Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny Loves Green, Give him Green (Green Monday)

GoSkins561

So would that be the 1st year of Gibbs?

I was there, it wasn't that bad as matter of fact, there was a drastic improvement. If I remember correctly it was a Sunday night game.

I am assuming you are going next Monday night?

I understand where you are coming from, especially as a season ticket holder. I see how you wouldn't want other teams fans sitting in your seats. The Steelers game was nothing compared to what you are going to experience, especially if the Skins are getting whipped.

I went to Philly last year, I have had worse experiences with Philly fans at Fed Ex than I did at the link. Which leads me to my point and I have said this before. If the fans participate and the take over of Fed Ex pisses the dan off, then we as fans look like true fans protesting against the ownership. On the other hand if it's 65 percent Eagles fans, 45 percent skins fans, our fan base looks like crap. Either way I don't care, I just thought we could take advantage of an already bad situation.

Think about it, hopefully the fans will still be loud on defense, I know they will cheer when they score, but where are the Redskins fans. You are not giving up on the team, we are doing something bigger as solid fan base.

Carpe Diem

Yeah I'll be there next Monday night, and I'll either be wearing my burgundy Campbell or Portis jersey. (And I've seen them play in Philly as well.) I do care what people think and say about the fans. As I said, I've been to as many games at FedEx as anyone else, but I've never been there when there have been more away fans than Skins fans. There've been games when there's been a large away fan presence, but not more, and I don't think this game will be any exception.

actually if you're going to wear green the eagles game wouldn't be ideal. I'd say the chiefs game is better. You want to wear the colors when they will stand out. The chiefs fans will wear red or white. Green would stand out?

The symbolic reasoning behind turning the stadium green would be to show Dan Snyder he is losing the fan base. The reason why the Eagles game is a good game to take advantage of wearing green is

1. it's a primetime game, and Dan Snyder will be completely embarrassed if it loks like no fans are there. 2. Eagles fans are going to make up at least half of Fed Ex anyway, making the stadium majority green a lot easier to accomplish.

The symbolic reasoning behind turning the stadium green would be to show Dan Snyder he is losing the fan base. The reason why the Eagles game is a good game to take advantage of wearing green is

1. it's a primetime game, and Dan Snyder will be completely embarrassed if it loks like no fans are there. 2. Eagles fans are going to make up at least half of Fed Ex anyway, making the stadium majority green a lot easier to accomplish.

I am laughinh at your gifs.. the redskins flag upside down.. yes truly we are in a state of emergency

I rather die then ware green at fedex

Hey I prefer not going to games at all until Dan Snyder changes his way of doing business. For those who have season tickets to this game and have no other option but to go, this could be used as a form of protest, and you can still support the team, just not Dan Snyder. :)

Is still have my loyalties to this team, I will wear my B&G and scream at my T.V. but lets face it, The Redskins will never win a Super Bowl under The Dan in this current front office structure. I hate advertising what brand og clothing I am wearing, if Dan wants to treat this like a business, I will not be seen in public promoting this mans business.

Yeah I'll be there next Monday night, and I'll either be wearing my burgundy Campbell or Portis jersey. (And I've seen them play in Philly as well.) I do care what people think and say about the fans. As I said, I've been to as many games at FedEx as anyone else, but I've never been there when there have been more away fans than Skins fans. There've been games when there's been a large away fan presence, but not more, and I don't think this game will be any exception.

You have'nt been to a monday night Eagles game pre or post Joe Gibbs. If the Eagles jump ahead and Skins fans roll out, Fly Eagles Fly will be drowning out any cheers from Redskins fans. Been there, done that, I was blaming Snyder then and I am blaming Snyder now.

You have'nt been to a monday night Eagles game pre or post Joe Gibbs. If the Eagles jump ahead and Skins fans roll out, Fly Eagles Fly will be drowning out any cheers from Redskins fans. Been there, done that, I was blaming Snyder then and I am blaming Snyder now.

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

About blaming Snyder?

I remember the first game I started cussing Snyder, it was against the Bucs when Lavar picked for six. Remember Danny boy telling Norv who to play?? That was during the Norv days, which was pre Spurrier, so what are your b.s. flags about.

are you effing serious?

this is beyond embarassing...

you WANT Eagles fans to take over Fedex?

WTF is going on?

losers.

this is the worst idea ever.

im embarrassed to be associated with the clowns that support this idea.

Agree's with him, it's a total shame to us fans, not this organization :doh:

Do they think this team doesn't want to win? When someone or something you love is down, you support them, not betray them :chair:

If they are about the the Eagles drownin out Redskins, you must have been a good fan and either left early or fell asleep at the 30 plus point beat down, where Eagles fans relentlessly chanted trotter.

