Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Coach? I want a screamer

Dat Moss

When I think of it from a logical point of view who wants to come to the Redskins right now? The team and organization is in complete disarray and unstable as hell.

Why would Gruden, Shanahan,etc want to come to a place in complete chaos?

I mean if I put the B&G glasses back on I can see but if you take them off I just can't see it.

When I think of it from a logical point of view who wants to come to the Redskins right now? The team and organization is in complete disarray and unstable as hell.

Why would Gruden, Shanahan,etc want to come to a place in complete chaos?

I mean if I put the B&G glasses back on I can see but if you take them off I just can't see it.

Well when you have a coach that will bring emotion and the fire to win, the team wont quit 5 games into the season.

When you have one that says" oo Gee we lost were gonna have to try to execute better next time, but its ok" then you have a team that will quit

Well when you have a coach that will bring emotion and the fire to win, the team wont quit 5 games into the season.

When you have one that says" oo Gee we lost were gonna have to try to execute better next time, but its ok" then you have a team that will quit

I think his point (which I tend to agree with unfortunately) is that we don't have the luxury of picking and choosing from the best candidates. The best candidates have options, and right now Mr. Snyder has us very low on the totem pole of teams to play for.

I don't see that changing anytime soon.

All the things Singletary says in his press conference are exactly what you want your coach and your team to be about, but I think there are many teams that accomplish this without the screaming. A screaming coach makes the press conferences a lot more interesting and even the games are fun to watch if there's a chance he'll do something unusual on the sidelines ( Mike Ditka slapping the clipboard out of his assistant's hand back in the late 80's comes to mind ).

In the end though, those sideline histrionics and sound-bytes are meaningless if the coach can't optimze the performance of his team. Quite frankly, I don't think there's any correlation at all between a coach's demeanor and level of play of his team on the field.

I think his point (which I tend to agree with unfortunately) is that we don't have the luxury of picking and choosing from the best candidates. The best candidates have options, and right now Mr. Snyder has us very low on the totem pole of teams to play for.

I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Oo yea for sure, I highly doubt we will get a big name. But like i said in the OP i dont care if its a big name or Johny Fresh Face, Just have some emotion in your soul.

Sometimes i think Zorn needs his Pulse checked on the sidlelines

Oo yea for sure, I highly doubt we will get a big name. But like i said in the OP i dont care if its a big name or Johny Fresh Face, Just have some emotion in your soul.

I think I've seen him get into it.

I'm not sure he knows the image he needs to project as head coach though. For example, on week 1 he looked ridiculously relieved when they scored on the fake field goal. If the team is looking at him at that time, that doesn't do a lot for their confidence.

I think Zorn has a lot to learn about head coaching. I'm not sure he'll have the time here to do it.

As long as Snyder is the owner, the GM and head coach have to have a lot of political skill. Both in dealing with Snyder himself and in dealing with the entitled millionaire's that Snyder has picked as his favorites. Can you see Mike Singletary being able to banish Clinton Portis to the locker room in the middle of a game?

I dont know about that. Zorn has been freaking out on the sidelines. Yes he's still keeping it more medium but I've seen him freaking out different times. He's yelling at everyone from the refs to Campbell. I think he's getting desperate though which is why he's beginning to snap.

sports illustrated has a good article in this weeks issue about the new crop of "screamers" (macdaniels, mangini, and the guy at kansas city) and some of their ridiculous antics and "leadership" tactics... it's all a bunch of rubbish to me... the article makes a great point of illustrating these guys come from X's and O's backgrounds but have not learned how to manage or lead men...

like most jobs though, those in a position of management infrequently are trained or competent to manage effectively... what should be considered one of the most important qualities (the ability and skills to lead) is often taken for granted based on technical performance, and unfortunately the two rarely have anything to do with each other...

I just want somebody young, hungry, and full of fresh ideas. Not some old, semi-retired guy like Shanahan or Holmgren. Most of the teams doing well in the league have young, talented new faces. We need the same, not some big name has-been.

And... it almost goes without saying- CERRATO HAS TO GO!! <so does Dan, but that's not gonna happen, unfortunately>

This. The average age for a Superbowl winning coach is 48.8. The median age is 49. 70% of Superbowl winning coaches were 50 or younger at the time they won the Superbowl.

Holmgren is 61. If we hired him he'd be 62 next year. Only 1 coach that old has ever won the Superbowl. Dick Vermeil. That's 2.3%, rarified air.

Shanahan is 57. If we hired him he'd be 58 next year. Only 3 coaches that old have won the Superbowl. Weeb Eubank, Dick Vermeil and Tom Coughlin. Only 7%.

Personally, I'd go with the 70% over the 7%.

For those wondering, Chucky is 46 and would be 47 next year.

I agree. We need a coach who's not afraid to punch someone in the mouth.

I heard an interesting thing the other day on the Mike and Mike show. They said that basically every team in the NFL is filled with elite (spoiled) talent. Yes even Oakland! But it's how the HC can motivate these spoiled athletes to play. If you look at the job Mike Singletary has done in SF and how he's turned that roster into a team that is competetive every week, you'll see that, that is exactly what we need.

i want the same

i watch josh mcdaniels after the victory over the pats and i said to myself that is what i want in the next redskins caoch..imagine if zorn did that fans would throw shoes at his lame duck self...

a leder of men can like a singletary, cowher, tomlin, can make a average to below average team competive

Well, all those men you listed have competent GMs and FOs...

McDaniels, well, I really give that guy a lotta credit. He's turned Kyle Orton into much more than a mere "game manager". Orton has taken his game to a new level while Tom Brady, injuries aside, has been less than sharp in attacking defenses.

Denver is playing in a new offensive system, new QB, new starting RB, new defensive system, and they are getting it done.

The biggest difference between Zorn and Josh McD is that young Josh actually had called several, several NFL games before and actually devised gameplans in the NFL...

Unlike Zorn, who had never done anything more than train QBs. Everyone knew Holmgren is the real offensive dictator in Seattle. What a train wreck we are to pluck this guy to run our team.

Tomorrow is the Texas/OU football game that is always fun to watch. The Texas coach is named Munschamp and he is fiery. Completely into the game and on his players. Cheering for good things and ass-chewing for bad things. And I think he is under 40. If you want a guy like that, maybe we could poach him.

Archived