Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Definately, D is the problem

myzhi

Unless you consider the context of the conversation. Unless you consider that he was replying directly to me as part of a back and forth discussion that we have been engaging in. Unless you consider what we were discussing and exactly how we were discussing it. If you ignore all of those things, then that is the only way your assertion is anywhere close to correct.

But in actually, his response was very level given the context and nature of the conversation. Yours, on the other hand, seemed only meant to incite some sort of reaction, which is close to the very definition of trolling.

Did you miss the whole back and forth He and I had at the same time?

In the middle of me answering every question and posting every stat he states

ill be honest, i hate our offense so much right now its hard to even try and point fingers at the defense. call that bias, but when our offense is bottom 5 terrible, and i see our defense holding teams to the 6th best points allowed in the league, i just tend to think we should cut the defense some slack.

i said earlier, lets wait til the offense actually moves the ball and see how the D responds. we havent seen a good offensive performance yet.

Than his whole point is to troll any discussion objectively on the defenses failures. right?

I stand behind my posts and the facts of what he stated as being honest himself.

You act like He and I were not in a discussion over this subject. His intention is to troll. He comes right out and says he is bias and can't have a objective critique of the defense cause of his hatred for the offense.

He is not trying to analyze what is working or failing, only to bash the offense.

That is trolling.

And for me to be honest as well I thought we were having a good discussion till I read that post. I did not realize his intentions were to just bash the offense.

And they do deserve some bashing

Did you miss the whole back and forth He and I had at the same time?

In the middle of me answering every question and posting every stat he states "ill be honest, i hate our offense so much right now its hard to even try and point fingers at the defense."

Than his whole point is to troll any discussion objectively on the defenses failures. right?

I stand behind my posts and the facts of what he stated as being honest himself.

Well...someone can be objective in one discussion and not in another without losing credibility in either. It is when the two mix in the same conversation that a problem occurs. My point is, you were quoting someone out of context in order to prove something for yourself. If the conversations are of a different nature, then they are sure to inspire different responses which should not be used against each other.

ill be honest, i hate our offense so much right now its hard to even try and point fingers at the defense. call that bias, but when our offense is bottom 5 terrible, and i see our defense holding teams to the 6th best points allowed in the league, i just tend to think we should cut the defense some slack.

i said earlier, lets wait til the offense actually moves the ball and see how the D responds. we havent seen a good offensive performance yet.

How can you say lets wait till the Offense moves the ball? Have you been watching the games? How bout you go watch the game again and watch our O drive to the 1 and then watch the D let Sorry Azz Detroit go 99yards on them. Watch that then comment.

The O has been moving the ball just fine. The problem is redzone scoring. We all know ur a hater but try to keep it real sometimes. Point blank the D lost that game for us. You dont let Sorry Azz Detroit go 90 plus on you 3 times straight. Everytime we need a stop the D gives up a 1st down. And its been that way for years.

You can hop on those rankings all you want but I bet you wont put ur money on them to make the stop when it counts.

Well...someone can be objective in one discussion and not in another without losing credibility in either. It is when the two mix in the same conversation that a problem occurs. My point is, you were quoting someone out of context in order to prove something for yourself. If the conversations are of a different nature, then they are sure to inspire different responses which should not be used against each other.

How was it out of context? What are you talking about? What was I trying to prove?

He said

I posted his whole quote. Word for word. He said this as I typed out a long response to a question he asked about the defense and the Giants game. So he could care less what I was typing, he thought he had a fool proof bash on the offense.

Notice he never even commented on that post.

How can you say lets wait till the Offense moves the ball? Have you been watching the games? How bout you go watch the game again and watch our O drive to the 1 and then watch the D let Sorry Azz Detroit go 99yards on them. Watch that then comment.

The O has been moving the ball just fine. The problem is redzone scoring. We all know ur a hater but try to keep it real sometimes. Point blank the D lost that game for us. You dont let Sorry Azz Detroit go 90 plus on you 3 times straight. Everytime we need a stop the D gives up a 1st down. And its been that way for years.

You can hop on those rankings all you want but I bet you wont put ur money on them to make the stop when it counts.

lol, you named one drive. we got past their 45 yard line once after that on a 3 play drive to moss, until 5 minutes left in the game.

if thats moving the ball, you probably think every offense in this league is the 99 rams.

How was it out of context? What are you talking about? What was I trying to prove?

He said

I posted his whole quote. Word for word. He said this as I typed out a long response to a question he asked about the defense and the Giants game. So he could care less what I was typing, he thought he had a fool proof bash on the offense.

Never you mind.

Your reading comp skills will catch up to your "jump to conclusion mat" eventually.

How was it out of context? What are you talking about?

He said

Get used to that homie he wont comment back if u make sense. Trust me i know

lol, you named one drive. we got past their 45 yard line once after that on a 3 play drive to moss, until 5 minutes left in the game.

if thats moving the ball, you probably think every offense in this league is the 99 rams.

