Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The young recievers, whats the deal?

SIXX99

The most effectively designed offenses don't require quick separation on most plays. The QB is supposed to throw the ball BEFORE the final cut is made...so the separation isn't usually even noticeable. But, if the play is designed, and executed properly, there should be plenty when its required.

but if the QB doesn't trust the WRs to run the right routes at the right speed, then why would the QB make the throw early?

moss needs to keep his mouth shut, he had 2 catches yell one was a 59 yard TD but he is shut down 2 out of 3 games. Watch Moss when he is not thrown to he pouts like a *****

But Moss atleast makes plays. If he isn't in the game yesterday we lose, simple as that. He is the leader of the recieving corps and I can understand his frustration. And he really didn't say that much, basically just said he is wasting his oppurtunities and talents.

but if the QB doesn't trust the WRs to run the right routes at the right speed, then why would the QB make the throw early?

He wouldn't. But, just because we don't see immediate separation, it doesn't mean the receivers aren't going to be getting open when they need to be.

I think patience is overrated. Why call Thomas the next Larry Fitzgerald (as many were doing this offseason) before he ever catches a TD in the NFL?

I will own up. I was one of the people that sadly proclaimed DT the next Fitz before the season even started.

Anyone still following this team is showing an incredible amount of patience. Probably much more than they deserve.

nah, some of us has accepted that this team isn't gonna be a playoff team. And although we can pray that the team gets into a swing like in 1991, the more likely scenario is that we're an 8-8 team +/- a few ball bounces. And what that means is a lot of frustrating wins and losses that leave the fans complaining about the potential on this team and blaming whoever their favorite culprit is at the moment.

Do we have a WR's coach? Because there are no moves by the young recievers. They look just as mechanical as JC at times. If the play is a post pattern , it's straight ahead, no head fake or shoulder movement at all, and straight inside. In this league deception is key. There are not showing JC that they can beat the man in front of them. Eventhough sometimes they do. You have to use more than just speed to get open. Until they get that through the heads it's going to look the same.

nah, some of us has accepted that this team isn't gonna be a playoff team. And although we can pray that the team gets into a swing like in 1991, the more likely scenario is that we're an 8-8 team +/- a few ball bounces. And what that means is a lot of frustrating wins and losses that leave the fans complaining about the potential on this team and blaming whoever their favorite culprit is at the moment.

Same ole' mediocre Redskins.

Same ole' mediocre Fans.

Do we have a WR's coach? Because there are no moves by the young recievers. They look just as mechanical as JC at times. If the play is a post pattern , it's straight ahead, no head fake or shoulder movement at all, and straight inside. In this league deception is key. There are not showing JC that they can beat the man in front of them. Eventhough sometimes they do. You have to use more than just speed to get open. Until they get that through the heads it's going to look the same.

just to add to that question, people criticize Campbell for staring down WRs (as well as for goign through his reads too quickly - seemingly contradictory criticisms), but how often do they criticize our WRs for NOT DISGUISING THEIR ROUTES. I mean Marko in the preseason on the fade route was beautiful because he almost made the DB trip over himself as he did the stutter step into the fade. Then watching Santana to the stop and go on the deep ball yesterday was also a thing of beauty. Do the other guys do this?

just to add to that question, people criticize Campbell for staring down WRs (as well as for goign through his reads too quickly - seemingly contradictory criticisms), but how often do they criticize our WRs for NOT DISGUISING THEIR ROUTES. I mean Marko in the preseason on the fade route was beautiful because he almost made the DB trip over himself as he did the stutter step into the fade. Then watching Santana to the stop and go on the deep ball yesterday was also a thing of beauty. Do the other guys do this?

Very interesting posts. You never see our guys just wide open down the field. I mean if you watch sportcenter you see guys just open on the five yard line reeling in the ball for an easy 6. You never see the Redskins doing that. Even on the Santana deep balls the guy is still right on top of him.

My answer to that is no. The INT pass to Kelly down the sideline, he just came off the ball, stiff arm the CB and straight up the field. He did this every go route.

I noticed at yesterday's game, which is not a great example because of JC's problems, that Thomas runs more of the middle and isn't open until he clears a LB or two. His routes seem to take longer and by then, JC has made up his mind to go elsewhere or run. Kelly covers the sideline routes but JC has to learn to throw over the outside shoulder. Kelly mis-timed his jump on the INT but will learn. They threw a screen to "sleepy" but he looked so slow on that route, I could have caught him.

You can kind of see how these guys are going to be used in the passing offense this year but it's not going to be with any consistency.

Kelly Washington came in for a looksee and by all accounts was wildly outclassed by Thomas and Kelly.

He goes to Baltimore and he has 16 catches in four games. Flacco targets him often.

The problem ain't the receivers, folks.

Look at what the 49ers are doing. They blew out the rams and they have way worse weapons on offense than we do.

How about we get Steve Largent to coach the recievers. He was prolly the slowest reciever I've ever seen but that guy could get open. His route running was second to none. He ran like a 4'7 or 4'8 40 but look at his clips, wide open.

people keep saying this, but has he ever been a coach? Wasn't he a congressman or a lobbyist recently? What makes you think he'd want to do this, or would be any good at it?

I'd rather get a proven WR coach (like maybe the guy in Indy or Philly) to come here and help us out.

How about we get Steve Largent to coach the recievers. He was prolly the slowest reciever I've ever seen but that guy could get open. His route running was second to none. He ran like a 4'7 or 4'8 40 but look at his clips, wide open.

And maybe we can get Jim Zorn to coach our quarterbacks! :silly:

Kelly Washington came in for a looksee and by all accounts was wildly outclassed by Thomas and Kelly.

He goes to Baltimore and he has 16 catches in four games. Flacco targets him often.

The problem ain't the receivers, folks.

Look at what the 49ers are doing. They blew out the rams and they have way worse weapons on offense than we do.

I've supported Jason ever since we drafted him but it is getting harder and harder to keep doing it with the production we are getting.

people keep saying this, but has he ever been a coach? Wasn't he a congressman or a lobbyist recently? What makes you think he'd want to do this, or would be any good at it?

I'd rather get a proven WR coach (like maybe the guy in Indy or Philly) to come here and help us out.

I don't know man, I'm grasping at straws; but we need someone to come in and teach'em up.

I've supported Jason ever since we drafted him but it is getting harder and harder to keep doing it with the production we are getting.

Yeah its the same thing every game, JC locking onto Moss of Cooley. The only way he's throwing to MK or Thomas is if their the primary target on the play. JC hasn't shown that he can scan the entire field and look at all his options.

I've waiting for him to improve on that, but haven't seen any progress.

Archived