Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Definately, D is the problem

myzhi

of course the defense sucked it up against the Lions, anyone who watched the game could see that

but anyone blaming the loss entirely on the defense is just nuts...the offense and defense deserves the blame for the loss, only the special team gets a break from this loss since we didn't attempt any FGs and Hunter Smith was averaging like 56yards a punt

no team will win many games by scoring only 14 points

Those 2 drives were over 18 plays and 40+ yards. Ate up 10 mins in time. Not to mention the first 3 drives of the game where the Giants drove on us.

We can not make stops. How many drives over 60 yards do we have to give up?

START QTR POSS. YARD PLAYS YARDS RESULT

15:00 1 07:19 NYG 22 12 67 Field Goal

04:52 1 04:58 NYG 20 10 77 Downs

13:20 2 03:10 NYG 44 6 44 Touchdown

00:50 3 04:47 NYG 29 8 44 Field Goal

09:23 4 06:11 NYG 24 10 66 Field Goal

I expect our D to not give up 60+ yard drives in the 4th qtr

Name team that does not give up long scoring drives in the whole 4th qtr consistently?

So, we take away Giants 6pts (2 drives), we win? Maybe I am bad at math, but 17-17 doesn't equal win.

And, you still didn't answer these questions. 1) Why can't our O have long scoring drives? Facing Ravens D every week? 2) Do you expect D to give up ZERO pts after 9 min mark in 4th Qtr. Simple YES or NO would do. If YES, name 1 team that does that. Format: YES RAVENS.

Have no doubt, you will just be ignore them for the 3rd time.

of course the defense sucked it up against the Lions, anyone who watched the game could see that

but anyone blaming the loss entirely on the defense is just nuts...the offense and defense deserves the blame for the loss, only the special team gets a break from this loss since we didn't attempt any FGs and Hunter Smith was averaging like 56yards a punt

no team will win many games by scoring only 14 points

You are so right. The problem is no matter how much we score we can't stop the other team. Giants and Lions marched all over us. & drives over 60+ yards. That is a big concern. We can not stop anyone

Drives over 60 yards given up this year

Giants - 3

Rams - 2 both over 70 yards

Lions - 4 all over 70 2 over 80 and 1 99yards!!!!

dont you find it the least bit amazing that after all those yards given up teams still cant score on us? i kinda do.

blaches scheme is literally "yeah, youll get to the 20, but you aint gettin past that!". lol

Name team that does not give up long drives 4th qtr consistently with ZERO allow?

So, we take away Giants 6pts (2 drives), we win? I maybe bad at math, but 17-17 doesn't equal win.

And, still not answer questions. 1) Why can't our O have long scoring drives? Facing Ravens D every week? 2) Do you expect D to give up ZERO pts after 9 min mark in 4th Qtr. Simple YES or NO would do. If YES, name 1 team that does that.

Does having a terrible goal line run blocking line count? We're suffering from Philly 2008 syndrome when it comes to not getting a single yard.

Also, the fact that the offense has to play ball control all day just to make up for the inability of the D to keep opposing drives under 3:00 further indicts the D rather than removes blame from it.

Good Ds don't choke in the 4th quarter.

Name team that does not give up long drives 4th qtr consistently with ZERO allow?

So, we take away Giants 6pts (2 drives), we win? I maybe bad at math, but 17-17 doesn't equal win.

And, still not answer questions. 1) Why can't our O have long scoring drives? Facing Ravens D every week? 2) Do you expect D to give up ZERO pts after 9 min mark in 4th Qtr. Simple YES or NO would do. If YES, name 1 team that does that.

Our offense sucks. I would suggest you read my posts. I have made no defense of the offense. I am just not making EXCUSES for the defense.

They both stink. Last week the defense more than the offense imho.

dont you find it the least bit amazing that after all those yards given up teams still cant score on us? i kinda do.

blaches scheme is literally "yeah, youll get to the 20, but you aint gettin past that!". lol

We played the Rams and Lions!!! If we can't stop them who can we stop?

well we can stop them from scoring at least!

Not when it matters. :doh:

09:10 4 03:44 DET 15 8 85 Touchdown

09:23 4 06:11 NYG 24 10 66 Field Goal They ran over 6 mins off the clock late in the game. And got points.

i think its worth discussing, i just think people are taking it too far. weve seen this defense execute before, we upgraded the talent, at this point it looks like we ran a ***** training camp and none of these guys are ready to play.

i have much more faith in our defense turning it around, and so far the lions game was the only legit glaring issue weve had. i expect a team like the giants to move the ball on us. and maybe stafford is good? i know the other two teams he faced crushed him, but im assuming they blitzed the bejesus out of him which is something our coordinator refuses to do, and we didnt, and stafford pwned us.

Fair enough.

I just think that the OP's dripping sarcasm seemed to reflect an attitude that the D was above scrutiny and blame. I feel that when we lose to a team that is 0 for their last 19, no facet of the game is above criticism. In this case, the not only dropped the ball, but did it three consecutive times. I accept that the Lions might actually be good, but I would hope and expect our D to be able to hold their own against anyone, anytime. After all, our D is all we really have right now. So that game was depressing on many, many levels.

