Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why can't we finish our drives?

Sean_Taylor_hero

Seriously? Campbell goes 24 for 37 for 256 yards...and we only have 6 points to show for it?

What is our problem? We seem to be able to drive the ball but never ever able to score any points. This is so ugly it's not even funny.

Jason Campbell. The guy never throws TDs. Even Brady Quinn can toss 3-4 TDs a game. Whens the last time JC tossed 3 TDs a game? Has it ever happened?

Redskins were great converting 3rd downs until they cross the 50 yard line. What is up with that? All of a sudden they disintegrate into a hapless offensive team. They obviously have talent to move the ball as witnessed by today's performance on 3rd downs. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone recorded today's game and uploaded through bit torrent so I can look over the plays. Anyways, I am pretty sure many of you are apathetic towards this season and looking forward to high draft pick positions. That Ingram kid from Alabama looks pretty good though..

The Skins are whimps!

It's amazing that they continue to run in the redzone repeatedly when its failed. No fade passes or QB sneaks or throws on the endline of the endzone ...

Most of it because they lack faith in the QB and are scared he will either take a sack or throw an interception. And, what does that translate into - field goals.

Redskins were great converting 3rd downs until they cross the 50 yard line. What is up with that? All of a sudden they disintegrate into a hapless offensive team. They obviously have talent to move the ball as witnessed by today's performance on 3rd downs. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone recorded today's game and uploaded through bit torrent so I can look over the plays. Anyways, I am pretty sure many of you are apathetic towards this season and looking forward to high draft pick positions. That Ingram kid from Alabama looks pretty good though..

offense sucks and candle who plays QB position, the most important position on offense is one of the worst starting qb in the league. it's been like this almost every game candle has started which is like 50 games? so i am not sure why you think it is just today's game.

offense sucks and candle who plays QB position, the most important position on offense is one of the worst starting qb in the league. it's been like this almost every game candle has started which is like 50 games? so i am not sure why you think it is just today's game.

Absolutely! No vertical game.

- Settling in for 3 instead of 7 points

- Making right throws

- Tucking and running when you have to

- Throwing an interception when the game is on the line

There is no 'most important position on offense'. If you line up with 10 guys on the offense, it doesn't matter which player is missing, you will have an extremely hard time scoring points. Try lining up with 4 O-linemen and see how many points you score. If anything QB is one of the least important positions on offense because you can always run some variation of a wildcat offense, though again you would still be 1 man down, which would make it extremely difficult to score.

Absolutely! No vertical game.

- Settling in for 3 instead of 7 points

- Making right throws

- Tucking and running when you have to

- Throwing an interception when the game is on the line

Making right throws? Did you not watch the game. Campbell was perfect on third down (more than 10 pass attempts if I recall correctly for at least 130+ yards). And we converted more than 50% of our 3rd and longs. Campbell made the right throws, end of story.

When do you suggest Campbell should've brought the ball down today and ran? Maybe the play where he almost did and instead threw a completion for a first down right before he crossed the LOS?

And the interception. Again, what were you watching. Campbell had Moss open, and D-lineman tipped the ball. That's not Campbell's fault.

And who ever said anyone on the Redskins was content to settle for 3 instead of going for 7?

There is no 'most important position on offense'. If you line up with 10 guys on the offense, it doesn't matter which player is missing, you will have an extremely hard time scoring points. Try lining up with 4 O-linemen and see how many points you score. If anything QB is one of the least important positions on offense because you can always run some variation of a wildcat offense, though again you would still be 1 man down, which would make it extremely difficult to score.

ok , i get it. ur brother is jason candle.

LOL he said there is no most importnant position.... even if he truely believes that, surely, there has to be some distinction between 11 players on the field? LOL funny homer posters here.

Making right throws? Did you not watch the game. Campbell was perfect on third down (more than 10 pass attempts if I recall correctly for at least 130+ yards). And we converted more than 50% of our 3rd and longs. Campbell made the right throws, end of story.

When do you suggest Campbell should've brought the ball down today and ran? Maybe the play where he almost did and instead threw a completion for a first down right before he crossed the LOS?

And the interception. Again, what were you watching. Campbell had Moss open, and D-lineman tipped the ball. That's not Campbell's fault.

And who ever said anyone on the Redskins was content to settle for 3 instead of going for 7?

perfect on 3rd down converson which comes spread over different many different drives. those conversions doesnt come in a few drives, hence no TD.

of course, if your 3rd down conversion is amazing, then you will move the ball and score TDs. its all about when and how those 3rd downs are converted.

then there is TD number. 0 meaning 0pts from the most important position on offense that gets the ball first when snapped and kick starts the offense rather it is a pass or a run play.

One of the worst starting qb in the league is your truely jason candle

6 points, no touchdowns. Our line played well so they can't be the blame. The only sack was Campbell's fault. Rock played well. Our WRs played well when they got the ball.

Bottom line, we have a QB that can't lead our offense. He's good at times, but eventually caves everytime.

What does everyone think about our offensive coordinator consultant now? How can we score 27 points last week and get no touchdowns this week? Don't think the fans can blame Zorn now especially since he is not calling the plays. Raiders wins against the Bengals. They changed their quarterback today.

i have not seen the raiders and bengals game but as bad as russell was they needed to bench him. this shows that they have coaches and personnels that are aware of how bad their qb is and are willing to make that change which is totally different from out staff. this is the reason why i am pissed off at candle for being on e of the worst qb but redskins staff is clueless and pathetic.

but at the same time , in defense of jason candle, if they are going to keep playing him, he has no choice. it;s not like he is going to step down and give up his starting position. so in that sense, i really cant blame candle for being out there as our starter stinking it up every week. only way we will get rid of candle's problem is if he gets benched.

