Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth #7 on FOX Sports Biggest NFL Rip-Offs

FinalBeast

Based on what?

No one should have expected double digit sack numbers from him. However, he stops up the middle and allows us to do other things. We've got a better pass rush than we've had, definitely.

That's what he was brought here to do. His impact on the game isn't always going to show up in the stat line.

His impact on the game hasn't shown up in the wins column either because, yet again, this team chose to forget football is a TEAM sport, and having a couple of stars surrounded by scrubs won't get you wins, especially if your stars are old and injury-prone.

I have nothing against Haynesworth, and he's played well enough when he's in (which isn't often enough), but he's just taking up too much salary money for what impact he does have. That money would have been better spent providing depth at other areas, like the o-line.

Orakpo and Carter would have something to say about Al being a ripoff. I will agree that I am disappointed with how often he has been injured this year. I'm also not happy with him causing us to use an injury timeout last week and then coming right back out on to the field.

Carter Sorry ass maybe:laugh:

But Rakpo will be good on any other team in the NFL.Actually, Rak would probably have around 15 sacks right now if he was playing for another team:doh:

Ask Kyle Vanden Bosch what Haynesworth is worth.....13.5 sacks last season for Tenn....0 this year.

Anyone who pans this move is absolutely retarded and knows NOTHING about what collapsing the middle of the pocket does to an opposing team.

Look at our sack and turnover totals this season vs last. Whats the only difference between that team and this?

And dont say Orakpo (though he is beast) cause if he was on last years team he would be doubled EVERY passing down.

Not to mention that Haynesworth is young and has years ahead of him.

Carter Sorry ass maybe:laugh:

But Rakpo will be good on any other team in the NFL.Actually, Rak would probably have around 15 sacks right now if he was playing for another team:doh:

How many double teams has Orakpo split for sacks? Because he would be double teamed on ANY team he played on. Except ours because the Guard and Center HAVE to double (and sometime triple) Haynesworth

Haynesworth ensures one on one on the outside. Kyle Vanden Bosch. LOOK IT UP before just trashing our FO on the best move they have made in a LONG while.

How many double teams has Orakpo split for sacks? Because he would be double teamed on ANY team he played on. Except ours because the Guard and Center HAVE to double (and sometime triple) Haynesworth

Haynesworth ensures one on one on the outside. Kyle Vanden Bosch. LOOK IT UP before just trashing our FO on the best move they have made in a LONG while.

A better question would be HOW MANY GAMES HAS RAKPO STARTED & FINISHED AT THE DE POSITION?:laugh:

RAKPO was ,and still is,the BEST DE in the Draft!...Dbl Team Rakpo He will still get there.. HE is a Monster ,Are DC is just Outdated and overatted:chair: I love the AH move dumb ass...But in no way does AH make Rakpo..That is just Insane:doh:

A better question would be HOW MANY GAMES HAS RAKPO STARTED & FINISHED AT THE DE POSITION?:laugh:

RAKPO was ,and still is,the BEST DE in the Draft!...Dbl Team Rakpo He will still get there.. HE is a Monster ,Are DC is just Outdated and overatted:chair: I love the AH move dumb ass...But in no way does AH make Rakpo..That is just Insane:doh:

I think Orakpo is really good too, but to say that AH hasn't helped him is crazy. What has Orakpo done the last few games when AH has been banged up?

He is not a rip-off. Our rookie OLB has seven sacks and Carter has seven. It has brought our secondary to number one. He is not worth 100 million but when you have as much money as Snyder who cares. Why does it bother people how much money he is getting? Jealous? He is the best at his position and makes everyone better. How do you put a price tag on that?

This is soo simple...

Look at the sacks our DE's are getting this year compared to last year... case closed..

This is an overly simplistic argument. First, you are assuming AH is entirely responsible for this. You discount things such as schemes, the opponents we have faced this year, and the effect Orakpo has had on our pass rush.

Second, I know AH is an asset when it comes to the pass rush. But the issue is, was he worth the money we gave him when we had so many other needs, particularly on the oline? I say no.

He is not a rip-off. Our rookie OLB has seven sacks and Carter has seven. It has brought our secondary to number one. He is not worth 100 million but when you have as much money as Snyder who cares. Why does it bother people how much money he is getting? Jealous? He is the best at his position and makes everyone better. How do you put a price tag on that?

well i agree he wasn't a huge ripoff, but the money factor is important because of the salary cap, not because of snyder's pocketbook. because of the cap, picking up haynesworth means we can't fill other holes. (granted the cap's future is in doubt for next season)

anyway, i still think it was a great move. haynesworth's presence is the only thing keeping our defense from being the worst in the league. the downside is he might be inadvertantly responsible for us not firing the utterly incompetent greg blache at the end of the season.

This is an overly simplistic argument. First, you are assuming AH is entirely responsible for this. You discount things such as schemes, the opponents we have faced this year, and the effect Orakpo has had on our pass rush.

Second, I know AH is an asset when it comes to the pass rush. But the issue is, was he worth the money we gave him when we had so many other needs, particularly on the oline? I say no.

the d-line and its schemes are exactly the same as they were last year except for haynesworth. orakpo chasing tight ends around at linebacker hasn't had much impact. it's silly to act like haynesworth isn't the one big difference at d-line between this year and last.

