Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Westbrook suffers another concussion

tr1

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2009/11/15/sports/doc4b009fcbc3dce199306546.txt

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Philadelphia Eagles running back Brian Westbrook suffered another concussion and was forced out of Sunday's game against San Diego.

Westbrook apparently suffered a hard hit on the opening drive of the second half and did not return to the game.

Westbrook missed the previous two games with a concussion, which he suffered in the Monday night game against the Washington Redskins.

Last week Westbrook ws cleared for practice but apparently developed a headache Friday afternoon and was held out of last week's game.

Westbrook practiced this week and was cleared to play in the game by the Eagles' medical staff.

Sucks for WB. He was very concerned about his own health and took the extra week. Based on his prior worries I doubt he plays for quite a while...and rightfully so.

It has long been my thought that any player sustaining a concussion should sit for a minimum of the following game.

Sucks for WB. He was very concerned about his own health and took the extra week. Based on his prior worries I doubt he plays for quite a while...and rightfully so.

It has long been my thought that any player sustaining a concussion should sit for a minimum of the following game.

He sat for two, and it clearly wasn't enough.

The Eagles messed up by not getting a power back years ago to compliment Westbrook. Guy was never built to handle 16 game seasons as a single back.

I think they had hoped Buckhalter would be that power back. When he didn't put up the numbers, they went with their best guy.

Just saw this on ESPN, he even took that extra week off, hate to hear he suffered another one so quickly. I think he was speaking with a former player about this, and seemed concerned about it, I'm sure he will do the intelligent thing and not come back unless he's not at any huge risk.

He's a great player, and has been such an integral part to Philly's offense. I hope he recovers and continues to have a great career, even if it is for the Eagles, he's a classy guy.

Archived