Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny Loves Green, Give him Green (Green Monday)

GoSkins561

Folks, I understand your motives, and I'm certainly with you in that I want Snyder to either sell the team or signifigantly change how he does things. But I don't think this is the way to go. First off, the percentage of the actual fanbase that posts on a message board is about 1-3%. So using that sample number, consider the rest of your fellow fans that go to the games that'll attend that night...you have the right to do whatever you want with your tickets once they're bought, but do those people really want to sit with Eagle fans? (Nevermind the fact that if one of those Eagle fans gets out of control, you could be at risk of loosing your tickets...but what are the odds of Eagle fans getting out of control?) But more importantly, who took more flack in the media and around the league/country after that Steeler game, Daniel Snyder or the fans? Sure we might not be playing too well right now, but at one game under .500 we're not out of anything. So while you think you'd be sending a message to Snyder about his methodology, you'd also be turning on the TV on tuesday morning to see ESPN and everyone else laughing and snickering at the crowd at the game. Then we'll have to hear about how we allowed a division rival to take over our stadium, and at some point some national pundit will probably ask "what happened to this fanbase?" Sure it's Snyder's fault for the most part, but you as the individual fan has to make the decision to sell your tickets. As a Baltimore Oriole fan as well, I've sat in my home stadium when it's full of opposition fans (Yankees & Red Sox), and let me tell you it's not fun. So just think before you consider advocating something like this, because regardless of the outcome of the game, I think that most Skins fans would at least like to have a bit of pride left the next day. It's not Daniel Snyder, Vinny Cerato, or even the players that have to deal with the reputation in the media and with regard to the rest of the league...it's us, the fans. Snyder admittedly gives fodder to our critics, but that doesn't mean we should add to the ridicule. If you want to show up wearing black or something along those lines, I guess I don't have a problem with that. But purposely recruiting Eagle fans to buy tickets won't embarrass Daniel Snyder, it'll further embarrass the greatest fans in the world.

You own me.

Add the upside down logo from my Sig, into you Sig please.

Cheers!

I meant to say I never saw that post, and I wasn't trying to steal your idea. Which thread was that in? Either way, great idea and it goes to show that great minds think alike. Thanks for the sig.

Now back to the thread, who remembers the trotter game?

I remember it very clearly, I felt like I was being kicked in the nuts. As for the guy that enjoys fans selling their tickets for cheap, you will learn exactly what I am talking about when you go to this game. :)

As I said in the walkout thread, if something ever gets organized, you have to let 106.7 know.

They love this stuff, and will spread the word

Yeah, I agree, it's going to suck to be there if you are wearing B&G anyway, it would be best if everyone was informed to not wear OUR colors to the game. That way no one feels left out, I call the Junkies every now and again, I will give them a call sometime this week.

I meant to say I never saw that post, and I wasn't trying to steal your idea. Which thread was that in? Either way, great idea and it goes to show that great minds think alike. Thanks for the sig.

Now back to the thread, who remembers the trotter game?

I remember it very clearly, I felt like I was being kicked in the nuts. As for the guy that enjoys fans selling their tickets for cheap, you will learn exactly what I am talking about when you go to this game. :)

I was at that game...it was horrible.

Folks, I understand your motives, and I'm certainly with you in that I want Snyder to either sell the team or signifigantly change how he does things. But I don't think this is the way to go. First off, the percentage of the actual fanbase that posts on a message board is about 1-3%. So using that sample number, consider the rest of your fellow fans that go to the games that'll attend that night...you have the right to do whatever you want with your tickets once they're bought, but do those people really want to sit with Eagle fans? (Nevermind the fact that if one of those Eagle fans gets out of control, you could be at risk of loosing your tickets...but what are the odds of Eagle fans getting out of control?) But more importantly, who took more flack in the media and around the league/country after that Steeler game, Daniel Snyder or the fans? Sure we might not be playing too well right now, but at one game under .500 we're not out of anything. So while you think you'd be sending a message to Snyder about his methodology, you'd also be turning on the TV on tuesday morning to see ESPN and everyone else laughing and snickering at the crowd at the game. Then we'll have to hear about how we allowed a division rival to take over our stadium, and at some point some national pundit will probably ask "what happened to this fanbase?" Sure it's Snyder's fault for the most part, but you as the individual fan has to make the decision to sell your tickets. As a Baltimore Oriole fan as well, I've sat in my home stadium when it's full of opposition fans (Yankees & Red Sox), and let me tell you it's not fun. So just think before you consider advocating something like this, because regardless of the outcome of the game, I think that most Skins fans would at least like to have a bit of pride left the next day. It's not Daniel Snyder, Vinny Cerato, or even the players that have to deal with the reputation in the media and with regard to the rest of the league...it's us, the fans. Snyder admittedly gives fodder to our critics, but that doesn't mean we should add to the ridicule. If you want to show up wearing black or something along those lines, I guess I don't have a problem with that. But purposely recruiting Eagle fans to buy tickets won't embarrass Daniel Snyder, it'll further embarrass the greatest fans in the world.

I will be sitting at home laughing, not at the fans, not at the team, but at the disgrace this organization has become because of the way Dan Snyder runs it. I am fed up, I am tired of having a new coach every two years, I am tired of Head Coaches being told who to play, who to consult with and who their assistants are going to be. I am tired of Snyder ripping off the fans and not listening to us.

