Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have found my Redskins freedom

DCsportsfan53

We are old. Very old.

Our running game stinks.

Our run defense stinks.

No one in the front office or coaching staff seem to be accountable to the fans for the overall poor performance of the team.

The players play like they've mailed it in already.

Can you please tell me again what team you are watching, 'cause it ain't the Redskins.

We're NOT old, see my above post. In fact, our youth is one of our weaknesses.

The running game has suffered but that's because we've got two new addition, young linemen out there. Let them gel.

The D has been improving each week. They were fine against Tampa. But come on, no one on coaching staff is accountable? Did Blache not throw himself under the bus?

Players mailed it in? See Moss, Santana.

And you probably are right.

So that means you stop supporting them 4 games in?

My support is not results based. I am a real fan.

Your join date is Sept. 2009, you have 201 posts, where was the real fan in the past?

And, Snyder is a real fan, look at his belt buckle, so what.

This franchise has lost me a long time ago... for a variety of reasons that have been stated before. They're not getting another penny from me.

I'm just a casual Redskins observer now.... until I witness a change I can BELIEVE in... like signing Bill Cowher and handling over FULL control.... and firing Cerrato.

DH,

Agree with your position, 100% but question two parts of this:

1) What makes you think Cowher is that guy? Yes, he oversaw a successful Steelers franchise, but that was just as much due to competent ownership, continuity, and Dick LeBeau as anything else.

2) Based on what you know due to your (at least former) close affiliation with the team through this site, what are the realistic chances of change occurring in terms of front office philosophy?

I would actually support an 0-16 team that was young, built on draft picks, getting better and with a plan in place from the organization.

I still support this mess of a team. I simply know that it stinks and will not let it effect my mood one way or another.

This is how I feel. In many ways, I'd prefer to support a young, hungry, developing 0-16 team than a plodding, older 8-8 team. I love all things Redskin, believe me, but I just think something drastic has to change to the front-office structure.

And you probably are right.

So that means you stop supporting them 4 games in?

My support is not results based. I am a real fan.

No one here has stopped supporting the team. Rather, we have all lost faith in and stopped supporting the front office. We'd all love to see Zorn miraculously pull it together, make a legitimate playoff run this season, and actually have that success carry over into future seasons. It just doesn't seem realistic, though.

To reiterate... our support in the team is not gone, our expectations are just tempered due to a complete and utter lack of faith in the people running the team.

And to think, you cared so much that you started ES.

Clearly you are a fairweather hater :hysterical:

Honestly, the fact that someone who started a board called "ExtremeSkins" has gotten to the point he has says a lot about this organization and it's ownership.

Truly a damning commentary.

1. I agree. Let's not fire him NOW though, let's see if this season we get better towards the end. All of us know 4-0 means more in the last four than in the first four.

2. The depth is gone because we just had a youth infusion. We took about 18 years off the right side of our line, 10 years off the left guard. That's almost 30 years of age taken off our line. We will replenish the depth with picks.

3. You are absolutely right. However, I still like Kelly's prospects, and I think most people here agree.

4. Our D is not old nor overrated. They just got new personnel....this will be a top-flight defense again this year. Let it come together. We are actually generating TURNOVERS this year for once!!!

5. I agree we could use a better returner. However, our special teams became WAY better this year when we got Hunter Smith, and you know it.

6. Albert Haynesworth would fit into EVERY team's long term plan. Who else can play 3-4 NT or 4-3 DT?!? Dude is a FREAK. Snyder tries to replace Campbell, everyone says he's following his same old ways. Snyder keeps Campbell, everyone ****es that Campbell sucks. Talk about a no-win! By the way, the two QB's Snyder tried to get are looking like they'd have been pretty amazing pickups.

Aside from the left tackle, fullback, and middle linebacker, what position are we old at? You're just making things up. I know you're frustrated, but calm down! It's been four games!

To respond again

1) Look at the last 4 games on the schedule, compared to the first 4 games. Do you see a 4-0 finish?

