Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When will "The Curse" be lifted?

Rypien1191

Don't forget about the three TD lead in the opener in 1999 against the Cowboys! Terrible! We should have won that game if not for a stupid snap from Dan Turk again! He would later blow one against the Bucs in the playoffs that year! That Cowboys loss was one of the worst that I can remember! Awful! UGHH! It still makes me mad!

Yeah what's really bad about the Dan Turk botch snaps....the one in Tampa I literally felt it just before it happened....No lie, just before the kick this thought ran accross my mind "what if we have a botch snap again"....I tried to get the thought out of my head and right after that commercial break it happened...still remember that. And of course we all know shortly after that Dan Turk passed away from a brain tumor...whole thing sucks!

Its all because of the team name and Helmet Logo. I'm telling you if you change the unis and get rid of that dumb Helmet caricature ... things will turn around in a hurry.

Yeah, it absolutely MURDERED us in 1983, 1987 and 1991. :doh:

(If your post was intended as sarcasm, which I certainly hope it was, it got past my internal filter).

When Snyder buys the Fugowe Tribe their own reservation and changes the name back to the Braves. Until then , medicine man will continue to send smoke signals to all the NFL refs so they will have clouded views when reviewing replay. Even voodoo worked yesterday as people were sticking pins in their Susiham doll. There is too much evil at the top right now. This team needs a total cleansing.

It's not so much a "curse" as it is a culture of losing that does predate Snyder buying the team. Changing the culture, IMO, involves changing fundamental aspects of this organization that have enabled them to lose. Stop letting players undermine the authority of the head coach. Stop with the sense of entitlement that some players believe they have. If the culture changes, then the "curse" can be lifted.

Last week of the season. I swear, if Zorn's ****ing Seahawk blood doesn't spill over into how he gameplans, etc against the Raiders and Chargers(hint, hint) and get this team to utterly destroy them, I want him gone. He should have personal pride as former Mr. Seahawk to kill those two former division rivals of the Seahawks.

Zorn should be gone regardless of how we do in those last two games, as well as, Campbell and suisham

when american indians get over the team name.

redskins aint derogatory. its uplifting, we are giving them publicity they have never before experienced in a positive light. they are the ones ****in and moaning about how its putting them down. no one would have noticed if they didnt bring it up... durr durrr :silly:

When it comes to cities with 4 professional sports teams no one can compete with us on the misery list. (And for once we can't blame all of it on Snyder.)

Cities that have gone the longest without a championship from either of their four major sports teams. (Team that won last championship in parentheses)

1t. Minneapolis/St. Paul - 17 years (Twins)

1t. Washington D.C. - 17 years (Redskins)

3. San Francisco - 14 years (49ers)

4. Atlanta - 13 years (Braves)

5. Dallas - 9 years (Stars)

6t. Denver - 7 years (Avalanche)

6t. Phoenix - 7 years (Diamondbacks)

8. Chicago - 3 years (White Sox)

9. Miami - 2 years (Heat)

10. New York - 1 year (Giants)

11t. Boston - 0 years (Celtics)

11t. Detroit - 0 years (Red Wings)

11t. Philadelphia - 0 years (Phillies)

Its all because of the team name and Helmet Logo. I'm telling you if you change the unis and get rid of that dumb Helmet caricature ... things will turn around in a hurry.

So how did our name or logo hurt us in the 80's? Oh that's right. It didn't. We were one of the few dynasties then.....

Archived