Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Definately, D is the problem

myzhi

what are you talking about?

BOTH the offense and the defense are the problem. We couldn't get 1 yard for a score!!!!

What you don't get is both the defense and the offense are stinking it up. Our defense was a big reason we lost against the Lions.

Not the only reason

im not ready to flame this defense until i can see the offense produce anything even close to average. these guys have produced in the past, and one bad stat after 3 games is not enough for me to blame them.

watching this offense sputter around for almost the past year is just mind numbing at this point and i frankly feel bad for our defense.

so our defense has sucked this year on 3rd down conversions. you are correct.

can you acknowledge that theyre not giving up points though?

Great!!!! Good for them. We are 1-2 and let the lions run all over us, we could not stop them on 3rd down and we lost.

We let a rookie qb drive on us 3 times over 70 yards in the first half.

Gave up 100 yards rusher 2 games in a row.

The defense sucked Sunday. Only reason we have not given up many points is we played the sorry Rams and Lions!!!!

In every other stat our defense sucks. The polar opposite from last year. That should be a huge concern for you. I look at all the stats. We are in serious trouble

im not ready to flame this defense until i can see the offense produce anything even close to average. these guys have produced in the past, and one bad stat after 3 games is not enough for me to blame them.

watching this offense sputter around for almost the past year is just mind numbing at this point and i frankly feel bad for our defense.

Why? The defense gets paid as well.

Ravens won a super bowl with a crappy offense. Not saying that is what I expect.

I grade the offense on what it can control and the defense likewise.

The major stat for a defense is and has been 3rd down pct. WE ARE DEAD LAST!!!

Disagree. They are both to blame. More, I remember a Ravens team not so long ago that went half a season without scoring a touchdown. That defense seemed capable of stopping teams. In fact, they even scored points. In fact, the Ravens even won a Superbowl with a pathetic offense.

Our D's inability to make stops, generate turnovers, and willingness to make every running back a hundred yard runner and every qb pro bowl worthy is not worth your defending. Our defense has no defense.

first of all, contrary to popular belief, that ravens team was 14th in the league in scoring, so while they had a bad stretch in the middle of the season, they were capable of scoring points at an average to above average NFL level (and their defense gave them one TD all season). obviously the D got them turnovers which helped as well, but youre talking about maybe the best defense of all time. we do not and will not have that.

and blache is to blame for our defenses lack of turnovers and big play ability. his scheme is garbage and as long as we run it, we will look like we do, just hopefully a better version.

im just surprised to see so many enraged by a defense that has produced so much for this team over the past few seasons. this completely hammering our guys, after one bad game where the offense again showed how much of a failure it is, is going too far.

Great!!!! Good for them. We are 1-2 and let the lions run all over us, we could not stop them on 3rd down and we lost.

We let a rookie qb drive on us 3 times over 70 yards in the first half.

Gave up 100 yards rusher 2 games in a row.

The defense sucked Sunday. Only reason we have not given up many points is we played the sorry Rams and Lions!!!!

In every other stat our defense sucks. The polar opposite from last year. That should be a huge concern for you. I look at all the stats. We are in serious trouble

that argument is bunk though about the points. we played the giants and gave up 16. how can you sit there and basically say "wait til we play a good team" when we already played probably the best team in the NFC and held them to 16 points in their home stadium??

first of all, contrary to popular belief, that ravens team was 14th in the league in scoring, so while they had a bad stretch in the middle of the season, they were capable of scoring points at an average to above average NFL level (and their defense gave them one TD all season). obviously the D got them turnovers which helped as well, but youre talking about maybe the best defense of all time. we do not and will not have that.

and blache is to blame for our defenses lack of turnovers and big play ability. his scheme is garbage and as long as we run it, we will look like we do, just hopefully a better version.

im just surprised to see so many enraged by a defense that has produced so much for this team over the past few seasons. this completely hammering our guys, after one bad game where the offense again showed how much of a failure it is, is going too far.

Ravens offense

5th rushing

22nd passing

They could pound the rock but could not pass for a thing.

