Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mentality Change

rumplestilskin

What gets me is if the current team that played yesterday and last week went up against Detroit or KC we would have smoked them. Why the improvement now? Considering our injuries we should be playing worse. Where was the effort and solid play when we we played crappy teams. I have supported Zorn even up untill last week but it just dawned on me that we need a new mentality. The defense is playoff ready. Get rid of guys who are not team players. CP that means you. You dont want to practice then take a walk. Carlos go make your mental mistakes somewhere else and bring your brick hands with you. Suisham I knew you were going to miss yesterday because true colors shine through under pressure, Bye. Zorn your a hell of nice guy but nice guys finish last, See ya. We need a coach with some balls. Shanahan has the rocks to "go for it on third down" I mean its freaking third down. Duh? Finally Vinny, I can safely say with full confidence and 100% support of all skins fans... you know where dinner is hanging.... go get some. In order to make a mentality change you are the central cog in all of this. After all you are a mental midget. So long Vinny. So long. Way to long. Enough is Enough.

Your a little late with all your sentiments, all that stuff people have been saying for weeks.

Yes I know but due to the fact Zorn had some of us fooled with a ballsy fake field goal last week. I thought he may demo some rocks for good. I guess not. Suisham hasn't been properly evaluated so I thought it worthy of a thread. He has lost as many games as he has won. Thats a mental thing because when the pressure is on he doesn't get it done. My redundency on CP, Rogers and Vinny is frustration seeping out.

This current crop of players has notoriously only started playing with fire and passion when their backs have been up against the wall.

I've seen it in 2005, 2007, and now for about 10 quarters this year...

Unfortunately you're right. That's what happens when you have a bunch of "me's" on the field and not a team. We could tell a difference in the team mentality when the young, hungry guys got in there and got a shot at it.

Zorn has been going for it on 4th down all season.

I do think we've become more aggressive on D because of our Offensive problems, which has been a good thing (the being more aggressive).

The change to me has come since Zorn was publicly seen to be on the edge and in danger of being pushed. Kind of remarkable really when you consider it's for a lame duck HC. Must be something there the players are seeing and I for one am looking forward to watching this season unfold on the field now too.

I'm all for more play time for Thomas, Kelly and Marko The Magnificent though. Best way to learn is by doing and they've all flashed enough talent to deserve more game time.

I am so sick of the same lame duck offense we've had for years now. Its easy to blame it on Suisham and certainly he deserves every bit of critisism he gets but the offense has been awful for a long time and we don't do anything about it. We can't even score 8 points. Anytime the defense holds a team to one touchdown you should win easy. Only the Skins can find a way to lose in that scenario. We need to get rid of everyone except for a few guys and start over.

...We need to get rid of everyone except for a few guys and start over.
This is absolutely incorrect. Because if we get rid of everybody and start over, we'll be right back where we are today.

You need to look beyond the players. You need to look beyond the coaches.

After ten years, how can that not be crystal clear???

This is absolutely incorrect. Because if we get rid of everybody and start over, we'll be right back where we are today.

Mark, I agree that it goes beyond the players, but it certainly includes the players as well, a good amount have been here for a nice chunk of the six years since Gibbs returned and revamped the team.

Hate to say it, but I'm a bit tired of a good number of the current players wearing the B&G right now. What have they really accomplished since 2004?

Sure, lets keep some young talent, but it wouldn't break my heart to see us part ways with a good number of the players from Gibbs 2.0.

Unfortunately there is nothing we about the owner unless someone has a ton of money they would like to get rid of. And I mean a ton. I was only refering to what could be changed. I don't see alot of guys giving thier all on gameday. I don't think JC is a good QB, Vinney is an awful GM, and Zorn is not a head coach. What I don't want to see is someone like Zorn come in and think we can keep the old regime and still win games. I think there are very few people who are worth keeping in this organization. My only prayer is the next coach takes the player personell decisions away from Snyder, like Gibbs did.

So why wouldn't he go for it on third down? Its not the CFL and there was time for at least an attempt.

Imagine if he had gone for it and something bad happened. He called the play the position our FO have put him in dictated.

Hence, blame Vinny :silly:

Unfortunately there is nothing we about the owner unless someone has a ton of money they would like to get rid of. And I mean a ton. I was only refering to what could be changed. I don't see alot of guys giving thier all on gameday. I don't think JC is a good QB, Vinney is an awful GM, and Zorn is not a head coach. What I don't want to see is someone like Zorn come in and think we can keep the old regime and still win games. I think there are very few people who are worth keeping in this organization. My only prayer is the next coach takes the player personell decisions away from Snyder, like Gibbs did.

