Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What a pleasure to watch Brees and Ryan last night.

TimmySmith

just looking at their gms compared to ours made me envy. Honestly, Loomis and Demetrios (no idea how to spell his name) have a confident, serious look on their face. A face that i interupt to read "I know what Im doing". Vinny on the other hand is a complete opposite. Vinny is basically Bozo the clown without the makeup.

Again, from the other thread.

New Orleans Saints Sacks Allowed:

2001 - 50

2002 - 36

2003 - 36

2004 - 41

2005 - 41

2006 - 23

2007 - 16

2008 - 13

5 of those sacks in 2006 weren't even on Drew Brees.

I'm not saying rebuilding their offensive line didn't help things, but clearly they didn't drastically turn around their line in one season. And to be honest, they have sort of a patchwork O-Line with players in and out over the last 3 years.

And no, Drew Brees did not turn around his career because the Chargers rebuilt their offensive line either. His protection was fine, LT was running amok, he just flat out sucked.

Who sucked Brees? If that is what you are saying, you are nuts. He had his best year to date before he was traded to the Aints.

And does anyone not see any correlation between the Saints Sacks allowed and Brees arriving? I seriously doubt their OL was rebuilt that quickly. However, I do know who arrived in 2006. That would be Brees. A QB with a great mind for the game, can read defenses, and can get the ball out very quick. That type of QB makes an OL look better.

Saints and Falcons line = Redskins line? Dude just don't post anymore. :laugh:

Odd how their sacks went down in NO immediately upon acquiring Drew Brees.

Also, if you watched football outside of the Skins, you'd have seen the playoff game with Atlanta last year where they recounted how all of Ryan's offensive line credited him with making them look good because of how fast and the kinds of quality decisions he was making.

But yeah, let's continue with the 1980s-style thinking about how O Lines=Championship. Everyone knows the Cardinals and Steelers had the two best offensive lines last year, right? :hysterical:

Atlanta now knows what it's like to actually have a franchise QUARTERBACK taking snaps for them.

Lets be honest, here. Atlanta rode Turner all night long. 151 yards at 7.6 YPC. He was flat out making NO's run defense look stupid. Matt Ryan is a good QB and I think he will continue to improve, but to talk about how it was such a pleasure to watch him complete 19 of 42 passes with 3 INTs to 1 TD is a bit of a stretch. Sure, he seems in command of the LOS and has pretty good confidence, but that doesn't change the fact that the results were certainly not pretty.

Here is to dreaming of one day having a QB that can play even half as good as either of these guys. No defense fears Campbell thus they blitz us more often thats part of the protection problem. Everyone has to remember many of our starters are hurt any team playing back-ups is going to lack talent in the salary cap days of the NFL! Excuses are just that excuses good teams find ways to WIN and bad teams (Redskins) unfortunately find ways to lose. If not for our defense we would not win a game so the excess money spent on Haynesworth and Hall is giving us the benefit of keeping us in games. I just hope our next project at QB will finally work out. I've lost track of all the ones in the past 10 years all I know is it started with Shuler (cry).....

I'd like to hear the excuses if we saw Brees or Ryan get their asses handed to them behind our OL.

I'm not saying JC is even on their tier. But our OL has so much to do with the issues. Its the #1 cause in my mind.

when pressured

I saw two QB give up turnovers for TDs

5 total turnovers between them

and so accurate than their receivers repeatedly have to make athletic feats to catch them, or miss completely. Ryan's QBR was under 50 :thumbsup:

and BLC :hysterical:

your Aaron Rodgers argument has been EXPLAINED over and over again. Sunday Aikman kept on complaining about him taking needless sacks, his own coach said all but 2 sacks where Rodgers fault, 14 of his sacks came against the packers alone... :D

but keep on beating that dead horse. :cool2:

What I want is Redskins football that is entertaining. Winning ugly as a value only applies if a team is winning regularly and is aiming for the playoffs.

This thread which implies that entertaining football is better than the boring team we have now is appropriate.

Who is the most boring player on the Redskins? Well, it just happens to be the guy who plays the same position as Brees and Ryan.

I'm sorry but Drew Brees and Matt Ryan were not under pressure all night. Both their olines performed very well, and on the few plays the blocking broke down they struggled; resulting in 2 defensive touchdowns, one per defense.

It seems fair to assume that if the blocking had broke down more often, like say behind our OL, the QBs would have had more bad plays/throws.

I thought Gruden and Jaws were very annoying. They were praising Brees and the Saints as if they were dominating the league for many years. Gruden sounded like he was in love with every NFL player that ever existed.

Brees looked great. I wasn't impressed by Ryan...Ryan's arm looked weak.

Comparing JC to Matt Ryan (das wunderkid) so far

Total yards

#14 Ryan 1649 yards

#18 Campbell 1481 yards

Comp. %

#18 Ryan 59.7%

#7T Campbell 66.0%

Yards Per Attempt Avg.

#16 Ryan 7.1 YPA

#13 Campbell 7.2

TD Passes

#9 Ryan 12 td (1 IN 19.4 att.)

#19 Campbell 8 td (1 IN 25.7 att.)

Int.

#28T Ryan 9 int. (1 IN 25.9 att.)

#21T Campbell 7 int. (1 IN 29.4 att.)

1st Down%

#11 Ryan 37.3%

#6 Campbell 39.3

Sacks

#7T Ryan 9 sacks (1 IN 25.9 att.)

#30T Campbell 20 (1 IN 10.3 att.)

QBR

#18 Ryan 82.4

#16 Campbe 85.8

Wish our OL was watching, see how to protect a QB for more than 2 seconds.

Jason gets enough time on the majority of plays, sure the protection breaks down during the game. It happens for all quarterbacks in this league, as witnessed by the Colts and the Saints too. That is and will remain a lame excuse for Jason's lack of skill to get the job done. In fact I thought Mike Williams did a fine job, as did the whole line considering the circumstances. No more excuses for a lame and unassertive quarterback already!

Jason gets enough time on the majority of plays, sure the protection breaks down during the game. It happens for all quarterbacks in this league, as witnessed by the Colts and the Saints too. That is and will remain a lame excuse for Jason's lack of skill to get the job done. In fact I thought Mike Williams did a fine job, as did the whole line considering the circumstances. No more excuses for a lame and unassertive quarterback already!

Das wunderkid is das winning!!

I'm not as impressed with Ryan as a lot of you seem to be. He locks on to WRs too much. If in trouble, he'll just try to force the ball to Gonzales (which resulted in his 2nd interception). He seems impatient at times, perhaps because he doesn't trust his line.

Brees is just a terrific QB. Nobody in the NFL reads coverage as well or quickly as he does.

Another interesting sack stat. Atlanta gave up 47 sacks the year before Ryan, then 17 sacks last year. You think a QB has no control over sacks? Say what you will about Ryan, but he makes his decisions quickly, he has a big arm and is not afraid to test it, and is on pace for 27 TDs and 3,700 yards as a sophomore.

Archived