Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Campbell Was The Saints QB They'd Be 4-4 At Best

UltimateSkins

Any chance of telling the future instead of what could have been? I could really use some winning lottery numbers.

Can you bet on the over/under for displays of dysfunction and/or WTF moments for the Redskins FO? If so, take the over.

All I ask is for 10% of your winnings.

I'm surprised no one has said anything about Sean Paytons mismanaging of the game last night with his team up 11 with the ball and with Atlanta only having 1 timeout. He chose to run the ball 3 times and ended up with a fumble whereas just kneeling on it and punting would have given Atlanta the ball back with probably under 15 seconds left.

I'm surprised no one has said anything about Sean Paytons mismanaging of the game last night with his team up 11 with the ball and with Atlanta only having 1 timeout. He chose to run the ball 3 times and ended up with a fumble whereas just kneeling on it and punting would have given Atlanta the ball back with probably under 15 seconds left.

agreed it was kinda stupid, but man was that icing the onsides kick call a genius move or what? and atlanta had the perfect kick dialed up for it.

such a great coaching move. although honestly, not just kneeling showed some respect for atlantas offense. he really didnt want them having the ball again.

if Drew Brees was the Skins QB. We'd be 3-4 at best. I believe that also. He'd get pounded here.

thank you ... thank you.

i will agree with the OP, JC will not take chances, and it infuriates me ... he is way to cautious and in the end playing afraid is going to cost him more mistakes ...weird.

haha ok.

id still love to see all these posts about us being elite with a new QB, but i guess ill be waiting forever.

They don't specifically say elite but there are a lot of posts here

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=306905

that could back up what IRep was saying.

Take this one for example

for once irep has a point, those receivers last night were making some nutty catches, although brees had pretty much pinpoint accuracy on most of the throws (sans the shockey throw, WTF?).

brees and ryan obviously have better olines, but those guys were making throws our dude cannot. and i think ryan was sacked like 4 times.

or this one

lol, i still go back and forth with people, but im glad youve seen what some of us have seen for awhile and that youre ready for this team to move on.

just a shame theres still a few left not in the same mindset, who STILL want to see more of this guy.

or here

better blocking wont fix his fundamental flaws:

cant read a defense

has a slow release

poor accuracy

erratic deep ball

all a better oline would do is give him more time to scan the field, so then he can throw a poor pass telegraphing where the ball is going with his eyes, or throw a nice check down to cooley or betts going short.

i was seeing ryan and brees throw lofting passes over linebackers heads last night to a WR in perfect stride. all the time in the world wont have campbell throwing passes like that.

or here

that last pick was just a desperation heave, but his other 2 were legit.

its not always about comp % and QB rating, which is what the JC fan club doesnt understand whatsoever. he made big plays for that team when his team needed it. this is also his second season, and he was going up against the best team in the NFC.

ryans a good young QB. anybody that cant see that is just plain dumb.

if Drew Brees was the Skins QB. We'd be 3-4 at best. I believe that also. He'd get pounded here.
Maybe we'd be 3-4 at best, but he would not get pounded here.

New Orleans Saints Sacks Allowed:

2001 - 50

2002 - 36

2003 - 36

2004 - 41

2005 - 41

2006 - 23

2007 - 16

2008 - 13

Now they didn't have the same offensive line as the Haslett days, but clearly they didn't drastically rebuild their line in a single season drafting John Stinchcomb. Actaully, over the past 3 years New Orleans has had a pretty patchwork O-Line.

homercles, somehow me talking about campbells personal struggles at the QB position, coupled with discussing some of matt ryans skills translates to me saying that if we had a good QB we'd be an elite team?

im really hoping youre not an english professor.

Very simple logic.

You say that Campbell is not a good QB. You also say the Redskins line is terrible. You say that Ryan was sacked 4 times last night but can make plays with his arm. Campbell has not done that. You consistently bash Campbell for being behind a bad Oline but feel that Ryan is a great young Qb behind a mediocre line as well.

Your posts lead me to believe you are saying that a great QB behind a bad line can still be great.

With your poor grammar and punctuation I hope you are not an english teacher either.

Good ol' E.S.. Always looking for yet another angle to beat up J.C. from. Also have to credit the the pit-bulls of ES. Once they take a disliking to a player,they won't let go.

When things are this bad no we won't let go.

I would wager to say behind a better line JC would still be a mediocre QB at best. He hasn't shown proper skills to be a QB.

Very simple logic.

You say that Campbell is not a good QB. You also say the Redskins line is terrible. You say that Ryan was sacked 4 times last night but can make plays with his arm. Campbell has not done that. You consistently bash Campbell for being behind a bad Oline but feel that Ryan is a great young Qb behind a mediocre line as well.

Your posts lead me to believe you are saying that a great QB behind a bad line can still be great.

