Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Coach? I want a screamer

Dat Moss

I been reading how we are going to get a new coach soon for 2 weeks now, everyone on here has a different reason for which coach they would want. Sooo, I been thinking a little do I want an offensive or defensive coach, A big name or a fresh face?

My conclusion is that I dont care about the coaches strategy or schemes, I just want the next guy on our sidelines to be a screamer. If players are messing up get in their face and let them know they are messing up. This staying medium crab is killing me, Its a game of emotion and the skins have none.

My front runners would obviously be Gruden and Cowher,there would be nothing like watching one of our overpaid "stars" come off the field after missing an assignment and having to see Grudens Chucky face going nuts, or Cowhers lip sticking out as he spits all over you while screaming in your face.

Please, Please someone bring fire to this team

HAIL!

Haha il take a Ryan as a coach... seriously il take anyone at this point as long as the guy has some form of emotion. I do likze zorn but he has the deer in headlights look when things go wrong, the guys i mentioned react in those moments and get results

Ive been saying the same thing for weeks..... And I think you nailed it....

Big name or not, I want some friggin EMOTION.... Mike Tomlin has Emotion, Josh McDaniels has emotion, Singletery has emotion.....

This is not Seattle, this is punch you in the face NFCE. And atleast half of our players need brought down a notch...

NO MORE EASY TRAINING CAMPS!!!!!

Yea seriously, as a player if i knew I was gonna be battling the NFCE foes 6 times in a season, Id want a hard training camp to prepare me for those battles. You play cupcake football all summer you get cupcake results in the Fall and Winter.

Lets see portis tell Cowher or Gruden Hes not practicing.....

What difference does it make if the guy yells and screams?

That wears pretty thin after a while.

I just want a guy chosen by a competent GM and FO that can win football games and Superbowls

Exactly -- this is a poorly constructed team that NO ONE can win with. The offensive line, even when healthy, has been terrible.

I am not a fan of Zorn, however, Cerrato is the one mostly responsible for this mess.

Another coach, while definitely needed, would merely be a band-aid on the gushing wound this franchise has become. Until we undergo a Cerratoectomy, this team will do no better then to luck into the occasional 10-6, 1-and-done playoff season.

That might be all well and good for people like Boswell, and some of the other delusional homers, but not for me.

I just want somebody young, hungry, and full of fresh ideas. Not some old, semi-retired guy like Shanahan or Holmgren. Most of the teams doing well in the league have young, talented new faces. We need the same, not some big name has-been.

And... it almost goes without saying- CERRATO HAS TO GO!! <so does Dan, but that's not gonna happen, unfortunately>

I just want somebody young, hungry, and full of fresh ideas. Not some old, semi-retired guy like Shanahan. Most of the teams doing well in the league have young, talented new faces. We need the same, not some big name has-been.
Unreal how everyone wants to continue the same crap that Snyder has pulled for 10 years (minus Zorn, which obviously was a huge mistake). Cowher is not going to be here in 5 years anyway. Get some blood who will be here for the long haul.

I guess everyone forgot the hard training camp Zorn put the guys through last season?

The team was exhausted by the Pittsburgh game.

Let me tell you something that is BS.... these players a babys, how do you get exhausted you practice 3 days a week and play 1 game. If they are exhausted our Strength and Conditiong coaches need to be replaced.

Its sickening to think that these guys make millions of dollars each year and they get exhausted through half a season.. I know guys that work twice as hard as these fools for 60 hours a week 52 weeks a year and i dont hear them crying they are tired.

That was the players excuse last year for falling apart, and Zorn went with it because it kinf of let him off the hook as well. So he changed his philosophy and made camp easy. So now what are we exhausted week one, or did we never get in shape in the first place and now we are getting spanked for it blowing fourth quarter leads?

What difference does it make if the guy yells and screams?

That wears pretty thin after a while.

I just want a guy chosen by a competent GM and FO that can win football games and Superbowls

Well this would obviously be the ideal, but failing that I'd at least like to have some entertaining sound bytes.

We've had some very unenentertaining losers here. At least end that streak and give us a guy who can put us on the map of sound byte coaches.

