.

This list is good, only in theory. What was the Panther's record last year? There have been other QB's to choke in the playoffs just as bad. Peppers underachieving year could be due to the fact that he didn't want to play in Carolina another year. OK, AH is in his first year under a new defensive coordinator. Injuries aside, how do we know what we really have until next year when he's healthy, then judge. Is he worth 100M, probably not. Blame the contract on his agent and Snyder, not the player. He didn't negotiate it. Sage's worth is unknown and has nothing to do with this list. Was it his fault they signed Favre? As far as the rest of the list, yeah I can agree when you decide what a person's worth is based on their on-field performance. Are there not other players getting paid monster contracts that aren't performing?

Archived