Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RadarOnline: Gatorade drops Tiger Woods

Toe Jam

Tiger did not lose this because of his personal issues. http://www.cnbc.com/id/34330134

Yes, thank you. I was watching CNBC when they covered the topic.

Critics might say that Gatorade is just reacting to the recent news, but industry trade Beverage Digest actually reported the discontinuation of the Gatorade Tiger Focus line on Nov. 25, two days before the accident occurred.

Yes, thank you. I was watching CNBC when they covered the topic.

Critics might say that Gatorade is just reacting to the recent news, but industry trade Beverage Digest actually reported the discontinuation of the Gatorade Tiger Focus line on Nov. 25, two days before the accident occurred.

It says that in the OP too.

Doesn't people have to believe it.:silly:

This is the one sponsor that should have kept him. Golfers don't need Gatorade, being that they are simply walking around and generally not even breaking a sweat unless it's a particularly hot day. What we now know Tiger was doing does require you to keep hydrated. :)

This is the one sponsor that should have kept him. Golfers don't need Gatorade, being that they are simply walking around and generally not even breaking a sweat unless it's a particularly hot day. What we now know Tiger was doing does require you to keep hydrated. :)

I see you've never played a 54-hole tournament in two days in the sweltering Houston heat. :)

I guess you can't blame them. Gatorade is a pretty entrenched brand and I didn't even associate Tiger with it. Good athletes (as sponsors) are a dime and dozen and arguably wtf does a golfer need with Gatorade?

BUT it's just as ludicrous for them to drop him. What's the thinking? You see someone drinking gatorade and from their stable of athletes you pick out Tiger? So Gatorade must lead to womanizing? Maybe the notoriety would've been good for the brand.

You are joking right? I never seen Brad Pitt taken to task for anything he did. He was seen as the sexiest man on earth by women. Maybe it's Tiger's teeth, but for some reason women and our society as a whole are not giving him a pass. As for Brad, he is endorsed by every magazine that puts his face on the cover. We condone his actions, but not Tiger's? What is really going on here?

And indisgretion can be interpreted in many ways. Plus what is this blonde hair witch part in this whole thing? She couldn't please her man? He should have never married that *****. This whole thing is a sucker's move. I swear america thinks that people do not see the truth behind these actions....it's good for one but not the other, huh?

Do you know anyone who looks up to actors?

better yet, do you know anyone who doesnt think actors are by and large shallow self centered people?

Who respects an actor in the way Tiger has been respected?

They don't hold the same positions with their fame. Kids DO look up to Tiger.

Don't make it into something it's not.

~Bang

I really haven't rooted for Tiger to win a golf tournament in a long time - I'm kind of an underdog guy. So having said that, I hope he wins the 2010 Masters by 14 strokes and gives the old 1 finger salute to all these vulturesque websites

As much as I don't condone anyone for cheating on their spouse - it really sucks - I dislike the TMZ's of the world even more. Leeching of someone else's greatness is nothing to be proud of, and I won't ever register a hit on their website.

Pretty soon, we'll have Inuit women from Greenland claiming to have slept with Tiger, and TMZ will report it as fact.

E-Dog,

TMZ reports it because none of the mainline sports outlets will report on it. I'm not sure ESPN has given any play to this story at all, good for them actually but I think it is something newsworthy for other outlets. Tiger Woods is beyond just a regular athlete. Not only is he "Mr. PGA" but he's also a racial barrier breaker.

Do you also boycott ESPN, NFL Network and other news outlets that many times have personality driven celebrities? Do you enjoy listening to sports talk radio? All of those outlets also "leech off of celebrities greatness". Heck, even Extremeskins can be considered a website that "leech's off the name of the Redskins".

Now of course I don't believe its that TMZ leech's off of celebrities you dislike, its the fact that they feed the idea of celebrities and people as freakshows or creatures whose purpose is to continually entertain us.... or they simply feed those who find celebrity lifestyles entertaining.

Do you know anyone who looks up to actors?

better yet, do you know anyone who doesnt think actors are by and large shallow self centered people?

Who respects an actor in the way Tiger has been respected?

They don't hold the same positions with their fame. Kids DO look up to Tiger.

Don't make it into something it's not.

~Bang

What kid looks up to Tiger Woods? I mean he plays golf. People look up to actors all the time. Shoot in all it's entertainment at heart. You are trying to tell me people didn't look up to John Wayne? People didn't look up to Arnold? It is what it is, and you know it. Why is Tiger singled out? And every man here that has cheated or thought about it needs to get a check up from the neck up. This whole country is a hypocrasy. Are you people serious with this role model ****? And half you busters probably cheated on your wife, and want a bad guy to point the finger at so you feel better, or more human.

Archived