2) 30 years taken off the age of the line with downgrades. Do you think Heyer if a front line starter? Rhino? Dockery and his false starts? I'd like to think by bringing in youth we'd actually make upgrades, but at best these 3 guys are the same as what was there before. Actually, I'd say a bit better in pass blocking, but we cannot run to the right side at all. Heyer was getting destroyed by Gaines Adams in the game against the Bucs

3) I like Malcolm Kelly quite a bit. I'll reserve judgement on him, but overall those 3 picks are looking like flops

4) Our D gave up 10+ 3rd down conversions to the freakin Lions. Golston and Monty at best are backups, you still have Daniels with a key role, Griffin is a start at DT, and AH will never live up to a 100 million dollar contract.

D-Hall has been grossly overrated since he was at Virginia Tech, Carlos Rogers simply is not that good, and Laron Landry has yet to grow into being a true FS.

On top of that, its been incredibly unclutch, both this year and last year. When a stop has been needed to be made, it hasn't made the stop. (see the Bucs responding with a FG after the score became 16-10) This D is nowhere near where it was advertised to be.

5) Hunter Smith is a big improvement. Hooray, we can punt now. Yet we gain 5 yards at best on a punt return and barely get to the 30 on kickoffs

6) Haynesworth is a freak, but he is not worth 100 million dollars, and hinders the long term plan with his contract

7) Those are some key positions we are old at. Chris Samuels caliber LTs don't grow on trees. Neither do London Fletchers or Mike Sellars. Our backup QB is 38. Our depth is non existent

Do you think this team will actually improve and compete for a Superbowl in 2011?

Look, I know we are 2-2 after 4 games. But this thing isn't getting better, its getting worse. I am not interested in being 8-8 every year, I am interested in this team being built into a Superbowl contender year in year out. And there is nobody in the FO with the ability to do that

i detached after they got stopped at the goal line vs detroit and then let the lions drive 98 yards for a TD.

only nfc east wins will get me pumped at this point...

i got more satisfaction out of dallas losing to denver than snyderatto's skins overcoming the bucs...

i was literally exclaiming "I don't believe it...I don't believe it!" when JC put that pass on the money for Moss for the TD...

I'll always be a fan of the Washington Redskins...but these aren't them.

when the players and management do not embody what made me a fan in the first place...then it's hard to get pumped up for a logo. (a few players are exempt from this of course, and maybe that's why i continue to watch, even if halfheartedly...)

Hail old school Redskins Football...may it return one day! :helmet:

No one here has stopped supporting the team. Rather, we have all lost faith in and stopped supporting the front office. We'd all love to see Zorn miraculously pull it together, make a legitimate playoff run this season, and actually have that success carry over into future seasons. It just doesn't seem realistic, though.

To reiterate... our support in the team is not gone, our expectations are just tempered due to a complete and utter lack of faith in the people running the team.

Oh :doh:

What ever makes you feel better. We are a team. From the FO to the players. I am not happy with all the moves by our FO, but it is apart of the TEAM.

What ever makes you feel better.

I am frustrated as well. I could have used the $500 I spent 2 weeks ago to see the sorry Rams game.

But I would never type out my Redskins Freedom or what ever

Though disappointed at times, I shake my head and tend to laugh it off more now like, they are what they are. No high hopes, or low lows. Just kind of indifferent. I'll always be a fan, but I like you have found a way to not get caught up and feel any real way about it. Just watch it, it is what it is, and that's that.

This is how I feel. In many ways, I'd prefer to support a young, hungry, developing 0-16 team than a plodding, older 8-8 team. I love all things Redskin, believe me, but I just think something drastic has to change to the front-office structure.

I think we are both on the same page here

I'd support a young team, with lots of rookies and draft picks that went 3-13 but was going to get better the next season.

We talked about the mid 1990s, 1994 3-13, 1995 6-10 and 1996 starting 7-1. I am willing to be patient for that

However, the leadership of this franchise is not willing to do it

Oh :doh:

What ever makes you feel better. We are a team. From the FO to the players. I am not happy with all the moves by our FO, but it is apart of the TEAM.

What ever makes you feel better.

I am frustrated as well. I could have used the $500 I spent 2 weeks ago to see the sorry Rams game.

But I would never type out my Redskins Freedom or what ever

Enabler.

I think we are both on the same page here

I'd support a young team, with lots of rookies and draft picks that went 3-13 but was going to get better the next season.

We talked about the mid 1990s, 1994 3-13, 1995 6-10 and 1996 starting 7-1. I am willing to be patient for that

However, the leadership of this franchise is not willing to do it

It would take 2-3 years of draft picks and unloading contracts (and their cap ramifications) before we could have a team that we could feel was making the push towards laying a foundation for the future.