I am not knocking the defense for last year :doh: For this year. And in the stats that matter, 3rd dwn pct, we are dead last. we were 5th last year.

It all matters why we lose or win. What they did last year don't mean squat

That's all we're saying. The defense is garbage. There. Was that so hard? If the scheme is garbage and the execution is garbage and the outcome is garbage....

Most of us are just being honest. Have we had good defenses in the past? Yes. Has our defense in the last three games been good? No. Average? Probably not. Poor? At least.

Disagree. They are both to blame. More, I remember a Ravens team not so long ago that went half a season without scoring a touchdown. That defense seemed capable of stopping teams. In fact, they even scored points. In fact, the Ravens even won a Superbowl with a pathetic offense.

Our D's inability to make stops, generate turnovers, and willingness to make every running back a hundred yard runner and every qb pro bowl worthy is not worth your defending. Our defense has no defense.

OK, so we can complain about the defense not being the 2000 Ravens, then can we complain about the fact that our QB isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Drew Brees.

It's crazy to point to the defense at this juncture. Just insane. THE OFFENSE CAN'T SCORE. This is THE problem right now, nothing else is nearly as important.

The house is on fire, but let's worry about that mold in the basement right now.

Ravens offense

5th rushing

22nd passing

They could pound the rock but could not pass for a thing.

I am not knocking the defense for last year :doh: For this year. And in the stats that matter, 3rd dwn pct, we are dead last. we were 5th last year.

It all matters why we lose or win. What they did last year don't mean squat

think about this defense though. they did not play up to par against the lions, the 3rd down stat is troubling. this is a good group of players that have produced before.

heres my question for you: do you trust this defense to turn it around based on the personnel and their history as a unit?

OK, so we can complain about the defense not being the 2000 Ravens, then can we complain about the fact that our QB isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Drew Brees.

It's crazy to point to the defense at this juncture. Just insane. THE OFFENSE CAN'T SCORE. This is THE problem right now, nothing else is nearly as important.

The house is on fire, but let's worry about that mold in the basement right now.

No

Our defense let a rookie qb go on 3 straight scoring drives of over 70 yards. We have given up 2 straight 100 yard rushing backs. We are dead last in defensive 3rd down pct.

It all matters.

Add that to our offense and it equaled a loss on Sunday. We are the sum of all our parts. We are a team.

That's all we're saying. The defense is garbage. There. Was that so hard? If the scheme is garbage and the execution is garbage and the outcome is garbage....

Most of us are just being honest. Have we had good defenses in the past? Yes. Has our defense in the last three games been good? No. Average? Probably not. Poor? At least.

i agree with both of you guys. although the defense isnt playing to their usual standard, the offense is a much bigger problem.

burgold youve already conceded that the D is holding teams to very few points, so it seems youre not happy with the "means", although you are content with the "ends". i agree the D can play better and will play better than they have been. but if the offense is gonna be completely dreadful it wont matter.

Our defense is giving up points, otherwise we wouldnt be losing games. There is more to losing than just points. Like field position, time of possession, letting a young quarterback get into a groove by obsessing over preventing the deep ball.

Blache has no concerns for our lack of offense and does the exact same thing every week. Tries to keep our opponents at 16 points. He needs to try and keep them at zero points with our current offensive woes.

But it appears the offense and defense have no coordination whatsoever. No communication. Nothing to try and help out the other.

Zorn is not completely the head coach of our team, he just pretty much runs the offense. Smith makes the timeout and replay calls. Blache has free reign of the D it is going to be underacheiving easy defense to play again this year.

think about this defense though. they did not play up to par against the lions, the 3rd down stat is troubling. this is a good group of players that have produced before.

heres my question for you: do you trust this defense to turn it around based on the personnel and their history as a unit?

I don't know. Remember last year was just a off season removed from Gregg Williams, and Zorn and the coaches may be losing the locker room.

I think it will be easier than fixing our offense. And our best way to get back on track till the offense comes around.

