Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have found my Redskins freedom

DCsportsfan53

No, it's the doing of your own weak hearts.

There are many NFL teams in far greater disarray than ours. If you're detached, you're a fairweather fan.

Like it or not, the Eagles, who made it to the NFC Championship, won ONE more game than us last year. They weren't playing against far better opponents. The Cowboys right now have the same record as us, and at least our QB doesn't USUALLY turn it over (last week being the exception).

We're through four games. We're 2-2. Chill the **** out, sac up, and don't start complaining unless we miss the playoffs.

Actually, I guess if people were "fairweather" fans it would mean the team is doing badly. The team is at .500, average. And having played the Rams, Bucs, and Lions. But yeah, they are at .500, so I think this is hardly a reactionary realization. Fairweathers make reactionary decisions based on the current state of the team. This is more like the abused spouse who finally moves out of the house.

*As much as I have 0 confidence in Snyder, I'm still a fan of the team. It doesn't mean I'm going to be as personally invested in what they do, because I have lost faith that under Snyder we'll be a really legit contender. Maybe if we hit a hot streak at the right time, this team can make it far into the postseason (probably not this year, but maybe another year). But to be a legitimate year-after-year contender with Snyder at the helm? It seems like that won't happen. Again, we're operating with some data here... it's been 10 years. He's learned a couple of things about the importance of the draft and not stupidly getting older high-priced FAs, but we're still dysfunctional in numerous ways.

I support the Redskins. Period. Not some down played rationalized crap.

PS we won this week and are .500

Well you can be satisfied with perennial 6-10 to 8-8 seasons.

I'll treat the team like an adult should and not give them the 100 percent support that a winner and well run organization deserves.

I refuse to support the current ownership with the half ass product they put out on the field. If Dan Snyder wants to get me to spend money on the team again, hire a real Team President and GM, improve the gameday experience and freakin build a team that can win a Superbowl

Not a lame ass 6-10 to 8-8 team every year at best.

Just think, the last time the team won 11 games was 1991

The team has only won 10 games twice since 1991

Now granted, the 1990s were not Dan Snyder's fault

But this decade since Snyder took over

1999: 10-6

2000: 8-8

2001: 8-8

2002: 7-9

2003: 5-11

2004: 6-10

2005: 10-6

2006: 6-10

2007: 9-7

2008: 8-8

2009: We are on our way to another 10 loss season. But hey, at least we have Albert Haynesworth!

Good post, the Redskins are not even close to being in the same league as the Patriots, or Steelers. It's funny how most of the time we call out the media for beating down the Skins, yet most of the time they have been correct. Then again as much hype as they give the Cowboys each year they end up no better than us; watching the playoffs from home.

Let them go. I say GTFO!!!!

We won and that was not good enough :doh:

They are all fake fans. Nothing can make me not support the skins. Even 0-16.

rest of these fake fans can go to hell

Speaking of reactionary...

No one is saying they won't support the team. I think one of the main takeaways here is that the expectations are lowered as a realization of who we are under Snyder (and how that is unlikely to change under Snyder right now) has taken hold.

Let them go. I say GTFO!!!!

We won and that was not good enough :doh:

They are all fake fans. Nothing can make me not support the skins. Even 0-16.

rest of these fake fans can go to hell

Doesn't it piss you off that there's nothing you can do about fans posting how they feel about their team on a message board? I bet your blood is boiling as you read this.

A lot of well thought out, intelligent conversations go on between both the "haters" and the "delusional" on this board. The fact that the word intelligent comes into play would leave you out of that equation.

Well you can be satisfied with perennial 6-10 to 8-8 seasons.

I'll treat the team like an adult should and not give them the 100 percent support that a winner and well run organization deserves.

I refuse to support the current ownership with the half ass product they put out on the field. If Dan Snyder wants to get me to spend money on the team again, hire a real Team President and GM, improve the gameday experience and freakin build a team that can win a Superbowl

Not a lame ass 6-10 to 8-8 team every year at best.