By the way, I tend to disagree with Boswell on this, but he said something similar when he complained that Zorn starts press conferences with "Hi, Guys" all the time and didn't show any passion. Looks like he would also at least prefer a sound-bye loser.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_13024611

His news conferences were remixed into radio ads. T-shirts at training camp Saturday read, "Don't tell me. Show me" — a line lifted from one of Singletary's first locker-room speeches.

Other phrases are already etched into the fan lexicon.

"I want winners!"

"Physical with an 'F'"

"I'm not a moral victory type of guy."

My other favorite Singletary-ism is "I know one thing, football is a contact sport"

Players didn't respond to Gruden's screaming...quite the opposite.

Having said that, i would like a coach who gets angry and lets the players know, but from an accoutability stand point. Zorn is at the opposite spectrum where he makes excuses as suppose to last year when he was blaming everyone but him.

We need a coach that is not afraid to point blame when necessary but knows how to do so. Using the media isn't the smartest. He should also be able to take it on himself without creating excuses.

Coaching personalities I like today are Singletary, Tomlin, Rex Ryan, Childress, and Mike Smith.

I guess everyone forgot the hard training camp Zorn put the guys through last season?

The team was exhausted by the Pittsburgh game.

Let me tell you something that is BS.... these players a babys, how do you get exhausted you practice 3 days a week and play 1 game. If they are exhausted our Strength and Conditiong coaches need to be replaced.

Its sickening to think that these guys make millions of dollars each year and they get exhausted through half a season.. I know guys that work twice as hard as these fools for 60 hours a week 52 weeks a year and i dont hear them crying they are tired.

That was the players excuse last year for falling apart, and Zorn went with it because it kinf of let him off the hook as well. So he changed his philosophy and made camp easy. So now what are we exhausted week one, or did we never get in shape in the first place and now we are getting spanked for it blowing fourth quarter leads?

You know, I usually really don't like it when "normal" people complain about the millions players get and assume that means they should "work for the millions" or whatever. They get the millions because that is how the market works, plain and simple (and obviously there is a union and other things involved, but it's still market forces at work).

That said, I do think that the "they ran out of gas" by Pitts is pathetic. Coughlin worked his players hard, the players complained, and Coughlin got upset and laid down the law. This team is playing without good leadership. I'm not sure if I'd call it uninspired, as much as simply sloppy and poor. That could be missing inspiration, it could be poor preparation, but either way those are things I primarily look at the Head Coach to provide for the whole team.

I don't know, I just don't think this city has the patience (or more importantly the owner) for a new coach to learn his trade. The new coach has to be prepared for the role, or chances are he's not going to get a chance to grow into it. In year 2, it feels like Zorn still doesn't have head coaching and all that it entails down. Give him another year or two, he could develop, but I doubt Mr. Snyder has the patience for it.

Singletary got a dam hill built in their practice facility so he could make his players run it. These guys are not complaining about being tired and worn out, they are the best they have been in a while.
Just wait until December when the 49ers go 4-0 and Haynesworth has pulled his final muscle. It's so funny how nobody ever points out conditioning as a possibility of last year's late season failure. People always thought Gibb's was a master of December due to brains, when it was 95% conditioning.

You know, I usually really don't like it when "normal" people complain about the millions players get and assume that means they should "work for the millions" or whatever. They get the millions because that is how the market works, plain and simple (and obviously there is a union and other things involved, but it's still market forces at work).

That said, I do think that the "they ran out of gas" by Pitts is pathetic. Coughlin worked his players hard, the players complained, and Coughlin got upset and laid down the law. This team is playing without good leadership. I'm not sure if I'd call it uninspired, as much as simply sloppy and poor. That could be missing inspiration, it could be poor preparation, but either way those are things I primarily look at the Head Coach to provide for the whole team.

I don't know, I just don't think this city has the patience (or more importantly the owner) for a new coach to learn his trade. The new coach has to be prepared for the role, or chances are he's not going to get a chance to grow into it. In year 2, it feels like Zorn still doesn't have head coaching and all that it entails down. Give him another year or two, he could develop, but I doubt Mr. Snyder has the patience for it.

I'm not complaining about them making millions hey they are good enough good for them, I'm Just saying dont complain that you are worn out like you got it bad or something. Man up and practice and play hard for your money. This we were worn out BS is EMBARRESING

Archived