Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sunday night football: hines ward questions big ben's toughness

squatch66

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/34201104#34201104

what a douchebag. the guy practices all week and tells the coaches that he is good to go but the doctors wont clear him so that suddenly makes him a pansy? **** hines ward. big ben is the reason that hines ward won his first ring.

umm actually big ben was awful in the superbowl. Worst superbowl qb performance ever. You could have plugged in any qb and win the superbowl with that team in 06.

dude went 14-1 as a rookie, including winning the super bowl. i guess i want the skins to be "awful" ;)

big ben didnt go 14-1 steelers went 15-1. Big ben had very little to do with their success. The rb's touched the ball more then big ben did. Hes job was to hand the ball off and let the defense take over.

dude went 14-1 as a rookie, including winning the super bowl. i guess i want the skins to be "awful" ;)

He didn't win the superbowl as a rookie.

He went 14-1, they made it past the Jets in the divisional playoffs and fell to the Patriots 41-27 in the conference championship.

In 2005 he guided the Steelers to an 11-5 record, (9-3 regular season for Ben, 2-0 for Batch, 0-2 for Maddox), and thats when they beat the Seahawks 21-10. His 10/22 123 yards 0 TD, 2 INT passing performance was one of the worst of all time by a superbowl winning QB.

tmyk.jpg

Wow i had alot of respect for Ward before that, and i gave him the benifit of the doubt when he was named dirtiest player, but after watching that interview he came across as a jerk. Big Ben is the franchise QB has won 2 SB and is only getting better. Questioning him shows one thing, and that is jelousy.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/34201104#34201104

what a douchebag. the guy practices all week and tells the coaches that he is good to go but the doctors wont clear him so that suddenly makes him a pansy? **** hines ward. big ben is the reason that hines ward won his first ring.

Wasn't Ward the MVP of that Superbowl, while Ben had one of the worst performances of an sb winning qb ever?

It's wrong of Ward to blame Ben though. Ben knew how important that game was and if he said he cuoldn't play, he couldn't play.

I dont know if what Ward said was so wrong. To me he just came off as being honest. In his experience, when your hurt and you can still play, you suck it up and still play cause you never know when your gonna get that chance again.

I thought the same thing though. If Ben wasn't the starting QB, or if he had someone who he saw as a threat waiting for his chance sitting behind him. I would put money on him playing that game. Basically, if he thought that missing games would put his job on the line he would be out there. He didn't, so he didn't feel the need to play.

I'm starting to really dislike Hines Ward, and not just because of this. When the Steelers played the Chiefs at KC a couple weeks back, Ward scored a TD and then did a mocking tomahawk chop to the crowd with this gigantic smile on his face, like he was hot **** or something. Can't put my finger on it, but something about the look on his face at that moment made me want to punch him.

Then the Chiefs came back and won the game in OT. I thought that was hilarious.

I'm starting to really dislike Hines Ward, and not just because of this. When the Steelers played the Chiefs at KC a couple weeks back, Ward scored a TD and then did a mocking tomahawk chop to the crowd with this gigantic smile on his face, like he was hot **** or something. Can't put my finger on it, but something about the look on his face at that moment made me want to punch him.

Then the Chiefs came back and won the game in OT. I thought that was hilarious.

He's always rubbed me the wrong way...I think he's full of himself and a giant punk.

Am I the only one that took from that interview that Hines was just being honest about how many players lie about injuries and not specifically calling out Ben?

He mentions they are split on should he play or shouldn't he play, could possibly be taken as somewhat of a call out, but he's saying that only because Ben practiced all week. IMO, typical media making a story out of nothing. The whole calling out his toughness was only brought up Dan Patrick and Harrison.

Rodney Harrison and Tony Dungy are right. Concussions are no joke, and you can't just think of yourself as the football player in the present. You have to be willing to ask yourself how it will effect you 20+ years from now, as a father, a husband, etc. In the end, it's still only a game. But there's no price tag taht you can put on how dangerous concussions are to your health.

Archived