Does having a terrible goal line run blocking line count? We're suffering from Philly 2008 syndrome when it comes to not getting a single yard.

Also, the fact that the offense has to play ball control all day just to make up for the inability of the D to keep opposing drives under 3:00 further indicts the D rather than removes blame from it.

Good Ds don't choke in the 4th quarter.

We only had 1 long drive (10 plays or more) against the Lions. Nice try through. Just a guess, but this might have to do with little of time possessions stat.

It's amusing how we have multiple threads on what's wrong with the Redskins.

How about we have a lot of things wrong in the critical facets that make up a football team?

Head coach: noobie, could be way in over his head.

D-coordinator: Also a noob, has only one year calling defensive plays under his belt.

QB: He's not bad, but not great either. The Big Median.

Owner: nuf said

"GM": nuf said

And there's many other aspects where we have visible shortcomings. We really don't even have one part of our team that's in the elite category in the NFL. It's not just one.

again, the defense played poorly this week and it's a given...however, i do think it was a combination of both offense AND defense that lost the game

i will not blame the defense only for any loss unless the offense puts up more than 20 points and we lose...that's the only time i will blame the loss squarely on the defense

Fair enough.

I just think that the OP's dripping sarcasm seemed to reflect an attitude that the D was above scrutiny and blame. I feel that when we lose to a team that is 0 for their last 19, no facet of the game is above criticism. In this case, the not only dropped the ball, but did it three consecutive times. I accept that the Lions might actually be good, but I would hope and expect our D to be able to hold their own against anyone, anytime. After all, our D is all we really have right now. So that game was depressing on many, many levels.

ill be honest, i hate our offense so much right now its hard to even try and point fingers at the defense. call that bias, but when our offense is bottom 5 terrible, and i see our defense holding teams to the 6th best points allowed in the league, i just tend to think we should cut the defense some slack.

i said earlier, lets wait til the offense actually moves the ball and see how the D responds. we havent seen a good offensive performance yet.

Our offense sucks. I would suggest you read my posts. I have made no defense of the offense. I am just not making EXCUSES for the defense.

They both stink. Last week the defense more than the offense imho.

As I too said, D sux, not as bad as O, but to people saying D main reason we are loosing, that's wrong. It lies more with O.

why do you keep ignoring the fact that we stopped the giants from scoring on us? just please explain your thought process. theyre probably the best team in the NFC and we held them to 16. please explain that.

Cause they changed to running the clock down in the 4th qtr. When we could not get a stop.

2 drives for 6 points in the 4th qtr

WAS 10 NYG 20, 8 plays, 44 yards, 1 penalty, 4:47 drive, 3:57 elapsed

WAS 10 NYG 23, 10 plays, 66 yards, 1 penalty, 6:11 drive, 11:48 elapsed

18 plays and almost 11 mins. Score was 17-10 at beginning of the 4th. We could not get 1 stop.

The Giants could have scored so much more if they chose too. The offense played bad as well but when the defense could have made a stopped they let them drive it down our throats, twice.

That is the reality inside that 16 points

As I too said, D sux, not as bad as O, but to people saying D main reason we are loosing, that's wrong. It lies more with O.

No the blame is equal. Neither the O or the D did enough to win and both did enough to lose. Trying to put the blame more on one side than the other is just wrong. They both played well at times and very poor at times.

We lost as a team.

ill be honest, i hate our offense so much right now its hard to even try and point fingers at the defense. call that bias, but when our offense is bottom 5 terrible, and i see our defense holding teams to the 6th best points allowed in the league, i just tend to think we should cut the defense some slack.

i said earlier, lets wait til the offense actually moves the ball and see how the D responds. we havent seen a good offensive performance yet.

So you admit your only here to troll the offense and that you can't objectively critique the defense?

:doh:

You think grown men whose job is independent of what the offense does should be given some slack? They should be fine being dead last in the league in any stat? That the Lions went 70+ on them 4 times?

:hysterical:

They were a top 5 defense last year. Expectations should be they would be at least a top 5 defense this year.

You have really shown your credibility in this discussion.

I can agree with this sentiment. Like I said in a previous post, our offense has stunk for so long that it has to be the number one priority for improvement and the number aspect of the game to take blame in a loss.

But I will also say that defenses that pair with crappy offensives have often found a way to win games on their own. As much as I hate the comparison (for a myriad of reasons), the Ravens defense has constantly found ways to make up for any offensive woes, whether it is giving a short field or putting points on the board. I know our defense doesn't give games away, but they certainly don't do a lot to win the games for us either, whether that is their responsibility or not. I know this is probably unfair to say of them, but we don't have a lot else to hope for or count on.

So you admit your only here to troll the offense and that you can't objectively critique the defense?

:doh:

Unless you consider the context of the conversation. Unless you consider that he was replying directly to me as part of a back and forth discussion that we have been engaging in. Unless you consider what we were discussing and exactly how we were discussing it. If you ignore all of those things, then that is the only way your assertion is anywhere close to correct.

But in actually, his response was very level given the context and nature of the conversation. Yours, on the other hand, seemed only meant to incite some sort of reaction, which is close to the very definition of trolling.

Archived