Just think, the last time the team won 11 games was 1991

The team has only won 10 games twice since 1991

Now granted, the 1990s were not Dan Snyder's fault

But this decade since Snyder took over

1999: 10-6

2000: 8-8

2001: 8-8

2002: 7-9

2003: 5-11

2004: 6-10

2005: 10-6

2006: 6-10

2007: 9-7

2008: 8-8

2009: We are on our way to another 10 loss season. But hey, at least we have Albert Haynesworth!

Good bye. Don't come back when they win either. You know like Sunday

I would actually support an 0-16 team that was young, built on draft picks, getting better and with a plan in place from the organization.

I still support this mess of a team. I simply know that it stinks and will not let it effect my mood one way or another.

Exactly. I love the fairweather fan comments. I was bouncing around in my mother's belly as we won our first SB, bouncing on my dad's lap for the 83' points record season, wearing Theismann uniform complete with helmet for my 5th Christmas. I've watched and cheered for the Redskins every year I've been on this earth. I've spent countless thousands of dollars attending games and buying merchandise. All I'm saying is, I want evidence my money's not being wasted before I spend anymore and I've detached myself emotionally from the on the field results. I'm still cheering, I'm still watching, I'm still here, I'm still a fan of the Washington Redskins.

As far as the 0-16 comment, right on. We're the oldest team in the league and getting worse, not better. Show me the commitment to building the right way and I'll cough my $1,000 up and be there to cheer it on. At least then I know there's the chance, the opportunity for a brighter future. We may have beaten the Bucs this weekend but they're so much closer to being a good team than us.

The Redskins are a dysfunctional team, the "Raiders East" label fits us like a glove.

The redskins remind me of a car that needs a lot of work under the hood (O-line) but the owner installs a set of expensive wheels (Haynseworth).

Every year Snyder is looking to install that flashy piece, but the end result is still the same; the car still sputters and breaks down.

I too laugh at this team:

Campbell throws a pass in double coverage

The DBs play 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 5

JC staring down his one WR on every pass play

3rd and 8; 3 yard pass in the flat

It's a shame, this used to be a team with a lot of history, now all they are known for is total suckage.

:hysterical:

As a certified car nut and mechanic, that one hit the spot. Gotta love the hoopties riding around, rusting to ****, backfiring to all hell but ridin spinners. Perfect analogy.

OLS.

Its fans like you that Dan Snyder loves. It allows him to put a piss poor non Superbowl contending product on the field and still make millions.

Love the team, hate the owner. Realize we suck. And enjoy football for football

You know wednesday is tomorrow and we will all feel a little better and Thursday we'll even better. By the time Sunday rolls around we'll all have ourselves convinced we are the next Patriots.

There was a thread on it talking about Wednesday being the day the "delusional football fan" in all of us returns

By Saturday I'll have no doubt we can run the table. Then Sunday will smack me upside the head with reality as the team scores 10 points and loses 20-10 in Carolina

So don;t turn it into a Campbell thread yet you had to bring it up.

I used to respect you alot man. From the first time I met you in 2005. I know your frustrated but no longer do I respect you.

This has nothing to do with the Campbell comments. Just your overall hater you became the last 2 years.

Just goes to show how short-sighted you are. I call it like I see it. Look up my posts on the Lions game. I defended Campbell because I thought he played well that game. I also said that I believe that Zorn gives the offense the chance to succeed based on the way they move the ball between the

20's.

I love this team so much it hurts. When people love something this much it is human nature to be reactionary when disappointment sets in.

Take a step back and think about that.

Hey douchebag, what's wrong with what he's saying?

Do you like lining Snyders pockets and getting nothing in return?

Some of us FANS are sick and tired of it. If we want to voice that displeasure then we will damn well do it.

Stick it in your ass if you have a problem with it, Vinny.

Just goes to show how short-sighted you are. I call it like I see it. Look up my posts on the Lions game. I defended Campbell because I thought he played well that game. I also said that I believe that Zorn gives the offense the chance to succeed based on the way they move the ball between the

20's.

