Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Definately, D is the problem

myzhi

We've given up 20 to no team. We've scored 6 whole points in the first half of all 3 games total.

Put 21+ on the board one single time on offense and then tell me it's the defenses fault. Score 14 in the first half of any game, please.

The defense can't shut out every team when they know our offense is going to play to lose until the game is over.

:chair::chair::chair::chair::chair:

51% of third downs converted on this defense.

just because they keep the score down doesn't mean they can stop anyone.

watch what's happening.

We've given up 20 to no team. We've scored 6 whole points in the first half of all 3 games total.

Put 21+ on the board one single time on offense and then tell me it's the defenses fault. Score 14 in the first half of any game, please.

The defense can't shut out every team when they know our offense is going to play to lose until the game is over.

:chair::chair::chair::chair::chair:

Besides the Rams who have we stopped? Yes we have held the 3 teams we faced under 20 points scored against our defense.

That does not change that the truth inside those numbers show a defense that has not stopped any one. In fact the only reason we have given up so, lil score is the Rams and Lions suck offensively. And the Giants could have scored so much more if they didn't decide to start killing time.

That is what a mirage is. Something that appears what it is not. Our defense rank in scoring is 5th yes. But when you look deeper into our stats we are sub par to dead last.

And 2 areas we excelled in last year TOP and 3rd downs we are 28th and dead last.

DEAD LAST!!!!!

We avg 51% 3rd downs. Pathetic!!!

Lions avged 29% on 3rd downs first 2 games. They avged 56% against us Sunday!!!!! :doh::doh::doh::doh:

2 last running backs, Rams and Lions, went over 100 yards. :doh:

Our offense sucks!!! Well guess what now so does our defense. And is exactly why we lost to the 0-19 lions. We suck on both sides of the ball. We suck!!!!

And if this continues we will not be 5th in defensive scoring long. Last season the team that finished last in 3rd downs went 2-14. The team that finished 1st in 3rd downs on defense won the super bowl. 2nd and 3rd were the Eagles and Ravens.

Facts. :doh:

So how many sacks do you think we're gonna get on Josh Johnson, and undrafted qb playing his first game as a starting qb? My bet is we get 2 and he walks away looking like the future of the tampa bay franchise.

remember when we had stafford on 3rd down and he ran for 20+ yards?

that's what johnson brings to the table, except people expect him to run.

some of you guys keep saying "we cant stop anybody", yet we stop them all from scoring. how can the defense be truly underperforming if nobody is scoring on us?

the offense cannot sustain a drive or get the defense off the field. and if the defense did get the offense off the field and didnt give up long drives, what would the offense do? go 3 and out or move the ball 32 yards and punt?

some of you guys keep saying "we cant stop anybody", yet we stop them all from scoring. how can the defense be truly underperforming if nobody is scoring on us?

the offense cannot sustain a drive or get the defense off the field. and if the defense did get the offense off the field and didnt give up long drives, what would the offense do? go 3 and out or move the ball 32 yards and punt?

They are scoring on us. When it matters late in games. 2 long drives in the 4th given up to the Giants. We held them to fg's but that was more than enough. We were down 10-17 at the begging of the 4th. We let them drain 11 mins off the clock.

In the Lions game down by 6 we let them Go 85 yards for a td. putting the game out of reach.

In crunch time with the game on the line we have not been able to make the big stops. Sorry if you can't see that.

The offense failed too, not saying they didn't. Both sides failed and this led to our 2 losses.

If you hold a team to 17 points and don't win, its the offense.
i would agree that in "crunch time" the D has failed us.

my biggest problem is that we shouldnt be in "crunch time" in every single game because the offense is such a failure. that puts tremendous pressure on a defense in every single game which i think is not right. so while yes, i can see how you think our D isnt stopping anybody, it shouldnt be coming down to the D being forced to make 4th quarter stops every single week to give our offense one final shot when theyve failed all game.

do you see what i mean by that?

"Of course, by the definition of some, garbage time extends to the second quarter, once the Redskins defense puts the offense in a 10-0 hole before Jason Campbell's third possession. The Redskins have been down 10-0 in the second quarter of both losses"

http://redskinshogheaven.com/2009/09/your-monthly-jason-campbell-report-september.html

In both losses the defense has come out flat regrouped at half for the 3rd and than folded in the 4th.

Facts. We are struggling on both sides of the ball.

They are scoring on us. When it matters late in games. 2 long drives in the 4th given up to the Giants. We held them to fg's but that was more than enough. We were down 10-17 at the begging of the 4th. We let them drain 11 mins off the clock.

In the Lions game down by 6 we let them Go 85 yards for a td. putting the game out of reach.

In crunch time with the game on the line we have not been able to make the big stops. Sorry if you can't see that.

The offense failed too, not saying they didn't. Both sides failed and this led to our 2 losses.

my biggest problem is that we shouldnt be in "crunch time" in every single game because the offense is such a failure. that puts tremendous pressure on a defense in every single game which i think is not right. so while yes, i can see how you think our D isnt stopping anybody, it shouldnt be coming down to the D being forced to make 4th quarter stops every single week to give our offense one final shot when theyve failed all game.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6826824&postcount=284

Would be nice if the defense would stop putting the offense in the hole

would be nice if the defense could play with a lead.

you can go in circles with that nonsense all day.

It did, the rams game. The one game the defense did not give up 10 points in the opponents first 2 or 3 drives.

We are not going in circles. In our 2 losses the defense has fallen behind 10-0. They have let offenses drive all over them early.

You are trying to "spin" facts. I am just stating what happened in our 2 losses. It is called reality.

