Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Scouting 2 TEs and 1 LB

SkinsNumberOne

Take this for what it's worth, but during today's Iowa Wisconsin game they spoke to a scout in the stands. They said it was a Redskins scout, and he was scouting 2 tight ends and a linebacker.

I guess that makes sense. We do badly need a tight end.

It did sound like they were more keen on the linebacker, but you know, just in case BPA is the tight end, we're ready... haha. :(

I am not sure. I mean, I think the Redskins scouting machine is pretty large, which is why I had the caveat of "Take this for what it's worth" but it was depressing to hear.

I think maybe I'm just going to tell myself the scout was doing a smokescreen and he was just saying tight ends for the heck of it. I mean, those two teams are in the Big-10, and typically have big, solid OL. So, yeah, it was all a smokescreen. Repeat after me, we're going after OL, we're going after OL... that's better...

You realize NFL teams have a lot of scouts right? It's possible that in this particular game there weren't OL we would be interested in.

Yeah if there the same guys when been using the past couple years I wouldn't put to much faith in them, Brian Bulaga anyone?.

EDIT:lol alwaysaskin beat me to it

it's just due diligence... there isn't a team out there, no matter how stacked they are at a position, that doesn't send scouts out to evaluate all positions... teams have to be prepared to field trade offers in countless situations and these reports are what they have to go on... now if we drafted a TE in the first round...

Here is the linebacker they were looking at I think, because the announcers were talking about him when this conversation with the Redskins scout came up.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/5344/schofield-provides-jolt-for-wisconsin-defense

Looks good I guess. I am still rocking back and forth on the OL though... OL... OL...

He's provided the spark after moving to DE, if we want Orakpo's hand in the dirt we need a Linebacker not another converted DE

He's provided the spark after moving to DE, if we want Orakpo's hand in the dirt we need a Linebacker not another converted DE

Good point. I just looked up his name and found an article on him. I didn't look closely at the article.

For what it's worth, today he appeared to be standing but I didn't see much of this game. My brother said that he looked like he was playing LB but we're not sure.

*Actually, if the Redskins are scouting this guy (which is what the announcer said, he spoke to the Redskins scout and they talked about how they were scouting 2 TEs and 1 LB, and this was brought up in context about Schofield), that is a bit disconcerting maybe.

Good point. I just looked up his name and found an article on him. I didn't look closely at the article.

For what it's worth, today he appeared to be standing but I didn't see much of this game. My brother said that he looked like he was playing LB but we're not sure.

*Actually, if the Redskins are scouting this guy (which is what the announcer said, he spoke to the Redskins scout and they talked about how they were scouting 2 TEs and 1 LB, and this was brought up in context about Schofield), that is a bit disconcerting maybe.

Yeah I agree, we do not need more DE's, we're having a problem getting Jarmon on the field because Andre Carter has been playing well, I wish it was Angerer, he's a hell of a linebacker, he siglehandedly won the Penn state Game for the Hawkeyes

P.S. Both Yoder and Sellers are getting long in the tooth

there aren't any other "blocking" TE/FB's on the Roster..... so the thoughts of the Skins looking at TE either as a TE or blocking H-back/FB isn't absurd to think about.

besides not only drafted players are scouted.... but many UDFA are targeted by scouts... or practice squad players to develop

P.S. Both Yoder and Sellers are getting long in the tooth

there aren't any other "blocking" TE/FB's on the Roster..... so the thoughts of the Skins looking at TE either as a TE or blocking H-back/FB isn't absurd to think about.

besides not only drafted players are scouted.... but many UDFA are targeted by scouts... or practice squad players to develop

Not speaking for everyone else, but this was more just reminiscent of a bad memory.

Also, Iowa and Wisconsin are two big-10 teams that routinely churn out great OL. Others have thrown out an impressive OL name already that they knew, but I didn't. But those corn fed big-10 teams do have a tendency to get some strong guys up front.

Archived