No, I do not. This defense is reminescent of that Gregg Williams defense. I remember people talking about "last year" then too and how it was all on the "o" This is the same. The Redskins have used up my faith. I need to see it on the field and distrust anyone who tells me that they are good or great otherwise.

Last year's no. 4 defense is worth nothing unless they do something on the field this year and so far this year they have done nothing worth commending.

No. Not with Blache running a vanilla scheme.

we ran this scheme last year and it worked didnt it? i personally dont like the scheme at all, but its proven it can keep teams point totals down, which i do like.

just imagine if we had an average NFL offense, average. im saying average. 23 points per game, a few TDs, a few FGs: average. no one would be complaining about this defense giving up too many 3rd down conversions, because nobody can score on us regardless.

No, I do not. This defense is reminescent of that Gregg Williams defense. I remember people talking about "last year" then too and how it was all on the "o" This is the same. The Redskins have used up my faith. I need to see it on the field and distrust anyone who tells me that they are good or great otherwise.

Last year's no. 4 defense is worth nothing unless they do something on the field this year and so far this year they have done nothing worth commending.

I don't know. Remember last year was just a off season removed from Gregg Williams, and Zorn and the coaches may be losing the locker room.

I think it will be easier than fixing our offense. And our best way to get back on track till the offense comes around.

were gonna have to wait and see then. i trust us to turn it around on defense cause ive seen us do it before. the offense will continue to fail however, so the defense may look like a culprit at times if theyre not playing at a hall of fame level. i feel like were leaning on the defense even harder now than we were last year.

just imagine if we had an average NFL offense, average. im saying average. 23 points per game, a few TDs, a few FGs: average. no one would be complaining about this defense giving up too many 3rd down conversions, because nobody can score on us regardless.

Doesn't matter what kind of offense we have it they are only on the field for 8 minutes a half.

we ran this scheme last year and it worked didnt it? i personally dont like the scheme at all, but its proven it can keep teams point totals down, which i do like.

Yeah we would.

Our defense has not been very good. Even if our offense was avg we might have lost both the giants and the Lions game. We could not stop either of them.

Both the Lions and Giants drove down field for 1 more score to put the game out of reach.

Giants went on a 10 play 66 yard fg drive for 23-10 lead

Lions 8 play 85 yard td drive to go up 19-7

We stopped no one both Sundays. Both games we played poor defensively in the first half.

Giants

START QTR POSS. YARD PLAYS YARDS RESULT

15:00 1 07:19 NYG 22 12 67 Field Goal

04:52 1 04:58 NYG 20 10 77 Downs

13:20 2 03:10 NYG 44 6 44 Touchdown

Lions

15:00 1 03:51 DET 15 6 13 Punt

07:10 1 05:50 DET 1 12 99 Touchdown

13:56 2 05:26 DET 6 11 74 Field Goal

06:53 2 06:53 DET 6 18 86 Field Goal

We are the sum of all our parts. the defense must own it's failures as well.

um, if we had an offense that could move the ball the defense wouldnt be on the field at all.

11:09 1 03:59 WAS 24 11 75 Downs

Next drive the defense let the Lions go 99 yards for a td!!!!

Our offense is 13th in yards. we move it we just don't score.

and after all those yards and 3rd downs, teams walked away with very little. and our offense didnt respond.

isnt the defenses job to keep the points low, and the offenses job to score points? seems one unit is doing its job in the points category, the other is not.

Once again who is deflecting?

I am not here defending the offense. No matter how poor you say the offense is it does not ignore how poor our defense is playing, especially early in games.

Those are the facts.

An no the defenses job is more than keep the score low. It is to get the ball back for the offense.

seems one unit is doing its job in the points category, the other is not.

The very fact that you have to place an asterick on your comment is telling. Even in your staunchest defense, you need to rationalize. The D has not gotten it done. This D needs to dominate an opponent. It needs to humiliate a team like the lions and make a rookie qb look like someone other than Joe Montana.

The Lions turned it off in the second half because the game was theirs. They just played keep away. You know how I know? The moment we scored they casually easily marched down the field and scored a touchdown.

Our defense was as stout as a one ply toilet paper in a monsoon.

Archived