6 points, no touchdowns. Our line played well so they can't be the blame. The only sack was Campbell's fault. Rock played well. Our WRs played well when they got the ball.

Bottom line, we have a QB that can't lead our offense. He's good at times, but eventually caves everytime.

And, he certainly can't make 3rd downs when the game is on the line.

We had only ONE frealing drive in which we had more than 10 plays. All other drives were less single digits.

Wow!

Jason ought to be embarassed for throwing the interception. A QB needs to know when to tuck, when to run, when to throw, and sometimes just throw it away.

With the game on the line Jason "dumb bell" Campbell made a poor decision. This was going to be 4 down territory ...

Jason, that must be you. The logic you dispense in your post is consistent with your intelligent decision making on the field.

perfect on 3rd down converson which comes spread over different many different drives. those conversions doesnt come in a few drives, hence no TD.

of course, if your 3rd down conversion is amazing, then you will move the ball and score TDs. its all about when and how those 3rd downs are converted.

then there is TD number. 0 meaning 0pts from the most important position on offense that gets the ball first when snapped and kick starts the offense rather it is a pass or a run play.

One of the worst starting qb in the league is your truely jason candle

Do you not understand what perfect means? He had 100% efficiency on every 3rd down pass he made. And on more than 50% of the 3rd and longs we had throughout the game Campbell converted. Converting 50% of 3rd and longs is not common.

Let's clarify something. Do you think we score any points at all in a game with O-linemen on the field? Do you think we score any points in a game without a QB on the field? Do you think we score any points in a game without a RB on the field? When you decide on answer to these three questions, you will have a better understanding of what the most important position on the field is.

Yeah we didn't score an TD's today. We also missed 2 FG's (1 of which was a short FG attempt). No RB had a TD. Contrary to what you may believe, QB's aren't magicians. They can't just wave their hands and overcome every drive-killing penalty, or every drop by a receiver, or every failed block on a running play.

And by the way, attempting to use the name Jason Candle in a derogatory manner, as if you are making fun of him, just makes you look bad.

You're in fantasy land. Please, no more excuses for campbell. I can't handle it anymore. Tell him I said hi by the way since you must be family.

ok , i get it. ur brother is jason candle.

LOL he said there is no most importnant position.... even if he truely believes that, surely, there has to be some distinction between 11 players on the field? LOL funny homer posters here.

First, it's spelled "truly". That's why the text box underlines it with a red line.

Yeah there is a distinction between players. They play different positions. It doesn't change the fact that if you remove just one player, regardless of position, it makes it much harder for your team to score. That is after all why it's a penalty to have 12 men on the field, because it gives you an unfair advantage...

Do you not understand what perfect means? He had 100% efficiency on every 3rd down pass he made. And on more than 50% of the 3rd and longs we had throughout the game Campbell converted. Converting 50% of 3rd and longs is not common.

Let's clarify something. Do you think we score any points at all in a game with O-linemen on the field? Do you think we score any points in a game without a QB on the field? Do you think we score any points in a game without a RB on the field? When you decide on answer to these three questions, you will have a better understanding of what the most important position on the field is.

Yeah we didn't score an TD's today. We also missed 2 FG's (1 of which was a short FG attempt). No RB had a TD. Contrary to what you may believe, QB's aren't magicians. They can't just wave their hands and overcome every drive-killing penalty, or every drop by a receiver, or every failed block on a running play.

And by the way, attempting to use the name Jason Candle in a derogatory manner, as if you are making fun of him, just makes you look bad.

Contrary to what YOU believe, QB's are magicians and they have to be at certain times in certain games. Thats why we remember all the great ones, they had it when they needed it. Candle, does not have it nor will he ever have it. Its time for a change since the season is basically over. I'd like to see what happens with collins in a WHOLE GAME, not a half after candle gave the game away with fumbles and picks.

You're in fantasy land. Please, no more excuses for campbell. I can't handle it anymore. Tell him I said hi by the way since you must be family.

Well considering I am not making excuses for Campbell.... He played pretty damn well today. There are those of us who can watch a game and analyze how a player played without letting preconceived notions influence our judgment, and there are those of us who can't. The people who think Campbell was bad today fall into the latter of the two categories.

Contrary to what YOU believe, QB's are magicians and they have to be at certain times in certain games. Thats why we remember all the great ones, they had it when they needed it. Candle, does not have it nor will he ever have it. Its time for a change since the season is basically over. I'd like to see what happens with collins in a WHOLE GAME, not a half after candle gave the game away with fumbles and picks.

UMMMM...... you do realize that Collins came in the KC game (at halftime) and was only down 3-0, right? If being down 3-0 constitutes the game being already given away with a full half to play, then you obviously don't think very highly of Todd Collins.

The notes vary, but the song remains the same.

This is a team that finds a way to lose. And they'll do whatever it takes to get there. Drop the easy INT, miss the key field goal, collapse on defense in the 4th, throw the killing final pick. Or, more subtly, piss away your timeouts so you can't stop the clock with the game on the line.

A couple of weeks ago, they couldn't tackle a QB after hitting him five yards behind the first down marker. Next week it will be something else.

Sure, there are always fine individual efforts. This time, Rock, Devin Thomas, even Jason for much of the game. But in the end, this team Finds. A. Way. To. Lose.

The whole is less than the sum of the parts. And the center cannot hold...

Archived