Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why can't we finish our drives?

Sean_Taylor_hero

Honestly, why are people still asking the same questions after 3 years of him?

If you don't know the answer to this question, then football isn't your thing.

Thank you!!! I laugh at everyone who still supports him. Seasons over so I'd like to see some playing time from Collins but most likely we never will because Zorn will really look like an ass then.

you really think we can do this with Zorn?

No we can't, nor will we succeed with Campbell and the current offensive line.

The larger problem is organizational though. Who drafted Campbell? Who hired Zorn? Who managed our roster and forgot to add competent offensive line depth?

you're right. Romo sits to pee played worse but here is the difference between the two. when it matters, when ur team needs a winning drive, a winning TD, Romo sits to pee does and have done it in the past. Candle can't lead a winning drive, winning TD late in the game even if his life depended on it. Why? it's simple. he is a horrendous qb

both had a chance today. Romo sits to pee late in the game lead a winning drive. candle had a chance to counter and have his own winning drive. are we shocked at the end result? Candle is one of the worst starting QB inthe league.

LOL look at the rookie QB stafford today. hell look at brady quinn. both no more than 2 yrs in the league and have done something candle has not been able to do in 5 yrs.

LOL

Leading a drive from your own 15 yardline in 2.5 minutes with 1 timeout is not a high probability situation for any QB in the league. The game should have been won on the Redskins' prior possession. Does anyone here doubt that Campbell makes a completion if we throw on that 3rd & 2? That would have been the game right there. Not only do we make the FG easier for Suisham, but we take another couple of minutes off the clock.

this teams finds ways to lose,it's just a culture of losing that prevades this team.they expect something to happen.Anf guess what ? it does.the offensive line gets false starts,we get illigal motion penalties and we burn needed timeouts because the players are confused.this has been going on sense before the arrival of Zorn.it's not the coaches,it's the players and thats why we need a thorough house cleaning.keeping only the young talent.fact is that is was sad to see Samuels go but it is a blessing in a way.his age, injuries and so on were starting to become a problem .yes he was the best olineman we had but he is at the point of deminishing returns and it wass time for us to replace him anyway.besides i want a lt with an mean streak,in fact i would love all of our olineman to be that way.no more cerebral players,we shuld have won this game,and it wasn't anyone things but a collection of issues that confront this team and have for years.it's sad but i have to agree,that the paina of staying the same must become more than the pain of change for there to be change.and my friends thats where we find ouselves.heres to change.in front office personel,coaches,players,and team identity and culture.look at the falcons,just a couple of years ago they were as low as we were.in two years theyare making noise.there no reason that can't happen with us.but we need a new gm,team pres and so on.lets hope we get back to the smash mouth lunch pail type of team we were,teams like people can lost when they try to be something they aren't.the skins are not a west coast type of tema.we need to get back to being who we arre,it's as simpl,eas that.be the best us we can be.

Our coaches systematically refuse to let Campbell win the game for us.

Look at Campbell's redzone #s.

Look at Campbell's 3rd down #s today.

I look at the Cowboys and I see a team that puts their QB in a position where he can make plays. I see the Redskins and I see a team that takes the ball out of Campbell's hands whenever points are on the line. That's the bottom line.

I challenge anyone to counter this with anecdotal or statistical analysis.

By statistics I want you to show how Campbell is deficient in the Redzone or how he isnt picking up enough 3rd downs.

By anecdotes I was specific plays in the Redzone where he is responsible for not getting points.

Im not saying you cant do it, because you can make arguments here. I just dont think anyone is willing to go beyond knee jerk reaction and faux analysis.

Leading a drive from your own 15 yardline in 2.5 minutes with 1 timeout is not a high probability situation for any QB in the league. The game should have been won on the Redskins' prior possession. Does anyone here doubt that Campbell makes a completion if we throw on that 3rd & 2? That would have been the game right there. Not only do we make the FG easier for Suisham, but we take another couple of minutes off the clock.

Skins were down by 1 pt with 2.5 mins. he didnt have to go 85 yards for a TD to win the game. all he had to do was drive enough for a FG. so what is your excuse now. regardless, no winning drives in his career, maybe one... not sure. no winning td, no winning nothing. u do not put suisham in tha tposition to begin with if your offense is good. get with the program candle homer and open your eyes.