I love this team so much it hurts. When people love something this much it is human nature to be reactionary when disappointment sets in.

Clearly all the effort you put into making a Redskins room means you are a fairweather hater :hysterical:

But I don't think our talent evaluation has improved.

2003 gave us Derrick Dockery and trash.

2004 gave us Sean Taylor and Chris Cooley and trash.

2005 gave us Carlos Rogers and Jason Campbell, and a bunch of trash.

2006 gave us Rocky McIntosh in the 2nd. Reed Doughty, round 6! Kedric Golston, round 6!

2007 gave us Landry and then HB Blades in round 6. London Fletcher thinks this kid can be like him, I like it.

2008 gave us Chad Rinehart in round 3 (looked fine against Tampa). Justin Tryon in round 4.....there are not many dime corners in the NFL better than Tryon. Find me a few, I dare you. Kareem Moore, 6th round, shown huge potential flashes. Everyone's favorite Colt Brennan came in round 6. Rob Jackson in the 7th. We took gambles on three receivers early, and we'll soon find out if it was worth it. It's looking like a no, but we took players that many teams valued highly.

2009 gave us Orakpo (BEAST!) and Marko Mitchell in round SEVEN! Kevin Barnes in round 3 - homegrown product, big potential.

Wanna talk undrafted? How about Stephon Heyer??? Talk about an incredible pickup. Dude is UNDRAFTED and I haven't seen him get beaten once this season in pass pro. Marcus Mason, hometown product, potential to be an every down back. Chris Wilson looks like a legit speed rusher. Lorenzo Alexander is the Leon Washington of the trenches. Put the guy at any position, he'll be serviceable.

The free agents we got this year have been successful. Hall sucked at first but he saved that game against Tampa. Haynesworth and Hunter Smith have made huge impacts.

Our talent evaluation, while not Patriot-esque, has improved by HUGE amounts. How can you say it hasn't?

I'm right where the OP is at exactly the same time. I actually didn't get angry watching our lame performance Sunday. My family is thankful that I'm no longer emotionally invested in a hopeless regime.

I'm going to miss watching the game next Sunday, because my daughter has a soccer tournament out of town. Normally it would cause me much stress to miss a game. But now, I'm OK with it. It's a weird feeling to accept that we have become a team no longer in the conversation. We are irrelevant.

I came to this conclusion at the same time. I'm done buying into the nonsense of being a sustainable contending team. We'll never be one.

I actually was helped to this conclusion reading the far-out posts on this board of people who think we should be like the Steelers, or the Patriots, or the Eagles (some of the best managed football teams in the NFL). I read those posts and thought to myself "What gives them the idea we're anything like those teams?" Then I came to the same realization you're talking about.

We'll never be a consistent contender with this owner doing it like he wants, and not in the proven way to build a winner. He wants it his way, and he'll destroy the team's chances to be a consistent contender to have it his way. So be it.

*I think the Joe Gibbs II era kind of fooled me into it being possible. The move to understanding the importance of the draft better also gave me hope. But I don't think our talent evaluation has improved. I think our FO is still dysfunctional, and I think our product on the field is flawed in many ways from top to bottom. We've made progress over the last 10 years in our FO's mindset (Cerratto himself has admitted Bruce Smith and Deion were huge mistakes of his), but it's just too slow and painful, and his continued insistence on the greatness of his board continues to disturb me. I don't see the greatness of his player ratings board on the only place it matters... on the field.

Why does the Skins Practice Squad get raided on a consistant basis? I mean, Morocco Brown has done a good job. Fans fail to recognize the job that he has done. If you want to blame anybody, put the blame on Gibbs. He was the one who gave away the draft picks for Lloyd, and Duckett. The fact is, Vinny told him not to. So, Gibbs gets the pass because of his Super Bowl rings? Gibbs was the HEAD COACH, AND THE DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL!! Which means, he was in control of the draft, trades etc.

The Skins are 2-2. That is medium for sure.

The problem is none of the expected advances this year have been realized.

Has anyone seen the expansive playbook promised?