With your poor grammar and punctuation I hope you are not an english teacher either.

would we be better with matt ryan and our oline? absolutely. save this quote if youd like, a better QB would make this whole team better. and yes, a great QB behind a bad line can still be great, look at green bay and aaron rodgers for proof (or hell, big ben last year who got decked all day).

would it make us elite? not at all, which is what Irep was attempting to say.

better? yes.

elite? no

i dont know how you came to the conclusion using "simple logic" that anywhere in those posts i somehow was insinuating that we'd be an elite team. our offense and coaching still has major issues that need fixing

When things are this bad no we won't let go.

I would wager to say behind a better line JC would still be a mediocre QB at best. He hasn't shown proper skills to be a QB.

100% agree. he definitey has not.

would we be better with matt ryan and our oline? absolutely. save this quote if youd like, a better QB would make this whole team better. and yes, a great QB behind a bad line can still be great, look at green bay and aaron rodgers for proof (or hell, big ben last year who got decked all day).

would it make us elite? not at all, which is what Irep was attempting to say.

better? yes.

elite? no

i dont know how you came to the conclusion using "simple logic" that anywhere in those posts i somehow was insinuating that we'd be an elite team. our offense and coaching still has major issues that need fixing

I was assuming the sarcasm in Irep's post would get through to people. guess not.

Semantics are fun.

Good ol' E.S.. Always looking for yet another angle to beat up J.C. from. Also have to credit the the pit-bulls of ES. Once they take a disliking to a player,they won't let go.
As long as people defend his poor play, we won't let up!

:redpunch::redpunch::redpunch:

I was assuming the sarcasm in Irep's post would get through to people. guess not.

Semantics are fun.

you obviously dont follow Ireps posts enough, dude is one of the charter members of the campbell fan club.

he wasnt kidding with his comments. and if he claims now that he was, itll be because he made a stupid claim that he couldnt back up.

It is amazing how a fast-thinking QB can make his line look so much better. Brees was under pressure all night long, but it didn't matter. He knows where he's going and has that ball out in a couple seconds every time. The difference in his game vs. Campbell's is enormous. Considering our schedule, we'd be 5-2 with Brees, they'd be lucky to have 3 wins with Campbell.

We have as much height at WR as they do. And Last year with his big man Colston out, Brees' number one target was 5'9, and his #2 was 5' 11. He threw 5,000 yards.

Brees puts his teammates in position to make plays. As Cris Carter said before the game, the receivers are often not open on the field, Brees "throws them open".

Dont you think our tiny speedy WR's would do a lot better on a fast surface, like their dome? Dont you think our WR's would do a lot better in an offense that catered to their strengths, instead of blindly shoving the west coast on a bunch of guys that are not suited for it. Zorn throws the short slant, the WCO staple. Why wont teams stack the box and press everyone? Our one dimensional top WR's are but part of the problem.

It was obvious their big WR's went up and got a bunch of balls last night. if you want to fixate on last season, when Colston was out for half a season, so be it.

Campbells career stats dont lie. He doesnt look decisive or pretty doing it, but the guy is pretty much average in the pool of QB's year after year.

by the way, talking about historically bad olines, the 1986 eagles allowed 104 sacks in a season.

our oline is on pace for about 45.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to annihilate David Carr's all-time most sacked record of 76 sacks set in 2002, as I've mentioned before.

Rodgers will easily top 80...god perhaps even 90....but he makes freakin plays.

The Packers are the HISTORICALLY BAD LINE, ours is crappy, but Green Bay is a nightmare. Not even close.

Dont you think our WR's would do a lot better in an offense that catered to their strengths, instead of blindly shoving the west coast on a bunch of guys that are not suited for it. Zorn throws the short slant, the WCO staple.

I agree with this part. Every other year we bring in a new coach, or new OC, and they all have their own special system that they "know" is gonna work no matter what. So they end up trying to force our players to fit that system instead of adjusting the system to fit the players. I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen again when we get a new coach next year.

Aaron Rodgers is on pace to annihilate David Carr's all-time most sacked record of 76 sacks set in 2002, as I've mentioned before.

Rodgers will easily top 80...god perhaps even 90....but he makes freakin plays.

The Packers are the HISTORICALLY BAD LINE, ours is crappy, but Green Bay is a nightmare. Not even close.

amazing how the most sacked QB in the NFL is also the highest rated passer in the NFL.

imagine how good rodgers could be if he had an average oline. green bay will definitely be fixing that in the offseason.

The horse is dead. Seriously. Dead. It's over.

Campbell will not be a Redskin next year. And so we'll see what he does somewhere else in 2010 and beyond. Someone will probably give him a chance, at least in preseason.

And I, for one, think they will see what we've seen which is that a QB who is a beat or two behind the speed of the game will never be able to make it in the NFL.

But none of us will know for sure if Campbell is a bust until next year. We just have to wait.

No doubt Campbell is on a dysfunctional team. But again, if you watch enough NFL games, it's also obvious to me at least that Campbell is not an NFL starting QB on any team.

Archived