I'm there every game, every week, every year since 1960. If you want to quit or leave or whine or complain, that's your right. But you don't speak for me or other redskins faithful. Saying that there have been more fans for opposing teams at any game in RFK or FedEx is :bsflag::bsflag:

Agree's with him, it's a total shame to us fans, not this organization :doh:

Do they think this team doesn't want to win? When someone or something you love is down, you support them, not betray them :chair:

I never said, go and cheer for the Iggles, I am saying where green and cheer for the Redskins.

I'm there every game, every week, every year since 1960. If you want to quit or leave or whine or complain, that's your right. But you don't speak for me or other redskins faithful. Saying that there have been more fans for opposing teams at any game in RFK or FedEx is :bsflag::bsflag:

You were obviously not at Spurriers first monday night game against the Eagles at Fed Ex, 1. if you didn't hear trotter chants you need to get your hearing checked

2. if you didn't see the 90 percent of the people left in the stadium by the end of the third quarter were Eagles fans, you or are either blind or you left early.

I remember taking a leak next to an olde gentleman that sat in my section. Eagles fans were heckling every Redskins fan in sight, I will never forget this, he looked at me and said "this type of shiz would not have happened at RFK, these Eagles fans would have already got their ass kicked".

You are refusing to accept the truth, take your blinders off, it is going to be the same way next Monday night. I actually think the Trotter game was the beginning of the end for Spurrier, hopefully it turns into such a scene that this Cerrato feels the wrath this time.

Green Monday might be back firing on us as Redskins fans. ;)

haha I must have just skipped over your post while reading

great minds think alike. If anything we should all go there in Redskins gear and cheer the hell out of the team lol

:laugh:

and from another thread, they know what the real problem is.

Yes, my point is that it CAN be fixed, but not with Snyder at he helm. Snyder fixates on ONE thing an offseason usually. In this case, he'll have a HC, new QB and an O-Line to try to fix in one offseason. He's not a good GM, and even worse when multiple pieces need fixing.

With Snyder in charge, this is a multi-year problem in the making. Add to the mix any big name FA's out there at a different position, and he won't be able to keep it in his pants. O-Linemen is not a sexy enough position for him to be interested in.

Here you go buddy, just thought you might have fallen asleep during this game. ;)

http://www.teamcoalition.org/news/articles/mondaynight.asp

While the rivalry between the two National Football League teams has long been intense, there were larger numbers of Eagles fans than usual at the game, according to spectators and officials.

The Redskins attributed the crowd's rowdiness, a source said, to the combination of it being a Monday night game and the presence of the Eagles, whose fans have a reputation for being among the league's most demonstrative. The Redskins are satisfied that the level of security at FedEx Field is adequate, the source said.

The fighting in the stands culminated with about six minutes left in the game in section 220 near the 50-yard line, two levels up but relatively close to the Eagles' bench, officials said.

It happened at a time when the majority of dejected Redskins fans -- their team trailing by 30 points -- had exited the stadium early to begin their drive home. The Washington supporters who remained were upset at their team's drubbing. Eagles fans gleefully rubbed it in. And many of those left behind had been partying for hours

You can't blame that on the Redskins or on Monday Night Football," he said.

Sam Strulson, 25, a Redskins season-ticket holder and software programmer from Arlington who was taking his girlfriend to her first pro sporting event, said he was repulsed by the conduct of fans.

"It was absolutely one of the most ridiculous evenings I've ever been a part of," he said. "It was pretty violent, and not a fan-friendly or game-friendly atmosphere."

He said he saw one Eagles fan punch a female Redskins fan and knock her down near the end of the game. He said the Eagles fan had called the woman a name. She pushed him, and he struck her, according to Strulson. "At that point, I was like, 'Okay, we're going home.'"

He said it was probably unwise of the Redskins to open the parking lots at 3 p.m., as the team had for security and traffic reasons. "It just gave the Eagles fans six hours to get rowdy. We showed up at 5:30, and by the time we got there, there was a sea of green taking over a section of the parking, and they were horrible."

Eagles fans have notoriously misbehaved in their home stadium. Several years ago, in response to hooligans in the stands, the city of Philadelphia set up a court inside Veterans Stadium to process arrested rowdies on site. It was disbanded after a year, an Eagles spokesman said yesterday.

Disgusting times call for disgusting thoughts, trust me, I can't stand Eagle fans. Maybe you are right LB, wearing green might be a bit much, but at least wear black, we need to show Snyder the fan base is really really pissed. Wearing the B&G at this point does more harm than good. I honestly think if the fans continue to show our disgusting thought, Snyder will get rid of Cerrato by next season. Drastic times cal for drastic measures.

Archived