Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Getting my Pilots License

SC_RedskinsFan

I decided a few weeks ago to go ahead and do this. I have wanted to for years. I ordered the stuff to help me study for the written test tonight, and i will start with my instructor in about 2 weeks.

I am buying into a group of 10 people who own 2 planes. I cannot start my training till i get that done, and that way after i get my license i will have something to fly. :D

Has anybody else done this recently, or have there license? Is there anything i should know?

Looks like the cost of all of this is going down fast. My instructor is going to trade me the electrical work that i did on his house not to long ago for my lessons.

And the guy who im buying a share of a plane from i just happen to be getting ready to wire his house too. I think he is gonna make a deal for that one.

I love it when a plan comes together, or maybe its just better to be lucky then good :silly: either way ill take it.:D

• 3 weeks later...
Like I said on FB, this is so freakin cool! How long is it going to take you to get your license?

It really depends on how long it takes me to log my 40 hours. I am thinking i will have it in around 3 months. I am going to try and get it done sooner, but that is my goal. I put some pictures up on FB a little while ago.

And nice pic there Mick :silly: Im flying a slightly bigger plane then that :D

What 2 planes are in your ownership group?

I did about 50% of a pilot's license 5 years ago. Had a line on an ownership group too, but life got in the way. A couple of Asian business trips and one engagement later, the window was closed and the dream was over (for now!).

Congrats on your new adventure. There's nothing like piloting a plane.

Archived