Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Motorola Droid

shuler74

It may not be an iPhone but if there was ever going to be a legitimate competitor, the two people that would have to team up to do it would be Google and Verizon IMO...

Google never does anything wrong and Verizon has a huge customer base just waiting for a reason not to have to get an iPhone.

I really want one of these. I also have a question if anyone is familiar with Verizon's contracts. I'm still on my parents contract, and my mom has a blackberry with the data plan included. My part of the plan is only like $10-20 per month. Anyone know how much that would go up if I got a Droid with the data plan? Just curious if anyone knows, I'm up for a new phone in 2 weeks anyway, so I will probably end up asking the Verizon guy anyway.

I really want one of these. I also have a question if anyone is familiar with Verizon's contracts. I'm still on my parents contract, and my mom has a blackberry with the data plan included. My part of the plan is only like $10-20 per month. Anyone know how much that would go up if I got a Droid with the data plan? Just curious if anyone knows, I'm up for a new phone in 2 weeks anyway, so I will probably end up asking the Verizon guy anyway.

I think the data plan is $30/month.

Thanks for the replies about the cost of the data plan.

why the hell did they include a physical keyboard? LET GO OF THAT OUT DATED TRASH! by having it slide open they increased the weight and increased risk of damage.

That was one of the selling points for the Droid. I have a full keyboard on my current phone, and love it. I have used the digital keyboards on iPhone, and while I didn't use it enough to really get used to it, I have to say I prefer the physical keyboard. Much easier to use imo.

That was one of the selling points for the Droid. I have a full keyboard on my current phone, and love it. I have used the digital keyboards on iPhone, and while I didn't use it enough to really get used to it, I have to say I prefer the physical keyboard. Much easier to use imo.

My daughter is a cell phone text addict.

About 8 months ago she convinced me to buy her a touch screen phone.

She begs me daily to let her switch back to her env2.

No amount of getting used to lets a text addict or a guy trying to send an email, using a touch screen, do so quickly and without error.

I would only consider the droid because of its full keyboard.

Touch screens are for coolness factor only. :evilg:

yeah my friend has one. Its pretty bulky especially with a cover.

Without a cover its about the same footprint as the iPhone. A guy I work with got a droid over the weekend and also has an iPhone for work. We put them side by side and the difference isn't noticeable when the protective cover is off.

And I totally think the full qwerty keyboard is what would make me choose a droid over an iPhone...even if the iPhone was available through Verizon.

The physical keyboard is king. iPhone users say they don't need one. I wouldn't do business without one, period. I guess iPhone users aren't in business. :D

From what I've seen, there's really nothing that iPhone has over Droid from a functional POV. (I'm not concerned about menus being perfect in a make-believe OS utopia. I'm more interested in getting important, valuable things done.) But there are some things Droid does that iPhone just doesn't. Plus, Droid is on a real network where calls very rarely get dropped, whereas iPhone is limited to the unbelievably crappy AT&T voice/data networks.

Two problems: Verizon knows how special Droid is, and they're doing really crappy things like doubling the cancellation fee on all smartphones as a result of Droid's arrival. Also, nobody can agree on whether or not Verizon will charge an additional monthly fee for talking to an Exchange server. There are folks convinced both ways on that last one, and the hands-on consumer tests have not looked promising for free personal-use Exchange on Droid. This is incredibly important for the millions of people who submit personal mobile phone charges to their businesses for reimbursement.

I'm waiting for the holidays. Maybe Verizon will get enough blowback to at least kill the Exchange access monthly charge.

The physical keyboard is king. iPhone users say they don't need one. I wouldn't do business without one, period. I guess iPhone users aren't in business. :D

From what I've seen, there's really nothing that iPhone has over Droid from a functional POV. (I'm not concerned about menus being perfect in a make-believe OS utopia. I'm more interested in getting important, valuable things done.) But there are some things Droid does that iPhone just doesn't. Plus, Droid is on a real network where calls very rarely get dropped, whereas iPhone is limited to the unbelievably crappy AT&T voice/data networks.

Two problems: Verizon knows how special Droid is, and they're doing really crappy things like doubling the cancellation fee on all smartphones as a result of Droid's arrival. Also, nobody can agree on whether or not Verizon will charge an additional monthly fee for talking to an Exchange server. There are folks convinced both ways on that last one, and the hands-on consumer tests have not looked promising for free personal-use Exchange on Droid. This is incredibly important for the millions of people who submit personal mobile phone charges to their businesses for reimbursement.

I'm waiting for the holidays. Maybe Verizon will get enough blowback to at least kill the Exchange access monthly charge.

The double the etf's because there always someone who ruins it for everyone. People were taking advantage of the buy one get one free on blackberry's and cancelline the line on the free phone at 175 then turning around and selline on ebay for 500.00

Archived