Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth #7 on FOX Sports Biggest NFL Rip-Offs

FinalBeast

Click HERE for the full article

7. Washington DT Albert Haynesworth

Haynesworth is a dominating defensive lineman when healthy. But is he good enough to justify one of the largest free-agent contracts in league history? So far, no. That's why he makes this list. The Redskins have surrendered 118.6 rushing yards in the 10 games Haynesworth has played. He also has three sacks after notching a career-best 8.5 in 2008 with Tennessee. Haynesworth is a double-team magnet and may ultimately prove worth what is essentially a four-year, $48 million contract (it's widely reported as $100 million over seven years). But one has to wonder whether Redskins owner Daniel Snyder's money would have been better spent upgrading other areas, especially along a crumbling offensive line.

The writer is right that we could have upgraded other areas on the team if we had not signed him. Fans are getting tired of him each game coming off the field due to exhaustion or ankle injuries. During the offseason he needs to work out real hard every day. How many years are we stuck with his contract? He does take up plenty of space but when the other teams run wide he cannot help much. Orakpo can cover side to side but not Haynesworth.

I know the season isn't over yet, but with the way things have already gone with Haynesworth, he already smells like Dana Stubblefield Part II to me.

Based on what?

No one should have expected double digit sack numbers from him. However, he stops up the middle and allows us to do other things. We've got a better pass rush than we've had, definitely.

That's what he was brought here to do. His impact on the game isn't always going to show up in the stat line.

Based on what?

Based on the fact that the guy has played in only two divisional games. This team signed him be a force against McNabb, Manning, and Romo sits to pee. I could care less about his sack total. I am not expecting last year's numbers, but I am expecting him to be in there when it matters the most.

You knew the day he signed that contract that he was going to end up on these lists. All they look at is the $100 million figure and then look at his sack numbers. They don't watch games, just compares stats, and then make lists based on them. It's a good thing none of those lists means anything.

This.

Based on the fact that the guy has played in only one divisional game. This team signed him be a force against McNabb, Manning, and Romo sits to pee. I could care less about his sack total. I am not expecting last year's numbers, but I am expecting him to be in there when it matters the most.

I'm sure next time he'll make sure he doesn't almost break his freakin ankle. :doh:

Based on the fact that the guy has played in only two divisional games. This team signed him be a force against McNabb, Manning, and Romo sits to pee. I could care less about his sack total. I am not expecting last year's numbers, but I am expecting him to be in there when it matters the most.
It's unfortunate that your expectations of him were misplaced.

We signed him to improve our pass rush (which he did, tremendously), help stop the run (which he has, up the middle at least), and increase our overall defense.

Beating McNabb, Manning, and Romo sits to pee comes from better collective team effort than we've been getting from our offense and the rest of the defense (namely the secondary).

He's one of the best defensive players in the league and one of the very few DTs that require double teams on every snap he's in.

I'm sure next time he'll make sure he doesn't almost break his freakin ankle. :doh:

Hopefully, next time his ankle will be healed and hopefully we'll see him play this year against Dall@ss and the Giants. The author was right, $100 million was too much money for one player and it could have been spent wisely somewhere else.

When he's healthy and playing....does he make an impact? Yes....without a doubt.

BUT.......everybody KNEW what we were getting here. A guy who will play in maybe 2/3 of the regular season games.

It was REALLY bad timing to miss two division games. Beyond bad timing actually.

Could the money have been better spent? Without a doubt. Yes.

He's here...and that's that. I hope this offseason he finds some way to improve his conditioning.....and his health. I doubt it though. A man that big can't be doing his ankles any favors. Remember David Boston? His joints couldn't take his size....and that was from juicing....and it was a lot less weight than this guy.

Signing Haynesworth to the contract was not a value because we are 3-9. He has not been able to elevate the defense. We are not doing better as a defense, and when it matters we surrender the lead all the time. Plus, we have given away 100 yards to a lot of runners.

With that contract, he ought to be the differnce maker and while he is a good player. Right now, no difference has been made. We're a better team with him, but we are a loser team overall. It's like buying solid gold hubcaps for a Yugo. Sure they look nice, but ultimately what's the point?

Archived