Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Campbell Was The Saints QB They'd Be 4-4 At Best

UltimateSkins

I truly believe this statement. Right now, Jason Campbell simply lacks the mental intangibles to be a starting NFL QB. When you look at any successful NFL QB, they all know how to make calculated risks and take chances there will more than likely end well for them. This is something Campbell has never shown that he can do. When his primary read isn't 100% open Campbell always goes immediately to the check down, even if it's for a 3 yard pass on 3rd down when we need 7.

Watching last night's game I don't believe Brees or even Ryan for that matter threw a single check down the entire game. They'd much rather give their WR a chance to make a play than play scared and dump it off for something small. Even with all the talent on the Saints, I believe we'd see them being limited to around 20 points a game if Campbell was their QB.

not a chance. we'd be 5-2 at the worst. no way brees would lose to the cheifs or lions, not with our defense.

I don't buy that. I feel like we're having this conversation across many threads.

Lets put it this way.

I think this is the worst OL I've ever seen in the NFL....at least that I can remember.

I don't buy that. I feel like we're having this conversation across many threads.

Lets put it this way.

I think this is the worst OL I've ever seen in the NFL....at least that I can remember.

Our O-line is bad yes, but during the Philly game there were numerous times were Campbell had the perfect pocket formed around him for 5+ seconds and he failed to deliver almost every instance. He'd either throw the ball behind the WR or throw to a checkdown. When any good QB gets time he makes a play, when Campbell gets time he kills the play.

Saints receivers don't get that open consistently. Most of their big plays come from Brees putting the ball right on the money even when they are blanketed. JC doesn't throw those kinds of balls.

And how often do you see Brees miss a big play to an open receiver downfield?

The Saints would be 2-5 with JC, or worse.

Brees makes the entire offense work 5x better. Anybody goes down and he still does his job. The Saints defense would get torn up with JC doing nothing on offense and they'd have to play bend but not break as well leading to none of those pick 6's they've been getting.

It would be like the 2006 Redskins.

Lets put it this way.

thats a stretch. if it was that bad we'd be hearing about it all over espn and NFL network. the packers oline gets discussed 10x more than ours does, i think PFT nicknamed them "the swiss" a week or so ago.

our line sucks, but its not historically bad.

There isn't a QB in history who can throw from his back..

Yeah, Brees would be getting beat up (like Aaron Rodgers), but also (like Aaron Rodgers) he would still make some plays.

I think if we had Brees we'd be 3-4, maybe 4-3.

QB is not the biggest problem we have in DC. If people ragged on Casey Rabach or Stephon Heyer every time they screwed up, JC would be forgotten. He's a below average QB, but Rabach and Heyer are way below average at their respective positions.

Saints receivers don't get that open consistently. Most of their big plays come from Brees putting the ball right on the money even when they are blanketed. JC doesn't throw those kinds of balls.

Drew Brees is the best player currently at his position in the NFL...

JC is no where close... I don't know why this thread was made...

I think that's because the mainstream media believes our QB is inept (which he probably is) and just dismisses the o-line troubles because they are "Campbell's fault."

However, we have Mike Williams, Will Montgomery and Stephon Heyer starting.

It's getting hard to watch.

is NFL network the mainstream media? why wouldnt they be talking about our historically bad oline if it truly is this abomination that plenty are claiming it to be?

Then you should feel that way when you watch 95% of the current NFL players play.

Actually - No

Most franchise QB's never become free agents. We could have had Brees for 10M/yr, all we would have needed was to guarantee more of the contract than the Saints, which would not have been hard for Danny....

I'm not saying that I was advocating this move at the time, but I would hope that most GM's are better talent evaluators than I am as a casual fan....assuming a team has a GM......

not a chance. we'd be 5-2 at the worst. no way brees would lose to the cheifs or lions, not with our defense.

I agree. Brees is an example of how a great QB can elevate the play of those around him. Undrafted WRs on the Saints look like probowlers because of Brees. If Brees was our QB, Santana Moss would have a career year. If Brees was our QB, defenses wouldn't be stacking the box all the time, thus allowing Portis some room to run. We'd be much more balanced. Our QB stinks. I don't know why there are still some here that can't see that.

Archived