Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do the PLAYERS want Campbell over Collins?

ThePreciating

Then, to use the new, ridiculous term that's been banded around here lately at those that question him, anyone doing that most certainly has an "agenda."

Outside of one disappointing episode this past off-season when he fell back on the race card, Jason's character and work ethic has never been anything short of exemplary through his time here.

Justifiably critique his play on the field, but not the man off it.

Hail.

go read his latest interview and you might change your tune a bit. he came off as a total jackass, which is very unlike him. im assuming its just everything piling up on him, but there is no excuse to act like that when your performance on the field is that bad.

Same reason why they wanted Brunell over JC. They will always support the incumbent starter. Thats just protocol. Have you ever heard of any players supporting a backup over the starter when permanant change hasn't been made?

/thread

Why would a player risk the locker room and his reputation by calling for somebody else? Support the starter.

JC is a nice guy, and the team knows it and the fans know it. But actually choosing TC over JC would completely shatter JC's confidence, and he would be even more worthless as time goes on.

But it is a game, and the main reason to play is to "play to win the game", as pointed out by so many.

There will HAVE to be a time when JC and the Skins part ways, so does it really matter if it is mid-season or after the season is over?

Being that TC was thrown in the game without practicing with the 1st stringers doesn't mean that he sucks as bad or worse than JC, but let TC get the reps for a few weeks and see if anything comes of it.

Its not a big issue anymore; the season is almost completely gone now,{ playoff-speaking} so why not experiment with TC?

Teammates will support JC or TC, whoever is in there producing; JC's ego and confidence should not prevent another player from getting his chances...

Then, to use the new, ridiculous term that's been banded around here lately at those that question him, anyone doing that most certainly has an "agenda."

Outside of one disappointing episode this past off-season when he fell back on the race card, Jason's character and work ethic has never been anything short of exemplary through his time here.

Justifiably critique his play on the field, but not the man off it.

Hail.

I don't think I ever heard these quotes and am shocked to read this.

What exactly did he say?

I don't think I ever heard these quotes and am shocked to read this.

What exactly did he say?

It was after the Cutler talks had died down. I forget whom he gave the interview to, but he brought up the race b/s in this day and age about how much harder it is for black QB's, and how they and he were judged by a different criteria to white QB's. In effect saying he was getting all the criticism more on the colour of his skin than his on field play, or lack there of.

Sure you'll find it if you did a search. I certainly posted a few things on it. There was a heated thread on it at the time as it was so out of character and disapointing to hear from him.

Hail.

We can argue what we think about Campbell all day. Some of us like him, some of us hate him, but all of us know he has not lived up to our hopes, at least not yet.

However, it seems every player we have wants Campbell to be the starter. I don't want to hear why YOU want/don't want Campbell to start. I want to hear legitimate reasons for why the players want Campbell to be the starter. Is it because they want continuity? Is it because they know how to adjust to his throws better? Is it because Moss and Cooley think the ball is more likely to come their way with Campbell?

Is it because they think Collins is too old? Is it because Campbell is acting as a good scapegoat, taking heat off of our receivers?

Why do the players want Campbell over Collins? Again - I don't want to hear why Sherm Lewis, Jim Zorn, Vinny Cerrato, or you have certain opinions about Campbell. Why do the PLAYERS want him?

because he is the leader of this team. the team knows he isn't the heart of the teams' problems and they want to rally behind him.

It was after the Cutler talks had died down. I forget whom he gave the interview to, but he brought up the race b/s in this day and age about how much harder it is for black QB's, and how they and he were judged by a different criteria to white QB's. In effect saying he was getting all the criticism more on the colour of his skin than his on field play, or lack there of.

Sure you'll find it if you did a search. I certainly posted a few things on it. There was a heated thread on it at the time as it was so out of character and disapointing to hear from him.

Hail.

I honestly can't find it when I'm searching.

I believe you but I'd love to read the interview/quote for myself - I'm so surprised to hear about this - especially because he basically said McNabb was wrong when he said the same thing a few years back.

I honestly can't find it when I'm searching.

I believe you but I'd love to read the interview/quote for myself - I'm so surprised to hear about this - especially because he basically said McNabb was wrong when he said the same thing a few years back.

I'll search myself for you bud later.

I've a few things to do, but keep checking back.

Hail.

The players don't give a damn about the color of their QB. JC is technically more sound at the position. He has a stronger arm. He is a more accurate passer and dispite what all of us fans may assume, JC reads a defense better then Collins. That being said, JC is a solid backup and not good enough to be a starter in this league but he is the best that we have.

However, it seems every player we have wants Campbell to be the starter.

Kind of a misleading thread here. Titled "Why do the PLAYERS want Campbell over Collins?" with no player quotes or references for each player. Just what it seems to be through one Fan's eyes.

Anyway, if I comment any further I believe the ghost of my Journalism Instructor from College days may haunt me.

Almost everybody wants Jason Campbell to succeed.

He is one of the greatest underachievers ever on the Redskins, given his extraordinary physical capabilities. An enigma.

This Spring, Campbell mentioned that "inner dragon" which I thought we would have seen by now. So, maybe, just maybe, the inner dragon will be released now. Maybe the players want to see if it exists.

If Campbell's self-described "inner dragon" doesn't come out on Monday, well, then maybe he's holding out for halloween.

Archived