Extremeskins

90s r&b slow jams

MissU28

Most annoying?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Most annoying?

• Yes they are, good lord, shutup.
    • No, I know alot worse.

Had an epiphany tonight......my favorite genre of music is the aforementioned.

Share your favorites....they have to be from the 90s and they have to be slow jams and they have to be r&b.

And no, you're not gay if you contribute. Just awesome.

I'll start:

Toni Braxton: I Don't Want To

Blackstreet: Don't Leave Me

112: Cupid

Mariah Carey: Her entire Music Box CD (possibly my favorite cd ever)

TLC: Red Light Special

R.Kelly: Down Low

Keith Sweat: Twisted and Nobody

Boyz II Men: I'll Make Love to You, On Bended Knee, Water Runs Dry, End of the Road

Jon B.: Pretty Girl

Usher: Nice and Slow

Mary J. Blige: I'm Going Down and Not Gon' Cry

Dru Hill: We're Not Makin' Love No More

Babyface: ANYTHING!!! I freakin' love Babyface. Someone To Love, Everytime I Close My Eyes, When Can I See You Again....

My list can go on and on. All these songs bring back SO many memories of middle school and high school. Keep 'em coming!

Had an epiphany tonight......my favorite genre of music is the aforementioned.

Share your favorites....they have to be from the 90s and they have to be slow jams and they have to be r&b.

And no, you're not gay if you contribute. Just awesome.

I'll start:

Toni Braxton: I Don't Want To

Blackstreet: Don't Leave Me

112: Cupid

Mariah Carey: Her entire Music Box CD (possibly my favorite cd ever)

TLC: Red Light Special

R.Kelly: Down Low

Keith Sweat: Twisted and Nobody

Boyz II Men: I'll Make Love to You, On Bended Knee, Water Runs Dry, End of the Road

Jon B.: Pretty Girl

Usher: Nice and Slow

Mary J. Blige: I'm Going Down and Not Gon' Cry

Dru Hill: We're Not Makin' Love No More

Babyface: ANYTHING!!! I freakin' love Babyface. Someone To Love, Everytime I Close My Eyes, When Can I See You Again....

My list can go on and on. All these songs bring back SO many memories of middle school and high school. Keep 'em coming!

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

I was just talking to the wife about Boyz II Men. She never heard of them. It's crazy how big they were and how they just completely disappeared.
I was about to say "who has never heard of Boyz II Men," but then I remembered from the Olympics thread that I think you said your wife was from Brazil, so I could understand that. Yeah, they were massive. I don't know what happened to them.

Some other slower classics (maybe not "slow" in the original sense of the thread though):

Ginuwine- "Pony"...that song's a jam.

Dru Hill had some other good songs too- "How Deep Is Your Love," "You Are Everything," "These Are the Times," etc.

Brian McKnight- "Back at One"

And for whatever sake, just a couple great R&B songs from the 90's:

Mary J. Blige/Method Man- "You're All I Need To Get By"...maybe not totally R&B, but it deserves a mention

And probably my favorite pick, Blackstreet- "No Diggity." That song is ridiculous.

Easily my least favorite genre of music. It completely sucks. I will listen to country before R&B.

I love country too....but r&b is perfect for me....I like songs I can sing along with, that I can slow dance to, and that are romantic...perfect for a 15-year old boy-crazy girl in the 90s. Still love this stuff.

Dru Hill had some other good songs too- "How Deep Is Your Love," "You Are Everything," "These Are the Times," etc.

Dru Hill's "Enter the Dru" album was one of my favorites....I can probably still sing every song from that album

Archived