The Redskins are not one of the most valuable sports franchises in the world because Dan Snyder is running the organization, we are the most valuable because our fan base is so loyal and he is screwing us for the all might dollar.

I proposed this idea in the Tea Party/Boycott thread except I proposed it be the Dallas game Sunday night. It'd be a good idea to do that for the Eagles and Dallas Imagine 2 home games with more Dallas and Eagles fans than Skins fans. Both are primetime games. It'd be hugely embarrassing for Snyder and company.

It would be hugely embarrassing for Redskins fans.

What the f***!

he really didn't act differently when Steelers took over Fedex last year

I was going to post the same thing. All those terrible towels flying last year when Pittsburgh came to town did nothing. Snyder and Co. just offered a bunch of free Redskins "terrible towels" at the preseason game against Pittsburgh this year. As long as tickets are being sold Snyder is making money and that is what is driving this bus....money.

I was going to post the same thing. All those terrible towels flying last year when Pittsburgh came to town did nothing. Snyder and Co. just offered a bunch of free Redskins "terrible towels" at the preseason game against Pittsburgh this year. As long as tickets are being sold Snyder is making money and that is what is driving this bus....money.

That was in the middle of the season when we were contending for a playoff spot. This is totally different. Steelers fans travel in packs and usually have a good crowd at away game.

This would be two hated teams in our division. If it was planned, and happened, I think it would have a different effect than last year.

I will be sitting at home laughing, not at the fans, not at the team, but at the disgrace this organization has become because of the way Dan Snyder runs it. I am fed up, I am tired of having a new coach every two years, I am tired of Head Coaches being told who to play, who to consult with and who their assistants are going to be. I am tired of Snyder ripping off the fans and not listening to us.

The Redskins are not one of the most valuable sports franchises in the world because Dan Snyder is running the organization, we are the most valuable because our fan base is so loyal and he is screwing us for the all might dollar.

I totally agree. I suppose that my attitude is that it's not Dan Snyder's team...it's MY TEAM, and OUR TEAM. We all know the story of little Danny Snyder growing up a huge Skins fan, sitting on the sofa every Sunday eating his Mom's chili during the games. That's great, but he's a lousy owner. I refuse to allow some pr*ck to take my team away from me. And with all due respect to those who disagree with me, I feel that you're all allowing him to take your team away from you by suggesting things like this. I don't mean to sound holier than thou, but I guess that my love of the Redskins far outweighs my hatred of Daniel Snyder. Again, Daniel Snyder could care less who's sitting in the seats, because they're already paid for. All that would happen with our stadium full of Eagle fans is that we'd be ridiculed even more in the national media and amongst other fanbases. Not to mention that a serious candidate for head coach will be in the booth...heck of a way to sell him on our team, by showing him a stadium full of opposition fans. What about his QB having to go to a silent count at home would endear this place to him?

are you effing serious?

this is beyond embarassing...

you WANT Eagles fans to take over Fedex?

WTF is going on?

losers.

this is the worst idea ever.

im embarrassed to be associated with the clowns that support this idea.

I am fine with that, associate with Snyder and Co. I want complete and total failure of the organization, not the team, but the organization until Vinny is history and he does what every succesful team in the NFL does, hire a GM.. Let's be honest with ourselves, the Eagles fans are coming in masses anyway, this is going to be embarassing without the help of skins fans. Like I said in an earlier post, I would usually go to the game because I usually get offered a free club level ticket. I don't want to be there, I don't want to experience the "Trotter" esq chants again, go have fun.

It would be hugely embarrassing for Redskins fans.

What the f***!

Dude, it's going to be majority Eagles fans anyway, have you looked on Stub Hub or Ebay?

I totally agree. I suppose that my attitude is that it's not Dan Snyder's team...it's MY TEAM, and OUR TEAM. We all know the story of little Danny Snyder growing up a huge Skins fan, sitting on the sofa every Sunday eating his Mom's chili during the games. That's great, but he's a lousy owner. I refuse to allow some pr*ck to take my team away from me. And with all due respect to those who disagree with me, I feel that you're all allowing him to take your team away from you by suggesting things like this. I don't mean to sound holier than thou, but I guess that my love of the Redskins far outweighs my hatred of Daniel Snyder. Again, Daniel Snyder could care less who's sitting in the seats, because they're already paid for. All that would happen with our stadium full of Eagle fans is that we'd be ridiculed even more in the national media and amongst other fanbases. Not to mention that a serious candidate for head coach will be in the booth...heck of a way to sell him on our team, by showing him a stadium full of opposition fans. What about his QB having to go to a silent count at home would endear this place to him?

Obviously you havn't paid attention in the past, when we suck and the fans are fed up, they don't go to Monday Night Football games against division rivals. As I mentioned in a previous post, Danny had it partially right when Gibbs was in town and we started winning, the fan base was back, the fan base was energized, he knew better to undermine Joe Gibbs. He is back to his same old b.s., I mean seriously who hires an offensive coordinator before hiring a head coach, that was the first sign that nothing had changed, right?

I don't care about the head coach at this point, all a serious candidate for head coach is going to bring is

IF KC wins this upcoming game, and I bet they do, it will probably be 50% Birds fans no matter what anybody plans. This team will be finished.

If they lose this week, you are 100% right, on the next Monday night, the stadium will look exactly like it did for Pittsburgh last year.

People on twitter are already trying to get everyone to wear black THIS week for "Black Sunday."

Archived