Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Cooley back in 4 weeks?

Rufus T Firefly

I wouldn't play him. We have the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL. I do not see this team making the playoffs. LOL

NFC Strength of Schedule - Remaining Games

Winning Percentage

Sort and Rank by Remaining Games Rank

Team Division Self Opponents

All Games Opponents of

Played Games Opponents of

Remaining Games League Conf Div

Redskins East 29% 47% 21% 67% 1 1 1

Giants East 71% 57% 46% 65% 2 2 2

Panthers South 33% 56% 41% 65% 3 3 1

Eagles East 67% 52% 34% 63% 4 4 3

Buccaneers South 0% 54% 46% 60% 5 5 2

Cowboys East 67% 52% 51% 54% 10 6 4

Vikings North 86% 49% 43% 53% 11 7 1

Falcons South 67% 52% 54% 51% 15 8 3

Packers North 67% 47% 41% 50% 16 9 2

Bears North 50% 52% 55% 50% 17 10 3

Forty-Niners West 50% 49% 52% 47% 21 11 1

Lions North 17% 53% 64% 47% 22 12 4

Rams West 0% 49% 51% 46% 26 13 2

Seahawks West 33% 43% 50% 39% 30 14 3

Saints South 100% 44% 57% 37% 31 15 4

Cardinals West 67% 45% 65% 33% 32 16 4

Cooley's injury may not be so serious

The injury to tight end Chris Cooley may not be as serious as the Redskins previously believed, according to a team source.

Cooley, who chipped a bone at the base of his tibia in the Redskins' Monday night loss to Philadelphia, is expected to have surgery as early as Wednesday. He will be re-evaluated afterward and the most optimistic estimate has him missing a month rather than the six-to-eight weeks Coach Jim Zorn said he expected earlier today.

According to a tweet by Cooley (@thecooleyzone): 3 pins go in the ankle tomorrow. Hopefully be back in 4 weeks. Thanks for all the support.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/cooleys-injury-may-turn-out-to.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

Maybe cooley has himself on his own Fantasy team and is trying to get back as soon as possible? Just kidding, the guy should take as long as he needs to heal correctly. Lingering injuries are no good and hurt the team more then rushing someone back. I think it will give Fred Davis valuable playing time so he can learn to BLOCK as well as try and gain yards and catch touchdowns! I have been a skins fan for a long time and I always want the team to do well and don't like to think negativly, but sitting at 2-5 I think this is a good year to evaluate what people on the team you want as core people and plan to build around them for the future. Cooley is one you want to keep on your roster and you know what he is capable of doing so let the boy sit and heal!

personally I'd get yoder back in to blocking, and flex Davis out to catch balls. He can do that very well.

but Yoder is up in years and Fred needs to learn. I would agree with you if the skins were 5-2, but the fact that they are 2-5? My opinion is try and develop core players you want to keep on the team and give them as much experience this year as possible.

Maybe cooley has himself on his own Fantasy team and is trying to get back as soon as possible? Just kidding, the guy should take as long as he needs to heal correctly. Lingering injuries are no good and hurt the team more then rushing someone back. I think it will give Fred Davis valuable playing time so he can learn to BLOCK as well as try and gain yards and catch touchdowns! I have been a skins fan for a long time and I always want the team to do well and don't like to think negativly, but sitting at 2-5 I think this is a good year to evaluate what people on the team you want as core people and plan to build around them for the future. Cooley is one you want to keep on your roster and you know what he is capable of doing so let the boy sit and heal!

cooley is a huge fantasy player so I wouldn't rule that out lol. they filmed a bunch of the redskins fantasy draft before the season and cooley took JC.

Both of our TEs have little playing time, so we need to see what they can do for a change. Check the inactive list and bring in a prospective Offensive Lineman. We really need to find some before next year especially if Samuels and Thomas are not coming back.......put this year in the books. Start thinking about trading some of the older players while we can get something for them. :logo::helmet:

Archived