Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Sources: Crabtree, 49ers agree to deal

DCranon21

I'm a Long time Redskins fan and since we have relocated to Ca.,I've been watching the progress of the San Francisco franchise for 5 years. It has been much better that that of the Redskins, and with Singleterry it's moving even faster. This team [sF] will be a contender in another year while our beloved Redskins are still hoping and wishing.

Until the skins re-build their offensive line, and get a QB who can react to the moment, It's a hopless cause.:chair:

I'm a Long time Redskins fan and since we have relocated to Ca.,I've been watching the progress of the San Francisco franchise for 5 years. It has been much better that that of the Redskins, and with Singleterry it's moving even faster. This team [sF] will be a contender in another year while our beloved Redskins are still hoping and wishing.

Until the skins re-build their offensive line, and get a QB who can react to the moment, It's a hopless cause.:chair:

Well, they moved control of the franchise into the hands of Jed York, as acting Team President, just last year, which was a big move in the overall desire to spend money on players and begin trying to actively build a real sports team again.

Plus replacing Nolan with Singletary has done a lot so far to get their players to actually play hard, when they've had some talented guys not doing much while Nolan was still the coach. Even Vernon Davis is finally looking like a respectable player.

So they haven't been building things in this direction for that long, they just made a few smart moves recently that have given sparks where it was badly needed.

Plus, they play in the NFC West. A team could take that by winning only 9 or 10 games probably. Especially this season with the Cardinals looking bad with the Super Bowl hangover on top of the Rams doing their usual pathetic imitation of an NFL team.

I dont believe the hype about Crabtree. Texas Tech had 5 wideouts all game so of course he posted great numbers. But why wasnt the Texas Tech QB selected in the draft?

He's already slow to begin with and the caliber of talent in the NFL is by far and away better.

He'll be surprised to find out he's not all that

I know the guy supposedly has a ton of talent, but if were the Niners I'd have said, "No thanks. You snooze, you lose." Either that or drop $250k from the contract for every game he missed and see if he's still gung-ho about being a 49er.

This guy just got millions of dollars for shunning the team that drafted him. Honestly, at 3-1, I'd have told him to go schtoop himself. They just found their new Terrell Owens.

I know his contract but where does it compare to the other top 10 picks. That was the major hold up, he wanted top 10 money. Did he get it?

The 49ers made out like bandits, they got an extra year out of a top 10 deal for basically the same money that they were offering for 5 years. He really hurt himself through this holdout in both monetary and a playing sense.

If I was a 49er's fan I'd hate this guy. If I was a 49er player I'd be extra pissed. This is why the NFL needs to redo how rookies get paid. They need to do it like the NBA.

Yeah but the NBA doesn't allow teams to cheat players out of the bulk of their money buy putting it late in the contract and cutting them before it.

He's so far behind, do you see him having any positive impact on the team this year?

He gives their offense another weapon. Especially since he's so fresh, having been out of football for 10 months now. I'm sure he's been in shape, but still.

If he can be a legit WR, than this already promising 49er team just got much stronger on offense.

Oh and after the team has been performing so well... coincidence.

I heard today that the 49ers didn't even have a WR ranked among the top 64 WR's, or something like that. Pretty amazing, considering their record. If that's true, he could probably make an impact once he learns the offense, and gets in playing shape.

Also heard something about if he hadn't signed by Nov something, that he risked not getting paid guaranteed money for up to 30 months. Someone definitely has been in his ear giving him good advice. Either that, or he saw how successful they were and wanted to be a part of it.

Easily the best part about this story, upon further review, is the fact that MC Hammer of all people helped negotiate this final contract. As if things couldn't get weirder with all of this.

If there's one person you want giving you financial advice for your future, it's MC Hammer.

Easily the best part about this story, upon further review, is the fact that MC Hammer of all people helped negotiate this final contract. As if things couldn't get weirder with all of this.

If there's one person you want giving you financial advice for your future, it's MC Hammer.

Nothing about what you just said made any sense.

Your entire post was like some weird dream scape of odd juxtapositions.

I don't even know where to begin if I wanted to understand,

but the funny thing is I don't want to.

So, please, do not explain.

Just let me be content with the mere idea of Crabtree, M.C. Hammer, and Singletary all being involved in the same story, a story that involved millions of dollars and the S.F. franchise.

So they actually offered him a lot more after holding out for months? Thats not a good sign for future drafts.

Originally he was offered 5yrs 20Mil, they changed it to 6yrs 32Mil up to a possible 40Mil. So 12 Mil for 1 extra year or 28Mil for the 5. They paid 8 Mil more than the original offer at a minimum for a guy who probably will cause more Ints than he's worth this year.

So they actually offered him a lot more after holding out for months? Thats not a good sign for future drafts.

Originally he was offered 5yrs 20Mil, they changed it to 6yrs 32Mil up to a possible 40Mil. So 12 Mil for 1 extra year or 28Mil for the 5. They paid 8 Mil more than the original offer at a minimum for a guy who probably will cause more Ints than he's worth this year.

No. He actually accepted a contract that is significantly less player friendly then the original offer. Dont look at the inflated numbers his guaranteed money is 17 million which is the same they were offering for a 5 years deal, so they get an extra year (half year) out of him for the same guaranteed price. Now if he blows up and has 2 pro bowl years then he can void the last year but that is standard for a lot of contracts. The 49ers got a significantly better deal by waiting him out and Crabtree got a significantly worse deal.

Nothing about what you just said made any sense.

Your entire post was like some weird dream scape of odd juxtapositions.

I don't even know where to begin if I wanted to understand,

but the funny thing is I don't want to.

So, please, do not explain.

Just let me be content with the mere idea of Crabtree, M.C. Hammer, and Singletary all being involved in the same story, a story that involved millions of dollars and the S.F. franchise.

Just so you don't think I was eating mushrooms last night while on Extremeskins:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/MC-Hammer-shows-up-at-Crabtree-meeting-with-the-?urn=nfl,194524

Just when you thought the situation with San Francisco 49ers holdout Michael Crabtree(notes) couldn't get any weirder, it does. He and his agent finally met face-to-face with the Niners yesterday to discuss getting him signed this year and he apparently brought along a fella named Stanley Kirk Burrell, who is otherwise known as a classic from the rap world, MC Hammer, according to USA Today.

What was the Hammer doing there? Nobody seems to know what his role was in the proceedings but he's apparently a friend of Crabtree's agent.

Why would he? Singletary was a holdout himself.

LOL Like Singletary cares. I would love to see the conversation if Crabs tries to use it against Singletary. Crabs might get one of these:chair:

HAMMA!! HAMMA!! (I am!) HAMMA! They put me in the mix!

mc-hammer-now.jpg

Archived