It would take 2-3 years of draft picks and unloading contracts (and their cap ramifications) before we could have a team that we could feel was making the push towards laying a foundation for the future.

Thats is fine by me. Because the team as its being built now has no hope to be a long term Superbowl contender

6-10 to 9-7 and maybe a wildcard appearance? Yup

Winning Superbowls? No

Let them go. I say GTFO!!!!

We won and that was not good enough :doh:

They are all fake fans. Nothing can make me not support the skins. Even 0-16.

rest of these fake fans can go to hell

why do you even care about the mindset of these other folks?

I find folks like you immensely humorous.....you get all worked up over how OTHER folks respond to the Skins on field/off field machinations.

oh well........:silly:

I find folks like you immensely humorous.....you get all worked up over how OTHER folks respond to the Skins on field/off field machinations.

Because fans like you reflect poorly on our fan base! The front page of ES CONSTANTLY has more negative threads than positive threads.

ExtremeSkins is never taken seriously by the local media, and it's fans like you who cause that. It's frustrating to be associated with you all. Respected posters on this site who have some true perspective aren't jumping off the ship every time we don't blow an opponent out. Only the fairweather fans like you.

Big picture?

You are given up on the team you claim to love 4 games into a 16 game season.

When we are 2-2

What am I missing?

You need to stop putting words in my mouth. I'm still watching every game and watching is "supporting." My Sundays revolve around Redskins on Sundays. Where have I said that I give up? I'll wait for you to find that quote.

Cause they felt the need to express their freedom of believing in this team on the official fan board 2 days after a win.

I would hope some one stands up and calls this BS if I was a player. Cause when you stop having as the op said "hope" your quiting on the team.

Every one says no just Snyder or the FO but since the players and team play every week they are the ones you are really giving up on.

Who do we cheer for, get mad at, get happy with? The players. Not the FO. Not Snyder.

So who are we claiming Redskins Freedom from?

Thats is fine by me. Because the team as its being built now has no hope to be a long term Superbowl contender

6-10 to 9-7 and maybe a wildcard appearance? Yup

Winning Superbowls? No

Sign me up for 2-3 tough years as well. In some ways, an uncapped year allows us to dump all contracts we want to. We should take advantage of that if it comes to pass.

As SHF mentioned, the early- to mid-90s was the last time this team truly rebuilt itself. It tore things down after the Gibbs/Petitbone era and allowed Casserly and Turner to take a crack at it.

We're long overdue for another rebuild (with a fresh set of GM eyes).

Because fans like you reflect poorly on our fan base! The front page of ES CONSTANTLY has more negative threads than positive threads.

ExtremeSkins is never taken seriously by the local media, and it's fans like you who cause that. It's frustrating to be associated with you all. Respected posters on this site who have some true perspective aren't jumping off the ship every time we don't blow an opponent out. Only the fairweather fans like you.

You are directing your anger at the people who don't put on the pads. Yeah, that makes sense.

what do you know about true perspective?

most fans have been fans longer than you've been alive...in my case since you were 4...:hysterical:

you're worried about extremeskins street cred with local media? this site is owned by snyder...that ship's done sailed my friend...talk about an association that's detrimental...:hysterical:

I'm right where the OP is at exactly the same time. I actually didn't get angry watching our lame performance Sunday. My family is thankful that I'm no longer emotionally invested in a hopeless regime.

I'm going to miss watching the game next Sunday, because my daughter has a soccer tournament out of town. Normally it would cause me much stress to miss a game. But now, I'm OK with it. It's a weird feeling to accept that we have become a team no longer in the conversation. We are irrelevant.

wow....

for the first time in 47 years...I said..."eh...I'm playing golf this afternoon"...and skipped the Skins game. I laughed when I caught a recap later in the day...all that stress missed for a predictable outcome.

this team isn't worth vocal support until the whole culture - top to bottom - changes. until then......they're like a distant relative who is a recidivist when it comes to lodging at the local prison: send an ocassional care package, but get on with other things. see ya when you get out of incompetence jail!.....

fairweather my rear quarter (not directed at you theDARB). spoken like a chump who not only has never been witness to excellence...but likely doesn't demand it from himself.

Archived