Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Should Dan Snyder Publicly Address Redskins Nation?

NattyLight

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

On the heals of players saying that Snyder should publicly endorse Jim Zorn as the head football coach, the team in utter disarray with top-down speculation, and presumptions of a lost season in WEEK 5! Should Dan Snyder engage the emergency brake on his segway and address the community?

Not will he, nor should he address a given issue that has polluted this messageboard and local media. In your opinion should he come out, go on record for his intentions and be candid with the fans, or keep it in house? Or is that NOT his responsibility? Should these actions be delegated (or ignored) by others in the organization.

At this juncture, since the Jackals think the world is ending, is there anything Dan Snyder can say to get the morale of the fan base back to normal, ie slightly above suicide, or even optimistic? Or do you want him to die by way of tire-fire?

I actually think that if he 1) acknowledged that he hears the criticism of the fans, 2) stated that he values and respects their opinions and their passion for the team, and 3) pledged to examine every aspect of how he runs the organization in an effort to restore a winning tradition, he would buy himself a year or two of grace and possibly sell some more season tickets. I think a lot of the bitterness towards him is the result of him being so dismissive and frankly, unresponsive whenever anyone in the media asks him about the complaints the fans have about him.

Ultimately, he still has to prove that he's committed to long-term planning and team building but I believe if he took that first step and addressed the fans directly, then followed it up with a successful organizational restructuring, he would be a beloved figure in Washington. Sounds crazy to even say right now, but I believe it to be true. Sports fans can be fickle and we'll forgive just about anything.

Now, do I think he'll do it? Absolutely not.

I said no.

I don't need him to address the public, I need him to put a winning product on the field. I'd rather he not be heard, and only seen once a year, hoisting the trophy in the locker room, and that's it.

Edit: Furthermore. Acknowledging the public sentiment, is to manage by public opinion. Managing like a fan. I want this team managed by a cold heartless professional, not an emotional fan.

I voted yes. Only because I think he has an opportunity he has to prove to me that he's actually a conscience human being. I believe that if he came out, fielded the same questions that every level of his organization has fielded...from Zorn, to Campbell, to Batiste, to Sellers...it would show a commitment to the product he has on the field.

My primary issue: the Skins don't know who or what they're playing for anymore. Is it Zorn? Eh, probably not. Is it the Skins legacy that was instituted by Cook? Ugh. Is it the fans who get spoon fed bull**** day in and day out by an over critical media? Shoot me in the face. Point being, there's a certain power there that can instill a universal vote of confidence if delivered properly. To watch this guy completely punt and outwardly IGNORE a community of millions (in my "humble" estimation) is ****ing deplorable. Especially given the fact that we are the reason the Redskins are a lifestyle; a meaning to get up on Sundays extra early to mow the lawn, do an extra load of laundry, or get all the other bull**** out of the way, so we can have 3.5 hours to yell, scream, curse, laugh, high-five, drink beer, or otherwise have something to look forward to.

Say something you dirty mother****er. Say SOMETHING! Make me feel like you're not a spawn of Satan. **** it, bow up and tell me you're "the" ****ing fan, as you claim to be. I'm not asking for a goddamn apology or anything, just some a little recognition of existence would be nice.

I would say just the opposite. What we don't need is some public statement that's full of windy rhetoric and half-truths, which is what we would get if Snyder actually did address the fans. What we need is solid, organized planning that makes sense from a football operations standpoint.

It would be sort of silly to address the fans. Even though this team looks headed nowhere, in theory the Redskins have more than enough time to right the ship and make the playoffs. Not saying I think that will happen, but in any case, 2-3 is not the time to make some dramatic address. That would show weakness IMO.

The less you hear from an owner, the better. If there is some sort of tragic event involving the team that effects whole community, then the owner should probably make some sort of official statement. Otherwise, an NFL owner's job description is pretty simple: hire the best football man you can get, write the checks, hold people accountable, and stay the hell out of the way.

I would say just the opposite. What we don't need is some public statement that's full of windy rhetoric and half-truths, which is what we would get if Snyder actually did address the fans. What we need is solid, organized planning that makes sense from a football operations standpoint.

It would be sort of silly to address the fans. Even though this team looks headed nowhere, in theory the Redskins have more than enough time to right the ship and make the playoffs. Not saying I think that will happen, but in any case, 2-3 is not the time to make some dramatic address. That would show weakness IMO.

The less you hear from an owner, the better. If there is some sort of tragic event involving the team that effects whole community, then the owner should probably make some sort of official statement. Otherwise, an NFL owner's job description is pretty simple: hire the best football man you can get, write the checks, hold people accountable, and stay the hell out of the way.

This is a lucid post, and in theory (and perfect practice) I agree with you. 100%. However, in-house smoke and mirrors / rumors that are going on WHILST 2-3 (again COMPLETELY AGREE, nowhere NEAR the end of the season) are proving to be distractions and could very well impede any and ALL success this season. Let's get real. Very few people want Dan to own this team, right? Too bad, right? HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE Dan, at least to where fans aren't booing you for winning and being related to Beelzebub. Squash that ****, let's play some ****ing football and win some games.

If dan snyder shows his face in public someone needs to snipe him

Hi there. :)

Whatever, you're all thinkin it.

No, not all of us. In fact, I'm thinking something different.

Super sensitive much?

I'm thinking that if this is all you have to offer, then this isn't the place for you. And I'm ok with that.:)

Whatever, you're all thinkin it.

This might be hard for you to comprehend, if your on as a guest reading this, but some of us don't wish death on ANYONE, no matter what issues we may or may not have with them. It's called being a decent human being. Something you may want to address before you get much older because that type of thinking at such a tender age is MORE than a cause for concern.

You've WAY bigger issues than Snyder could ever throw your way buddy, and I'm just glad the mods have acted and we won't have to read about them on here in the future.

Hail.

Adam Shefter said this yesterday, and it got me thinking. He said anything Snyder said would be misconstrued, argued and the debate wouldn't end....but just win and things are fine. I get that.

But he also wondered why fans in Oakland aren't clamoring for Davis to say something, fans in Buffalo aren't clamoring for Wilson to say something, fans in St. Louis are clamoring for the Rams ownership to say something....and so on.

He's right. Why have we decided that an owner that we accuse of meddling and being too involved in football affairs must now give a coach a vote of confidence. Winning is the only vote of confidence.

Archived