I think Orakpo is really good too, but to say that AH hasn't helped him is crazy. What has Orakpo done the last few games when AH has been banged up?

Getting Pressure? Or am I missing the almost Sacks against Romo sits to pee...And DB:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dumb Argument ...Must i reiterate? I love The AH move...But lets say If AH gets hurt(sure this will never happen) are you saying that RAkpo will become a Bust? WTF!!

Rakpo could have gotten drafted by the Eagles and he would have 14 sacks or more the season

You Know Rakpo was the Highest Rated DE in the Draft...I guess Big AL deserves credit for his College years too? and the preseason this year:doh:

Lol 21forlyfe going on his weekly "Andre Carter sucks" rant. How many times do you have to be proven wrong by his performance on the field?

Right when has he proven me wrong? Can you even get a 7 round pick for him:laugh::laugh::laugh: I guess you konw what the rest of the NFL dosen't

Getting Pressure? Or am I missing the almost Sacks against Romo sits to pee...And DB:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dumb Argument ...Must i reiterate? I love The AH move...But lets say If AH gets hurt(sure this will never happen) are you saying that RAkpo will become a Bust? WTF!!

Rakpo could have gotten drafted by the Eagles and he would have 14 sacks or more the season

You Know Rakpo was the Highest Rated DE in the Draft...I guess Big AL deserves credit for his College years too? and the preseason this year:doh:

I'm not saying AH is the only reason Orakpo is producing, but he certainly is a big part of that. Orakpo has plenty of talent and is very good. But I doubt if you put him on a team with an average DL that he'd be as good as he is now. I'm sure he'll even tell you that having AH around has made life easier for him.

The problem with Haynesworth is that he is a part-time player.

He plays in 12 to 13 games a year and only 30 to 40 plays in those games. He is awesome on those plays' date=' but the question is, "Could the resources used to sign him be spent in better areas."

It's like buying a Porsche that you drive ten times a year.[/quote']

I have never seen a DT that plays every game and every play. It is impossible to do at that position. All DTs have injury problems and usually only play 2-3 downs a series. We would be getting that with any DT not just Haynesworth.

I'm not saying AH is the only reason Orakpo is producing, but he certainly is a big part of that. Orakpo has plenty of talent and is very good. But I doubt if you put him on a team with an average DL that he'd be as good as he is now. I'm sure he'll even tell you that having AH around has made life easier for him.

He would be Better!

1. he would be a FULLTIME DE! Not a DE 25% of the time out of a four plays ran

2.Did i say a Full time DE?.No time wasted learning a new position,formations,Wasting all that energy running around chasing RB's...PLaying in coverage running all the way down feild on passing plays..Rak Rushing everysingle down? Look,AH helps everyone on are defense...its Not Rocket Science!

But to say Rakpo will only be a good DE is with AH playing with him is stupid...No NFL Coach would ever think that!:chair:

He would be Better!

1. he would be a FULLTIME DE! Not a DE 25% of the time out of a fourplays ran

2 did i say a Full time DE..not wasting time learning new positions,formations,Wasting all that energy running around chasing RB's...PLaying in coverage running all the way down feild on passing plays...AH helps everyone on our defense...its Not Rocket Science!

But to say Rakpo will only be good with AH playing is stupid...No NFL Coach would ever think that!:chair:

I'm not saying he's only good because of AH, but playing with a DT that is constantly double teamed sure helps him. I agree his numbers would be better if he played DE full-time. I just think that having AH in the middle to take up blocks and bring pressure up the middle has helped Carter and Orakpo big time. Makes their jobs much easier. You can't deny that.

He would be Better!

1. he would be a FULLTIME DE! Not a DE 25% of the time out of a four plays ran

2.Did i say a Full time DE?.No time wasted learning a new position,formations,Wasting all that energy running around chasing RB's...PLaying in coverage running all the way down feild on passing plays..Rak Rushing everysingle down? Look,AH helps everyone on are defense...its Not Rocket Science!

But to say Rakpo will only be a good DE is with AH playing with him is stupid...No NFL Coach would ever think that!:chair:

Your ability to animate your posts is quite astonishing.

Orakpo is a liability against the run at DE. FACT.

Only 1 of Orakpo's sacks have come against a double team. FACT.

How many of Rak's sacks and pressures have come because the opposing QB cant step up in the pocket to avoid the outside speed rush?

How many sacks has he had while AH has been sidelined? No interior push means QB's step up.

I love Rak. Love him. But to think his apparent rookie dominance has nothing to do with interior D line play is football ignorant.

Either you evaluate based on the premise, or your don't. Has Haynesworth made our pass rush better, yes, is he worth the money we spent, time will tell. But he is not a bust, so how can he be a rip off. What about Eli? Is he the best Qb in the game? If Dan's intentions was to make every move the redskins make disected, then mission accomplished. I just hope he does not crumble under the critism. Clubs make free agent pick up all the time, but no one gets scrutinized like we do. Wow. Like Common said "this ain't 99, you can't go back". Wow, people swear every move we make is a mistake.

Archived