Has the Defense benefitted that greatly from Haynesworth, Jarmon and Orapko addtions, even though at times all have shined?

The great addtion of Dockery to the weak OL has helped the run game, HOW?

This is what is troubling. I also have moved to take the Redskins with a grain of salt and am regretting getting the Sunday ticket thus far. I have not bought my yearly hat, nor purchased any jerseys for the kids. It is my personally strike at what Danny values most, the money. It is apparent by reading articles that this off-season when the numbers are added up that the totals won't be good. This is a message that won't go ignored.

Our talent evaluation, while not Patriot-esque, has improved by HUGE amounts. How can you say it hasn't?

Because it is not part of an overall plan/system.

Yes there are some nice finds (although I think you are overly optimistic on Rienhart and Tryon) however there is no layered depth, hell no depth at all, and there is no long term plan to fit these guys in

Ideally you draft a guy to be part of a system that will be around for a while and draft them so that they fit within the context of the system you run.

However the system keeps changing, the roles keep changing and a guy we draft in 2007 may no longer fit on the team we are trying to run in 2010.

Despite talent evaluation getting "better" the results on the field, both on offense and defense, have gotten worse

The team is old, its hallow, there is no speed, and the worst part is the team is not improving. Do you think in week 15 you will see a team better then today?

Do you see a team that is being built to compete in 2011?

20's.

I did. And 4 years ago when I met you I never would assumed you would post some of the stuff you have posted.

I think some of you need to take a step back.

We got people talking about redskins freedom after a win!!!!

You can love your wife till it hurts that does not mean you get to beat her. See my point.

I have lost faith and most of you.

Hey King we won this week.

Hey douchebag, what's wrong with what he's saying?

Do you like lining Snyders pockets and getting nothing in return?

Some of us FANS are sick and tired of it. If we want to voice that displeasure then we will damn well do it.

Stick it in your ass if you have a problem with it, Vinny.

Are you kidding? You're not a fan.

I booed when the team was looking abysmal in the first half, but clearly you're one of the guys booing after the win.

You don't hear Cowboys fans ****ing all the time. You're just being a big baby. The Cowboys have two fewer playoff wins than we do since 1996 (the Dan Snyder era) but no one hates on Jerry Jones. It's fans like you that hold this team down instead of offering constructive, objective thoughts. It's not "here's what Snyder should have done," it's "we're not undefeated, Snyder is the worst owner ever." Take your idiocy and go root for another team. I speak for all true Redskins fans when I say WE DON'T WANT YOU.

I love this tough guy mentality form behind a key board. I bet you are bumping chests with your mouse right about now.

Question for you, does the fact that I am reading this board right now, and having multiple co-workers walk by and heckle me, mock me, and tell me "it's hopeless" (while laughing the whole time) ... and yet i still want more Redskins talk ... make me a "Fairweather Fan"?

How's about you don't get your panties all in a wad and think you are some hot stuff because you have decided that we are a better team then our record indicates.

I know plenty of folks in this thread are for the most part optimists, homers or whatever you want to call them ... but "Fairweather"? GTFOOH clown.

Oh, and if we do win this Sunday ... at least you will know its because you are a "TRUE FAN."

HAIL.

You know wednesday is tomorrow and we will all feel a little better and Thursday we'll even better. By the time Sunday rolls around we'll all have ourselves convinced we are the next Patriots.

And I remember when the Patriots wished they were the next Redskins.

Are you kidding? You're not a fan.

I booed when the team was looking abysmal in the first half, but clearly you're one of the guys booing after the win.

You don't hear Cowboys fans ****ing all the time. You're just being a big baby. The Cowboys have two fewer playoff wins than we do since 1996 (the Dan Snyder era) but no one hates on Jerry Jones. It's fans like you that hold this team down instead of offering constructive, objective thoughts. It's not "here's what Snyder should have done," it's "we're not undefeated, Snyder is the worst owner ever." Take your idiocy and go root for another team. I speak for all true Redskins fans when I say WE DON'T WANT YOU.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Archived