So ur telling me we only had 1 drive all year where we moved the ball? And I was going off of ur comment where u said show u when it happened

the word trolling is so stupid i dont even bother responding to it.

back to the topic. the defense is taking too much guff after one bad game, and theyre limiting other teams scoring to very little points. i think thats a very big positive. the negative is that theyre allowing bigger drives which limit the amount of time our offense can get on the field.

i think the positive for the defense outweighs the negative, and frankly i think if given more opportunities our offense would just squander them. history says they wouldnt produce anything with more chances. so again, the defense can improve, and april80 keeps harping on our 3rd down stat, which isnt as important as points allowed, yet youre making it sound like were losing games cause we allow 3rd down conversions.

were losing games because we score 13 points per game.

back to the topic. the defense is taking too much guff after one bad game, and theyre limiting other teams scoring to very little points. i think thats a very big positive. the negative is that theyre allowing bigger drives which limit the amount of time our offense can get on the field.

i think the positive for the defense outweighs the negative, and frankly i think if given more opportunities our offense would just squander them. history says they wouldnt produce anything with more chances. so again, the defense can improve, and april80 keeps harping on our 3rd down stat, which isnt as important as points allowed, yet youre making it sound like were losing games cause we allow 3rd down conversions.

Not that post

This post http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6825365&postcount=194

why do you keep ignoring the fact that we stopped the giants from scoring on us? just please explain your thought process. theyre probably the best team in the NFC and we held them to 16. please explain that.

Cause they changed to running the clock down in the 4th qtr. When we could not get a stop.

2 drives for 6 points in the 4th qtr

WAS 10 NYG 20, 8 plays, 44 yards, 1 penalty, 4:47 drive, 3:57 elapsed

WAS 10 NYG 23, 10 plays, 66 yards, 1 penalty, 6:11 drive, 11:48 elapsed

18 plays and almost 11 mins. Score was 17-10 at beginning of the 4th. We could not get 1 stop.

The Giants could have scored so much more if they chose too. The offense played bad as well but when the defense could have made a stopped they let them drive it down our throats, twice.

That is the reality inside that 16 points

As I too said, D sux, not as bad as O, but to people saying D main reason we are loosing, that's wrong. It lies more with O.

No the blame is equal. Neither the O or the D did enough to win and both did enough to lose. Trying to put the blame more on one side than the other is just wrong. They both played well at times and very poor at times.

We lost as a team.

You skipped right over it. Good Job

Our defense is actually ranked lower than our offense right now. Our offense is ranked 13th. Interpret it any way you want...

Defensive ranking:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Offensive ranking:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

I agree with some of what ur saying but we ARE losing games because of 3rd downs. The O barely had the ball in the 1st half because the D couldnt get off the field. The Horton penalty was 3rd down. If we stop them and get the ball back maybe we win.

But I do agree our O has to score more points...we all know that.

What?

Yeah you lost me. Sorry I don't work in vagues. Or maybe you have no clue what you were saying and now claim it is I who has no reading comp skills or what ever you claim. Good one.

Go back and read what was actually being replied to.

Try very hard to understand how that conversation differed in nature and context from your own.

If you can't do that, then I can't help you.

I just hope you can tell the difference between trolling and what actually took place.

I agree with some of what ur saying but we ARE losing games because of 3rd downs. The O barely had the ball in the 1st half because the D couldnt get off the field. The Horton penalty was 3rd down. If we stop them and get the ball back maybe we win.

But I do agree our O has to score more points...we all know that.

right, all im saying is the O is squandering all of its opportunities.

we can complain that the D is giving up big drives, but if theyre not allowing points, then what does it matter? what is the harm in allowing big drives that end in 0s? so what, they chew up some clock? cant we turn around and do the same? the O should be able to take the ball and drive it down the field, and they cant.

Go back and read what was actually being replied to.

Try very hard to understand how that conversation differed in nature and context from your own.

If you can't do that, then I can't help you.

I just hope you can tell the difference between trolling and what actually took place.

You don't get my point. I can tell now. I am sorry

BLC came out and said he can not get past his hatred for the offense and even said that might make him bias. Thus making his intentions in this thread suspect.

Next he asks me a direct question and I answered it and he ignored it. Thus showing his intentions were not to discuss the facts but to bash the offense.

Notice he still has not responded to that post. I posted it twice now. That is my only point.

right, all im saying is the O is squandering all of its opportunities.

we can complain that the D is giving up big drives, but if theyre not allowing points, then what does it matter? what is the harm in allowing big drives that end in 0s? so what, they chew up some clock? cant we turn around and do the same? the O should be able to take the ball and drive it down the field, and they cant.

The problems with letting teams get big drives are 1) Eats up clock, gets D tired from being on the field too long, The O never gets a chance to get in a rhythm.

And the most important is it gives the other team Momentem over us.

Cause they changed to running the clock down in the 4th qtr. When we could not get a stop.

2 drives for 6 points in the 4th qtr

WAS 10 NYG 20, 8 plays, 44 yards, 1 penalty, 4:47 drive, 3:57 elapsed

WAS 10 NYG 23, 10 plays, 66 yards, 1 penalty, 6:11 drive, 11:48 elapsed

18 plays and almost 11 mins. Score was 17-10 at beginning of the 4th. We could not get 1 stop.

The Giants could have scored so much more if they chose too. The offense played bad as well but when the defense could have made a stopped they let them drive it down our throats, twice.

That is the reality inside that 16 points

the offense moved the ball a total of 41 yards in the 2nd half until the giants went up by 10. the offense had 3 drives in the 3rd quarter, one starting at the giants 11 yard line, and we gained 3 points out of it.

in the 4th quarter, our one possession was a 3 and out before the giants went up.

this offense is killing us, not the defense. the giants are a better team anyways, to expect us to continually get stops while the offense sputters around is completely unreasonable.

The problems with letting teams get big drives are 1) Eats up clock, gets D tired from being on the field too long, The O never gets a chance to get in a rhythm.

And the most important is it gives the other team Momentem over us.

Exactly.

If the defense was doing their job it would be one thing but they are doing just as poor as the offense.

Archived