In the Giants game the Giants drove down from the opening kick off and scored a fg. And than after the offenses punt after the ARE pass play the defense let the Giants drive down to our goal line where they got stopped on 4th and 1. We ran left 3 straight times for no gain and punted. The Giants drove down the field once again and scored a TD Defense stopped no one.

In the lions game we got stopped on 4th and 1. Our defense let them go 99 yards to take a 7 to nothing lead. The defense stopped no one.

Seems our defense is more responsible than our offense for the deficits early in our losses.

Our defense is just as responsible for our losses as the offense.

It did, the rams game. The one game the defense did not give up 10 points in the opponents first 2 or 3 drives.

We are not going in circles. In our 2 losses the defense has fallen behind 10-0. They have let offenses drive all over them early.

You are trying to "spin" facts. I am just stating what happened in our 2 losses. It is called reality.

Our defense is just as responsible for our losses as the offense.

so when our defense gives up a TD, isnt our offense supposed to be able to answer back? our defense is gonna give up drives man, they arent the juggernaut some are expecting.

and a 10 point deficit is tiny. the vikings were in the hole 10-0 to the same team a week before and scored 27 unanswered, and the vikings D is better than ours. the offense cant score, its why were losing.

Score points on offense. We went 3 and out instead of scoring a TD. That's why the Giants got the ball back a minute after kicking a FG. Pay attention. Believe it or not, if we are scoring TD's while they are kicking FG's we win that game 10 out of 10 times, guaran****ingteed!

Not counting garbage time our kicker and punter has out scored our offense 20 to 6. Add in garbage time and its 22-18. 6 points a game of offense when the other team is giving you 12 of 18 by running prevent. And that's with the offense sabotaging the kickers chances by going for it on 4th down several times and flailing!

This offense would lose a lot of baseball games.

By the 4th quarter our defense is probably saying "**** IT". And despite that they still only gave up 13 to the Giants, 7 to the Rams, and 13 to 16 to the Lions. That's pretty bad, right?

5 of 7 3-0 teams would be 0-3 with our offense. And most 1-2 or 2-1 teams would be 3-0 with our defense. Does that give you a clue?

Look at teams' 3rd down efficiencies against us and their TOP...

Then get back to us with some more malarky.

so when our defense gives up a TD, isnt our offense supposed to be able to answer back? our defense is gonna give up drives man, they arent the juggernaut some are expecting.

and a 10 point deficit is tiny. the vikings were in the hole 10-0 to the same team a week before and scored 27 unanswered, and the vikings D is better than ours. the offense cant score, its why were losing.

Score points on offense. We went 3 and out instead of scoring a TD. That's why the Giants got the ball back a minute after kicking a FG. Pay attention. Believe it or not, if we are scoring TD's while they are kicking FG's we win that game 10 out of 10 times, guaran****ingteed!

Not counting garbage time our kicker and punter has out scored our offense 20 to 6. Add in garbage time and its 22-18. 6 points a game of offense when the other team is giving you 12 of 18 by running prevent. And that's with the offense sabotaging the kickers chances by going for it on 4th down several times and flailing!

This offense would lose a lot of baseball games.

By the 4th quarter our defense is probably saying "**** IT". And despite that they still only gave up 13 to the Giants, 7 to the Rams, and 13 to 16 to the Lions. That's pretty bad, right?

Yes. where did I say our offense was not to blame as well!!!!!

You can't seem to be able to wrap your head around the fact that both sides of the ball are equally at fault.

It is almost as if we are a TEAM :doh:

Why can't you get that?

Yes. where did I say our offense was not to blame as well!!!!!

You can't seem to be able to wrap your head around the fact that both sides of the ball are equally at fault.

It is almost as if we are a TEAM :doh:

Why can't you get that?

weve established both as a problem, im merely stating that offense is the BIGGER problem and you dont seem to agree. whats your feeling on that? whos MORE responsible?

we suck badly on 3rd down, this has been stated and agreed with.

whats more important. stopping teams on 3rd down, or stopping teams from scoring points?

get back to me.

When our defense limits the number of times our offense gets the ball, then, yes that's a problem.

Football 101.

You must have not taken notes.

Teams who dominate in TOP usually win.

Just the facts.

weve established both as a problem, im merely stating that offense is the BIGGER problem and you dont seem to agree. whats your feeling on that? whos MORE responsible?

Of course, you'd think the offense is the BIGGER problem...you have an agenda!

:rotflmao:

we suck badly on 3rd down, this has been stated and agreed with.

whats more important. stopping teams on 3rd down, or stopping teams from scoring points?

get back to me.

Both are important. Just like it is important to have a good run game and pass game.

You seem to think we couldn't do both. We did last year.

We are not very good right now on defense and for you to defend that is beyond understanding. You admit they fold in crunch time, You see they come out flat and play poorly out the gate.

You hold all this respect for the defense based on a stat that is a mirage. No other stat has us in the top 10 let alone top 5. We only have given up so lil points is because the Poor offensives we faced and the Giants running the clock down. They were up 23-10!!!!

The used up over 11 mins in 2 drives in the 4th qtr!!!!!

We are

5th in scoring

15th in yards

24th in rushing

28th in TOP

32nd in 3rd downs

Which stat does not fit the others?

We are a team. There is 1 problem. We are playing poorly on both sides.

Why does one side have to be the bigger issue? What are you trying to say? Notice I never said one was the bigger issue. They are both issues. And until we fix both we will struggle.

Coming into the season we had the 4th ranked defense the offense was clearly lagging behind. That was last year.

This year neither is playing well at all. This is just the reality.

Archived