You don't post a lot, so I can understand why you're in the dark about some of this.

What we need, and what everybody pretty much agrees on, is a competent general manager who insists on complete control with none of Snyder's involvement. Until we have that, we'll always be mediocre at best.

I agree I think a management change with the removal of a few players would suffice. We know that we are in bed with Dan. Thats the frustrating part about all of this is that we do have talent and depth in many areas we just need a team first menatality. Portis has been awsome for us but he is also a side show and must wear on others in the locker room. I would say the same about Adrian Peterson if he was on the team and didn't practice and whined all the time. Get rid of him. Or guys like Carlos whos mental collapses ruin our chances of winning. I mean that guy has been responsible for so much game altering bad moments is mind numbing. Sure he can run with anyone who doesn't have the double move in there repitoire but all the drops in key moments of games are simply unexcusable. The kicker just isn't clutch and its obvious. I can think of at least 3 in the CFL that would serve us better. Beyond that I see hope. Our O line needs repair and we can do that. Zorn might get better if he wasn't so medium. I am so looking forward to change but I don't think an overhaul or a roster purge is nessasary.

You don't post a lot, so I can understand why you're in the dark about some of this.

What we need, and what everybody pretty much agrees on, is a competent general manager who insists on complete control with none of Snyder's involvement. Until we have that, we'll always be mediocre at best.

I agree. I don't even mind a coach taking over the GM duties (aka Shanahan). Beyond that, I don't want to get another coach or GM like Zorn or Cerrato who thinks the oline can last another year, Portis is a starting RB, and JC is a franchise QB. I want to start over from the Front Office down to the players. I am sick of marching out the same offense we had with Gibbs and expecting them win us games. Then going out and getting defensive players in the draft and offseason. So your right I do want a new GM but new coaches and players as well, for the most part. I'm just not being very clear. Sorry

Yes I know but due to the fact Zorn had some of us fooled with a ballsy fake field goal last week. I thought he may demo some rocks for good. I guess not. Suisham hasn't been properly evaluated so I thought it worthy of a thread. He has lost as many games as he has won. Thats a mental thing because when the pressure is on he doesn't get it done. My redundency on CP, Rogers and Vinny is frustration seeping out.

In fairness to Zorn, he's been gutsy/balsy with his play calls since he's been here (while he was calling plays) including all the 4th down gambles that he's been blasted for when they don't work. Anway, its kinda hard to be ballsy when the FO has already castrated you.

Didn't we only score 6 points?? The way people are talking you'd think we put up 27 points or something. REALITY!! The D played another great game that the offense squandered. Plain and simple. I just don't see this "improvement" that people are talking about today. What improvement?? You mean they played hard?? Maybe I'm in the minority, but playing hard should be a minimum expectation, not a revalation.

New Mentality??? I'm with ya, but that theme has been beaten to death. And will continue to be beaten to death for the next 6 weeks. I'm a little bored of it. Fire Vinny..... yada-yada-yada. We all know what needs to be done. Nothing "New" about that. It's not a "New" idea.

Didn't we only score 6 points?? The way people are talking you'd think we put up 27 points or something. REALITY!! The D played another great game that the offense squandered. Plain and simple. I just don't see this "improvement" that people are talking about today. What improvement?? You mean they played hard?? Maybe I'm in the minority, but playing hard should be a minimum expectation, not a revalation.

New Mentality??? I'm with ya, but that theme has been beaten to death. And will continue to be beaten to death for the next 6 weeks. I'm a little bored of it. Fire Vinny..... yada-yada-yada. We all know what needs to be done. Nothing "New" about that. It's not a "New" idea.

Compared to the KC, St.Louis, or Detroit games I would say we improved. The defense for sure and the run game absolutley. Red Zone not so much. Pass protection better, Yes. Considering the injuries not bad for on the road against a team with twice as many wins as us. In using the word "new"" if we were to replace it with "different" as far as mentality goes could you wrap your head around it. An example would be going for the throat in the second quarter and trying a play in the end zone rather than hoping something bad doesn't happen and kicking a feild goal. Thats a submissive mentality.I dont care if its new, old, different or what ever but its got to change.

...What we need, and what everybody pretty much agrees on, is a competent general manager who insists on complete control with none of Snyder's involvement. Until we have that, we'll always be mediocre at best.

Easier said than done. Dan tried that approach once before with Joe Gibbs.

Archived