Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Steinberg: Cerrato Speaks

Riggo#44

I dont think its all that bad......wether you want him to or not.......hes just not going to rip the team on the radio, and I prefer it that way.

Should he be on the radio? No.

How could he rip a team he built? That would be the same as admitting that he really doesn't have a clue and he is a complete idiot!:point2sky

First off, the "mess" Gibbs left Vinny was a playoff team and a full slate of draft picks in the upcoming draft. OH-THE-HORROR!

Vinny (and Danny) not being able to reload this team is the problem. Not an excuse.

We're currently on year two of "V&D III". "V&D I" ran from 1999 to 2000. "V&D II" ran from 2002 to 2003. The results from the first two runs Vinny and Danny had were disasters. This time around isn't looking any better.

Ding ding ding!!

You make it sound like the plan was to have our STARTING RT as the back-up LT. That was not the plan I hope. If that was the plan then you have helped prove the point that there was no plan. A starting player in your line-up is NEVER supposed to be your back-up plan. So the starting RT is now the LT and the RG from last game (making his 1st start) is the RT and some UDFA is the RG?

Great plan!

I think there are a lot of people in the organization who wanted Mike Williams to win the RT position. That was pretty obvious.

As a long-term replacement, Heyer is the best option on the roster, if just that he has the most experience playing LT on this team.

First off, the "mess" Gibbs left Vinny was a playoff team and a full slate of draft picks in the upcoming draft. OH-THE-HORROR!

Vinny (and Danny) not being able to reload this team is the problem. Not an excuse.

We're currently on year two of "V&D III". "V&D I" ran from 1999 to 2000. "V&D II" ran from 2002 to 2003. The results from the first two runs Vinny and Danny had were disasters. This time around isn't looking any better.

Exactly. Well stated.

OMG,.. the only thing revealed in that piece, is how biased, and slanted the writer is towards the Redskins(Vinny).

No actually it revealed that they know that the defense is going a great job and that he didn't even want to speak about the offense.

Now that they have the silencer on Blache I wonder who the next HC will be?

I put money on Blache after the bye and Collins starts the rest of the year.

You make it sound like the plan was to have our STARTING RT as the back-up LT. That was not the plan I hope. If that was the plan then you have helped prove the point that there was no plan. A starting player in your line-up is NEVER supposed to be your back-up plan. So the starting RT is now the LT and the RG from last game (making his 1st start) is the RT and some UDFA is the RG?

Great plan!

Umm Yeah, under Danny and Vinny that was the plan. Seriously somewhere a village is missing its idiots with those two

I think there are a lot of people in the organization who wanted Mike Williams to win the RT position. That was pretty obvious.

As a long-term replacement, Heyer is the best option on the roster, if just that he has the most experience playing LT on this team.

I dont have a problem with Heyer being a back-up tackle. What does concern me is the admittedly obvious desire by many for BMW to win the RT job.

That is not a plan with a high percentage of success in my opinion. We pick our RT off a couch, 100 lbs overweight. We pick an offensive consultant our of a bingo parlor. These are the moves of a laughingstock, moves that in theory sounds great, like a Disney movie, but in reality turn out to be comical pursuits in failure. No competent franchise would put their hopes on BMW. Only the V&D Redskins. It's painful at this point the people who still won't accept that the ownership and front office leadership is inadequate to build a complete team.

How can anyone defend them still?

I got a very different impression from Steinberg's article. It's another example of why I've come to loathe media coverage -- IMO most of these 'journalists' have less principles than politicians.

The media goes into this shocked, "Who Me??" routine when they get called out for what they ARE doing -- trying to create the news rather than report. Then the media goes into self-defense mode -- putting lipstick on their behavior and twisting the original accusations to point the finger elsewhere.

Ironically, after Steinberg's 'smarmy' self-defense, this guy then acts in a way that undercuts the very argument he was trying to sell us!

Frankly his intro was just a tactic to pave the way for the rest of this guy's article -- a sneaky style of negative reporting more befitting of Saturday Night Live. I particularly find it patronizing, how Steinberg decides he needs to tell me what I should think from each snippet of Cerrato's statement, text I'd read just seconds ago. Wasn't thinking and interpreting supposed to be MY job? .... Oh yeah, and who gets to put 'italics' under the reporter's italics? -- No one, apparently because Steinberg's words are never wrong or misleading?? :doh::doh::doh:

So, this was just a new packaging for the old 'cheap shot journalism.' Don't fall for it, and don't let yourself be manipulated by it. ...But many will, and that's what these media folks are counting on.

Now, I wasn't expecting anything specific from the Skins FO -- they are under seige from the histrioncs the media has created regarding poor play of a team still trying to find its new identity in the post-Gibbs era. The FO is justifiably reluctant to give the media anymore ammunition since the media lives for creating controversy that will better sell their yellow-journalist coverage. But it's only natural that Skins are tired of being used by these folks and are now starting to call out the media for their tactics.

Consequently, I wasn't expecting candor. Rather I expected something about just how Cerrato tried to keep focus on the positive, and to stay more 'vague' on areas where the team is having problems. Considering the media's behavior -- most of us would have done the same.

Hey, if the media wants more tough candor, maybe they need to offer up some themselves -- and admit to folks that ...all they wanted was to create a story. And then, unlike Steinberg's tactic of just paying lip service and falling back to the same old ways -- the media should actually try mend their ways and just report news rather than always trying to create it. Yeah sure that's going to happen, un-hunh ... yah, right! :cool: ;) :cool: :cool: ;)

...Time for the media to wipe off all that lipstick, because we already can see their snouts underneath.

EXACTLY.

Gibbs left behind a great team and Vinny has let it crumble.

We had TWO offseasons to prepare for an aging and thin line. THREE second round picks two years ago??? for what? No lineman then and no linemen in this past draft.

Considering Vinny's plan has gone on for only two years so far, he's kinda in the position for cleaning up some of the mess that Gibbs left him. Remember, Before 2008, it was Gibbs' plan and Vinny was there to implement it.

What "mess" did Gibbs leave? A playoff team... and THREE second rounders going into a draft...

Vinny let this team crumble by not addressing the aging and thin o-line over two seasons...

What "mess" did Gibbs leave? A playoff team... and THREE second rounders going into a draft...

Vinny let this team crumble by not addressing the aging and thin o-line over two seasons...

The lines should have been addressed btween 5 and 8 years ago not after gibbs left

The lines should have been addressed btween 5 and 8 years ago not after gibbs left
Agreed. just so we're clear, 5 to 8 years ago you're mainly talking about Vinny and Danny failing again.

Gibbs was 2-6 years ago. And his offense line was good enough for a playoff berth in the end.

Archived