Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

106.7 Lavar Arrington Show: Official Thread

AsburySkinsFan

Did the caller just say that the team needs to get the "red ball out of their mouths"? Dang.

dude, it that a real pic in your sig ...freaking cool.

lavar is weird man ... he is weird. talking to campbell yesterday he just so sounded full of crap, like witht he whole I defend my teamates thing. i mean, even if it was true, you don't brag about that the way he did ...obnoxious.

dude, it that a real pic in your sig ...freaking cool.

I wish! It is from the latest Riggo youtube videos.

lavar is weird man ... he is weird. talking to campbell yesterday he just so sounded full of crap, like with the whole I defend my teamates thing. i mean, even if it was true, you don't brag about that the way he did ...obnoxious.

I love Lavar, always have, I love his passion and I love how much he loves the team and at the same time he's simply hilarious. :D

lavar is weird man ... he is weird. talking to campbell yesterday he just so sounded full of crap, like witht he whole I defend my teamates thing. i mean, even if it was true, you don't brag about that the way he did ...obnoxious.

I wanted to call in today when he was going off on a similar tangent and just ask the following question:

"Mr. Arrington, if the fines were so inconsequential to you when you played and you were such a great teammate, please explain the difference between what happened on Sunday in Atlanta and what happened to Jeff George in Dallas in 2001. Why didn't you go out to defend your family in that case? I'll hang up and listen to your comments."

I wanted to call in today when he was going off on a similar tangent and just ask the following question:

"Mr. Arrington, if the fines were so inconsequential to you when you played and you were such a great teammate, please explain the difference between what happened on Sunday in Atlanta and what happened to Jeff George in Dallas in 2001. Why didn't you go out to defend your family in that case? I'll hang up and listen to your comments."

i found it ironic when he said jim zorn was out of line for tellin sonny he would've benched him since he was a hall of fame qb and legend and all that, but he called joe gibbs a coward. JZ answered a direct question from sonny to his face during an interview. lavar called gibbs a coward in an interview way after he was gone. my thing is even if he is right or has a good reason for sayin it, why say it at that time? joe gibbs always took the high road and never publically bashed lavar. zorn was at least on topic, lavar's comment came out of nowhere.

i found it ironic when he said jim zorn was out of line for tellin sonny he would've benched him since he was a hall of fame qb and legend and all that, but he called joe gibbs a coward. JZ answered a direct question from sonny to his face during an interview. lavar called gibbs a coward in an interview way after he was gone. my thing is even if he is right or has a good reason for sayin it, why say it at that time? joe gibbs always took the high road and never publically bashed lavar. zorn was at least on topic, lavar's comment came out of nowhere.

Yep.

Personally, I don't disagree with his point. I just find it very hypocritical of him to talk about coming to the defense of your teammates. He should be careful and realize that his audience is pretty familiar with his body of work in the NFL. That's going to flush out some inconsistencies for him from time to time.

Again, he can have that opinion. He can even say it on the radio. He just needs to stop short of the "If that was me..." hypothetical situations since we watched him play for 6 years.

Yep.

Personally, I don't disagree with his point. I just find it very hypocritical of him to talk about coming to the defense of your teammates. He should be careful and realize that his audience is pretty familiar with his body of work in the NFL. That's going to flush out some inconsistencies for him from time to time.

Again, he can have that opinion. He can even say it on the radio. He just needs to stop short of the "If that was me..." hypothetical situations since we watched him play for 6 years.

yeah, that's basically what it was with me. i can understand fans disliking what he said to sonny, but coming from him seemed hypocritical after his comments about gibbs.

Arrington is a slimeball.

I'm amazed that people listen to this show for what they think will be valuable information.

"Chad Dukes" and Lavar Arrington? That's so laughable.

What I find the most humorous is when Lavar talks about how he used to be in practice and in games as if he was the GOAT. He talks about how he would motivate guys by challenging them personally, starting fights etc as if he was a Ray Lewis type force on the team. I recall quite a few times he was out of position, missed tackles b/c he went for the kill shot, and then go on the John Thompson show the following week and get choked up. Imagine Lavar of today talking about the Lavar of 2003?

What I find the most humorous is when Lavar talks about how he used to be in practice and in games as if he was the GOAT. He talks about how he would motivate guys by challenging them personally, starting fights etc as if he was a Ray Lewis type force on the team. I recall quite a few times he was out of position, missed tackles b/c he went for the kill shot, and then go on the John Thompson show the following week and get choked up. Imagine Lavar of today talking about the Lavar of 2003?

A good example of this was a few weeks ago when he asked Orakpo if he was a "face mask grabber" on this team. Lavar matter-of-factly stated that he himself was one when he played for the Skins. Though easily the most talented defensive player we had, I don't recall him being the leader of that team.

It'd be cool if this thread could actually be about discussing the show's content, which some of us are actually interested in, as opposed to just 20 pages of back-and-forth slap fighting about whether or not Lavar was a good Redskin or a bad Redskin. If you hate the show, why bother coming in here at posting in this thread?

We would actually prefer threads on hot topics going on in the show rather than one large thread where you have to comb the thread to find out what's going on.

Makes browsing the front page easier to catch up on breaking news and happenings.

No worries and we appreciate the thought

Archived