Jason has no vertical game. He missed deep guys wide open all day. Even Buck said it. The trouble is Zorn will pet him again this week saying JC did a good job were getting there. then it will start all over again, I don't know who is worse JC or JZ. Under Zorn we have never even came close to having any vertical game NONE, and the worse part is Zorn is in denial about it. The petting wil start soon just like clock work.

I bet we don't win one game against any teams in the NFC East :doh: nice.

I challenge anyone to counter this with anecdotal or statistical analysis.

By statistics I want you to show how Campbell is deficient in the Redzone or how he isnt picking up enough 3rd downs.

By anecdotes I was specific plays in the Redzone where he is responsible for not getting points.

Im not saying you cant do it, because you can make arguments here. I just dont think anyone is willing to go beyond knee jerk reaction and faux analysis.

Tell you what... How about you go get the evidence that WE ALL see and YOU DON'T and come back and apologize for being so ignorant. I hate when people want someone else to do their leg work.

When the field's compressed, your QB has to make quicker decisions than normal and by the time Jason uses his abacus to decipher where to go with the ball, that window is closed.

That's how I feel. Someone said during one of our games a few games back that it comes down to toughness. Any team can move the ball between the 20s, but moving it in the red zone and on some critical 3rd downs amounts to who wants it more. I rarely get the impression that our team expects to score or convert in those situations. I don't think they really exert their influence in that way.

Why? I couldn't say. It could be the QB. It could be the system. It could be the line or the coaching. It could be the RB. It could be all of this. Who knows? But the bottom line is we don't do it. :\

Why did we try a field goal with 15 seconds left at their 21?

Why not take a shot at the endzone?

Going for a FG on 3rd down with 15 seconds is unheard of.

Suisham cost us this game but this lack of confidence in your offense speaks volume. Why have a QB playing if you don't trust him throwing it away if nothing is there?

This loss is solely on the coach (or coaches).

Jason played well, in fact, the whole team played well. Well enought that we should have had a win.

Coach - Why did we not go for it when we had the ball at their 38 on a forth and 2?

Why did we not blitz ONE time during the cowgirls final drive?

Why did we try a field goal with 15 seconds left at their 21?

Why not take a shot at the endzone?

BAD, BAD coaching all around.

This game is solely on the coach........GOOD GAME PLAYERS!

no cojones

Only before not going for it on 4th and 2 we should have spread the D out on 3rd and 2 and passed. Ran only if the D was uncommitted. They were successful all day on short yardage with the pass, stopped when we ran. The coaches IMO do not trust JC. That's why they make asses of themselves and not even attempt to throw into the endzone with 15 freakin seconds left. boo

We just do not score from far out. We have too few big scoring plays. We have to punch it in from the red zone most of the time. That is where defense becomes easier. Campbell continues to complete passes, but everything is underneath stuff. Campbells numbers, thus mean nothing. This is how the offense has been with him as the starter. I believe a large part of it is his decision making and lack of accuracy down the field, as well his his lack of making a play from nothing. That being said, I have to admit that he did make a few plays today when things broke down. It was out of character, but he did make some nice plays.

Jim Zorn is the worse coach ever.How can u blame jason C hell he been saving the drives the whole game,breaking tackles completing passes with the terrible blocking O-line and play calling.We can't score when the O-line false start or don't block and then JC run for his life but oh it's JC falt.CHILD PLEASE!!!

Jim Zorn is the worse coach ever.How can u blame jason C hell he been saving the drives the whole game,breaking tackles completing passes with the terrible blocking O-line and play calling.We can't score when the O-line false start or don't block and then JC run for his life but oh it's JC falt.CHILD PLEASE!!!

LOL. What team are you watching. Check Down Campbell will be gone next year. Good riddens.

We watch the games. I even gave Campbell credit for making some plays today. The point is a team cannot rely on constant 10 or 12 play drives. We do not make explosive plays. That is not all Campbells fault, but I believe he is the major reason. He is inaccurate down the field and throws a completely too flat and inaccurate long ball. I will agree with the play calling. Our 3rd and short and 4th down plays are horrible. We should not be running stretch plays and delayed draws in those circumstances. It was interesting that we learned that Sherm Lewis does not call the running plays. Sherm Smith does.

Archived